X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wools View Post
    Wool's proposed ending of MGS4:

Spoilers for a 7 year old game!

Snake dies heroically after walking through the microwave hallway and uploading the computer virus. Hal retrieves all the info about the Patriots and the American government and makes it public after Snakes death, tying in nicely with the theme of passing on your DNA rooted in MGS2. Raiden would have sacrificed himself trying to stop Metal Gear Ray and the Patriots Battleship at Shadow Moses. Meryl ideally would never have meet Johnny and would have grieved over Snake making their relationship more heartbreaking when Snake dies.

All the other bull**** about Big Boss being murdered as an old man, Ocelot having a ****ing arm from Liquid, I would have nuked it from orbit when Kojima requested it! I really hated how Kojima and Konami made such a deal about Snake wanting to die before the release and how this is the end of MGS but it was so light on actual consequence and actions. No one of importance dies, nothing big story wise occurs, it just ties itself up on little detail that no one cares about.

Arguably, nothing of importance occurs to the main cast from the end story beat of MGS1 to the end of MGS4, bar the brilliantly handled death of Hal's sister in MGS2.
    Regards the ending Ryan Payton I think it was said recently on the 8-4 play podcast Kojima wanted a different ending to MGS4 I think where Snake kills himself or is in prison or something, but Kojima Productions staff rejected it.

Comment

Originally posted by KIT786 View Post
      Having downloaded my GZ save file, appears to have corrupted my PP save file... when i try to load my save file just continues to forever stay on the loading screen (where it shows you tips), but its not frozen as i can view different tips. I've tried deleting the patch and reinstalling the game but no luck always get stuck when trying to load the save file. also tried both connected to the servers and offline mode but same result.

Only option i can see is deleting my 18hour save file and starting from scratch, but not sure i can be bothered to start all over again. anyone else experinced anything similar or have any ideas of a potential fix? i'm playing on x360 btw

Did you play Misson 29 or 42 with Quiet as this corrupts the save file for MGSPP (All vers affected). I uploaded my save data from MGSGZ to MGSPP with no problem but this was after the intro so very early on. Not sure if because you uploaded after 18 hours of play and that made it go strange.

Comment

I hadn't actually even got Quiet, just been doing lots of random side ops missions. Konami have said other people have also reported it and looking into a fix/patch. If its not fixed whenever they release their next patch for teh game, will probably just start again :/

Comment

Inadvertently read the ending spoiler on another site despite not even having started the game. (Got as far as uploading my GZ save, though). Not bothered at all tbh as I couldn't care less for MGS plots. But anyway, now we know why Big Boss turned so bitter and evil:

he wasn't even in his own game

! / Guffaw

Comment

Finally starting to "get" this and enjoying the missions. AI is really good and you have to be soooo patient sometimes to sneak around. Love the fact you can plan your way around the enemy. Managed to sneak into base, got all the the way to the objective and pressed the wrong button on the controller, result 25 minutes of stealth then ended up with me dead!

Starting to getting used to the R&D bit as well. Still early doors, but now enjoying it

Comment

Is the base invasion MP aspect live?

Comment

the main game is great, but i always auto assign staff for the base stuff. Is there anything to actually do on the bases? I just seem to be running around empty spaces.

Comment

There will eventually be people you want to visit on the Base. Auto assign is fine but if you see a bit of equipment you can't make yet then you can reassign people so you have the right stats, make it and then auto assign back again.

Comment

I rushed a mission this morning and wasn't going to be able to do it in time before work so I just called in an airstrike lol

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      Is the base invasion MP aspect live?
                      Yep. It's annoying

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        Yep. It's annoying
                        Can you sidestep the whole FOB business entirely? I heard somewhere that there's an offline toggle in the menus?

Comment

Yeah you can just go offline or try and avoid building an FOB at all. I'm not really sure how it works, i got a notification once that someone was in my base, but generally it just says that I've lost a load of money and it's already happened

Comment

It's the dark souls mechanic basically.

Comment

Except people can still wreck your stuff even when you're not even online.
                              Last edited by Golgo; 15-09-2015, 16:07.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                Yep. It's annoying
                                I go offline as apparently can pull you out of a mission mid mission, with no easy to get back to the check point which is bonkers. Also iDroid used to take an age when connected to the Server not sure how it is now. Although FOB does seem a good way to earn lots of extra cash in game if needed to beef up Motherbase.

Comment

Working...
                                X