F1 2015 (PS4, Xbox One) review review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 2015 (PS4, Xbox One) review review

I've been playing a lot of this since its release and wanted to chat about it on here but after some searching, I can't see a first play thread for F1 2015 on here so here we are!

The handling is super lovely, played every Codemasters F1 game besides F1 2014 and its a good step up. Cars are predictable, there's a touch more of controllable oversteer (Something the old games never had) and the graphics are fantastic. Rock steady at 1080p and 60FPS with only a noticeable difference when playing in race mode with rain effects on.

Here's a video I made yesterday when I got into the zone at Melbourne Park and pretty much hit every line perfectly, very satisfying!

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I'm absolutely loving it. Fantastic handling, the cars stick to the road; although I do have traction on.

I'm currently fighting against Hamilton in the Williams with Massa on hard mode but not using flashbacks anymore as it's kinda spoiling the fun.

Comment

I don't why I got such bad reviews, okay it's a little short on modes , but the actual racing is spot on.

Comment

Completely agree. I understand why some people moaned about lack of modes but the previous game F1 2014 was the culmination of over 5 years of evolutionary work. Did they really expect everything to make the transition into the first game?

The AI, racing, graphics, sound (Well, as much noise as you'll get out of those turbo engines) and most importantly feel, is spot on.

Last video I'll post for awhile, but here was a tense 3 lap race with my brother at Canada. The AI was on medium and was all over my back for the entire race!

Last edited by Wools; 11-08-2015, 10:37.

Comment

Couple of nice videos Wools, would be all over this on Steam but seems they've made a total mess of it on PC.
          Missing safety car etc etc, see reviews here:

Race like a champion in F1™ 2015 A stunning new game engine and all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ puts you in the heart of the action.

Comment

Is the AI decent in this? Seen a number of reviews criticising it.

Comment

The graphics are astounding in those videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                It's very, very good. I've not had a chance to fight with them a lot as I've done a lot of TT and online practise with my brother, but what I have played has been best in class in my opinion.

Codemasters has always been the best racing game developer when it comes to AI. They hustle for position, give you room and as much possible, race fairly. I have seen some people moan about it but I believe that's down to how good it is, the AI opponents are being measured against real racers rather than the drones of Gran Turismo 6 and Forza Motorsport 5. Project Cars is the closest in comparison but it is not as refined as F1 2015.

Yes, they are not perfect, but in terms of the competition they are fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                  The IGN review is a joke and just keeps banking on about the broken multiplayer . The game is fantasic tbh.

Comment

Good to know. Will give it a punt.

Comment

No doubt Codemasters are good at AI.

Comment

After reading the impressions here,I've just bought the PS4 version

Comment

You won't regret , I read the ign review and they say it has screen tearing, well I've never had any and I played for over 10 hours, and it's just so smooth, I just don't get what they are talking about.

Comment

If it's 60 fps it probably has tearing. Small price to pay imo. 60 fps makes it all better.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                              You won't regret , I read the ign review and they say it has screen tearing, well I've never had any and I played for over 10 hours, and it's just so smooth, I just don't get what they are talking about.
                              Haven't played an F1 game in years so looking forward to this especially at 60fps

Comment

Working...
                              X