No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid V review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I experience the fob mp? Not seen it yet. Do I have to get some way into the game? Just finished Mission 11.

Comment

My game just crashed at the end of mission 16. Black screen. Have left it for 5 minutes. About to reboot. Hope it hasn't killed my save.
      Damn. Got to do 16 again
      Last edited by Brad; 15-09-2015, 21:32.

Comment

You guys are lucky. I can't even play my Metal Gear V on line. It won't even connect or download my Ground Zero data. Probably because I'm in Japan and my Xbox One is set to the UK. Still, at least nobody can ruin my Base.

Comment

Just started this - only prologue and first 2 missions - and I'm blown away by it. Controls are fabulous and the delivery of the story is perfect. Really like the cassette tape idea, as you can just chuck it on when you want, and they are acted really well with a good level of cheese and ham. Never having been a great fan of the lengthy exposition and CODEC interrupts of previous games, this feels like the perfect MGS game for me. The humour is also vintage Kojima, such as for example

Venom Snake being woken up to a nice pair of tits, then having to spend much of prologue staring up another man's arse crack.

What was the point of customizing your appearance in the prologue, though? I guess it's for when PVP comes out? If so, I'd wish I'd spent more time on it instead of plumping for a default.

Comment

You can edit your appearance later mate

Comment

Cool - need more manly scars.

Comment

There is one glaring error in MGV on the home screen it says "press the START button" PS4 doesn't have a START button! LOL

Comment

Mine says press the options button.

Comment

Mine says OPTION too, but I press X to continue. Pre order cancelled.

Comment

There's some great comedy to be had in this game. Loving the absurdity of calling in the chopper

with a selection of 80s hits blaring from the speakers to annoy the enemy. Also like holding people up by sticking posters onto cardboard boxes.

Pure slapstick, it's brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Mine says OPTION too, but I press X to continue. Pre order cancelled.
                        Maybe I was drunk, mine says Option!!!!!

Comment

Oh Hideo, you sneaky trickster. Always playing with the gamer's mind

Comment

Plugged the xbox back in last night and finished it today, did the final final mission, which was a bit crap to be honest.

It is worth noting that there is a point in the game where you lose access to a particular buddy , there is currently no way to get use age back , which is a pain if you wanted to go back and s rank some missions with that buddy.

Comment

Just gone back to this after a break and immediately kind of hit the same feelings I had as before. In terms of pure control this is easily the best MGS yet and the process of combat, sneaking, extraction etc plays well and is pretty problem free. In every other regard... it's really feeling like the weakest one by a massive margin. It's all so soulless so far. It's not just the absence of protracted cutscenes, there's no joy to the product. It does have an air about it like Kojima was making it very begrudgingly. The missions are very repetitive, the location is pretty at first but soon grows very old and is ultimately as barren a blank slate as any number of third party open world titles. I know there's a twist in the light story and I have a suspicion of what it might be, if I'm right it'll only add to the suspicion that Kojima phoned this one in.

Gar, it comes across as very negative but a lot of stems from the bar of the franchise. If I had to say whether it was a good game of not my gut tells me an instant yes. But it's one smothered in sterile wandering. It definitely doesn't come across as a long term development $80m project... it kind of makes me see a little of why Konami got so frustrated with the game and Kojima. I'm going to plug on as there's still a lot to do, it's definitely not tight on content, but it's going to have to change things up soon otherwise the other four entries and any GOTY prizes are quite safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                Just gone back to this after a break and immediately kind of hit the same feelings I had as before. In terms of pure control this is easily the best MGS yet and the process of combat, sneaking, extraction etc plays well and is pretty problem free. In every other regard... it's really feeling like the weakest one by a massive margin. It's all so soulless so far. It's not just the absence of protracted cutscenes, there's no joy to the product. It does have an air about it like Kojima was making it very begrudgingly. The missions are very repetitive, the location is pretty at first but soon grows very old and is ultimately as barren a blank slate as any number of third party open world titles. I know there's a twist in the light story and I have a suspicion of what it might be, if I'm right it'll only add to the suspicion that Kojima phoned this one in.

Gar, it comes across as very negative but a lot of stems from the bar of the franchise. If I had to say whether it was a good game of not my gut tells me an instant yes. But it's one smothered in sterile wandering. It definitely doesn't come across as a long term development $80m project... it kind of makes me see a little of why Konami got so frustrated with the game and Kojima. I'm going to plug on as there's still a lot to do, it's definitely not tight on content, but it's going to have to change things up soon otherwise the other four entries and any GOTY prizes are quite safe.
                                I actually believe Kojima was forced out of Konami because they wanted to westernise the game too much and took it away from his popular but somewhat self indulgent vision.

Comment

Working...
                                X