No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid V review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIce clickbaity article here about Quiet's tits if people fancy getting in a lather over them: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...kojima-ashamed

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
      It's a real life feature, just don't ask where the audio is coming from.

I dread to think, His blue balls perhaps?

Comment

i think this game is lovley. It looks amazing, it's bonkers insane and it lets me play missions like GRAW meets FarCry meets Crysis. It's GTA for strategy shooter collector looting XP fans. It's just aces. I was hoping this gen would allow this sort of Vision with HD smooth visuals and I'd rather have three games a year of this quality, as compared to endless tat. A joy to play.

Comment

Beat the game. Its very good and addicting. In terms of gameplay the best MG game yet.

But the story feels disjointed. There is something wrong with it. Its probably because a lot of it is non linear, you can get situations in which cutscenes don't make sense in the way they follow eachother up.

The mandatory twist is hilariously bad.

Comment

Playing the PC version and finally had the time to dedicate to the prologue. Runs super smooth.

If I had to stack the opening hour of the game up against the other 4 core entries it'd come fifth if I'm being honest, I found myself getting kind of bored by it. Won't go into spoilers or anything but it's effectively a super scripted, linear drawn out tutorial. Having such a heavy handed experience whilst trying to get used to the poorly handled Kiefer as Snake makes it a bit jarring. I'm rolling with it as MGS has always suffered from too much waffle padding but by series standards it felt like a somewhat weak start.

However, I'm interested to get into Chapter 1 as that's where the meat of the game clearly opens up to the player. Nothing so far to suggest a bad game but my hype red flag remains raised.

Comment

Having downloaded my GZ save file, appears to have corrupted my PP save file... when i try to load my save file just continues to forever stay on the loading screen (where it shows you tips), but its not frozen as i can view different tips. I've tried deleting the patch and reinstalling the game but no luck always get stuck when trying to load the save file. also tried both connected to the servers and offline mode but same result.

Only option i can see is deleting my 18hour save file and starting from scratch, but not sure i can be bothered to start all over again. anyone else experinced anything similar or have any ideas of a potential fix? i'm playing on x360 btw

Comment

This just gets better. I'm at a mission that realistically I probably can't do without a rocket launcher, which I don't have. So, my choices are to develop a rocket launcher or find a way to do it without. Tempted to go for the latter. Maybe find a tank somewhere plus some carefully placed c4. Not like other metal gear solid games at all buy in its own right it is fantastic. Apologies for all the gushing but expect more over the coming weeks!

Comment

Anybody played the online MP yet? It looked like a breath of fresh air compared to other military MP games

Comment

Multiplayer isn't switch on until October 6 on consoles and January 2016 for PC.

Comment

My 12 hours or so into the game have led me to think it's amazingly well made, but I suddenly feel a bit tired by it. A lot of the missions are similar and the only way to keep the motivation is to switch up how you tackle the missions. I don't have any compassion for any of the characters, more so the NPCs you're supposed to rescue every now and then. So why should I bother spending time going to get them?...

I think this all could be down the the type of player you are. If you don't have all that much time or will it might be a tough game to get through. You know you ought to listen to the tapes, read the motherbase stuff and micromanage it but meh.

Great game, but maybe 20 years too late for me.

Comment

Horses for courses! I've spent hours not even on a mission, just blowing stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Horses for courses! I've spent hours not even on a mission, just blowing stuff up.
                          Yeah I spent an hour or so running around with the rubber bullet smg - stunning peeps left right and centre and then stealing trucks and going for a drive ! Finally managed to tranc and fulton a bear! I been regularly visiting MB to see my little

pup, can't wait for him to grow up!

! Have only done maybe 4 main missions!

Comment

I'm taking out comms equipment so I have more drop sites to speed things up.

Question. Given that a number of missions require me to actually kill people am I wasting my time not killing normal troops? I may as well kill as many as I like no?

Comment

Absolutely the best game of 2015 so far and a real love affair has been lavished to deliver this. Will keep me entertained for months. This, Forza 6 and the mighty fallout 4. = 2015 done.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                I'm taking out comms equipment so I have more drop sites to speed things up.

Question. Given that a number of missions require me to actually kill people am I wasting my time not killing normal troops? I may as well kill as many as I like no?
                                You can kill as many as you like, but with each kill I think you lose some heroism, the lower the heroism, the fewer well statted staff will choose to volunteer and join you. If you've got a will stocked staff list, then killing a few isn't going to do you any long term harm. Sometimes it is just easier to kill someone with a silencer than tranq them.

Comment

Working...
                                X