Gears of War Ultimate Edition review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
    Been giving it a bit of a blast over the last few days. It all looks very nice, but there's still the odd low rez texture here and there.

My god though the AI on your team mates is atrocious. I sat watching Dom jump into a corner whilst a berserker span round and round, completely forgot to dvr it for proof. My 'team' continued to get their backside handed to them on casual.. So I suppose it's showing it's age there.

Still tremendous fun. I just need to sort out my router to get off the strict NAT I'm stuck with at the moment and get on the MP. Which I'm terrible at.
    The new levels from PC look especially ropey! It feels like less work has gone into them.

Comment

ULTIMATE EDITION!

Comment

Could have punched Dom last night, i've literally only ever had a fail state due to his ability to get himself killed. He also went through a phase of blocking my progress by physically blockading narrow pathways. Into Act 4 now so going to try and finish this tonight

Comment

Haven't even played single player yet. Just been online, nice to see there's a problem with the way the shotgun works that they've acknowledged needs to be patched... On a 10 year old game.

Comment

Finished now, the remaster/remake job is solid but the game does risk outstaying its welcome. Not sure if that's something I feel about the franchise or just the original entry at the moment but it isn't helped at all by the PC chapters added late in the campaign where there's a noticeable drop in quality in the closing hour.

Comment

My god. I knew I was bad at multiplayer in GOW.. But this takes the biscuit. WHAT IS GOING ON? Do I just run around with the shotgun? Is that the idea?

Comment

No....you ROLL around with the shotgun

Comment

Ah yeah. So how do I make everyone explode like I seem to continuously.

My games go like this:

'Look there's an enemy!' *roll,roll,roll,face other direction,spin around* 'I've exploded again'

Comment

Working...
                  X