No announcement yet.

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection - PS4 UK review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crushing doesn't bother me but I've read in a few places that Brutal is the weakest addition to the collection. For Platinum Trophy enthusiasts though only each games original trophies are required so thankfully Brutal remains an optional extra.

Comment

Also finding crushing bloody annoying. Haven't played any of these games before, played thought UC1 on Hard and loved every bit of it - some of it was challenging, some of it didn't feel very hard at all. Because of that, and because I'd like to try and get the trophies on them, I started UC2 on Crushing - spent ages on part of the fifth level today, with enemy wave after enemy wave eventually killing me every time. Managed to fluke through it in the end, but now wishing I'd played on Hard.

Comment

You can change the difficulty setting at any time, but just be aware that once you do you no longer get the trophy for that difficultly level. That pissed me off as I played through 90% of the game on crushing and changed to hard when I had had enough. I think I still deserve the crushing trophy.

Comment

Well finally finished UC3. Now have played all three right through in its new clothes and it has been great. Best HD package out there. Roll on UC4!

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
            You can change the difficulty setting at any time, but just be aware that once you do you no longer get the trophy for that difficultly level. That pissed me off as I played through 90% of the game on crushing and changed to hard when I had had enough. I think I still deserve the crushing trophy.
            It's tempting to do that, actually. Do you know if you if you unlock any of the difficulty related trophies if you change from, say, crushing to hard? i.e. would you unlock from hard downwards? Would be nice to get some trophy recognition from finishing the game!

Comment

Forgot how much fun these games were. Just started the first tonight and it's a tough one to switch off. I did find the aiming a little bit sluggish but a quick tweak to the sensitivity and it's spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDA View Post
                It's tempting to do that, actually. Do you know if you if you unlock any of the difficulty related trophies if you change from, say, crushing to hard? i.e. would you unlock from hard downwards? Would be nice to get some trophy recognition from finishing the game!
                So when I changed to hard from crushing right at the end of UC2 and UC3 the only trophies which unlocked were trophies upto hard. You get no trophy recognition for the difficulty level you would have played with, even if you played on that mode for say 99.9% of the game. It's pretty harsh.

But yes, if you finish it on lets say crushing, you would get all trophies unlocked from crushing to hard to normal to easy.
                Last edited by darkangel; 21-10-2015, 02:07.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
                  So when I changed to hard from crushing right at the end of UC2 and UC3 the only trophies which unlocked were trophies upto hard. You get no trophy recognition for the difficulty level you would have played with, even if you played on that mode for say 99.9% of the game. It's pretty harsh.

But yes, if you finish it on lets say crushing, you would get all trophies unlocked from crushing to hard to normal to easy.
                  Thanks for that, worth knowing in case i bottle out of crushing mode for UC2!! At least you get the trophies for the difficulty you end up beating the game on.

Comment

Your most welcome TonyDA!

So, for the people who have completed all three. What were your favourite stand out moments across all three games?

Spoiler tags essential here. I'll kick mine of

The last area of UC3, when Nathan is drugged and he imagines Sully getting killed... the first time I played it and before I Sully reappeared again alive I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was so upset and so angry I screamed at the TV out loud!

Also

The fallen train set piece at the start of UC2, incredible!

and

UC1: Near the end, when your locked in the tunnels running madly away from the monsters. Quite scary stuff!

Last edited by darkangel; 21-10-2015, 23:49.

Comment

I love the sudden jump in humour with UC2.

"There's a guy above you, there's a guy above you!...There's a guy below you, there's a guy below you."

"That's it, no more doughnuts for you."

Comment

Actually, with all my whinging about not being to handle crushing difficulty.....I should also state that I'm finding it impossible to tick off one of the few trophies I haven't won for UC1!

Steel Fist Expert - where you have to kill ten enemies in a row with a single punch after weakening them with gunfire - is doing my head in. I got to a point where I googled to see where I was going wrong, and just about every guide says 'start on chapter 12. Do it on easy, and there are loads of enemies...' That's true, but there seem to be a couple of gun toting enemies who don't get sufficiently weakened by one gun shot, so when I punch them, they don't die. Also, there are times when Drake doesn't seem to want to punch the bad guy, but slide under him and kick him to death, Street Figher style.

I mean, if I'm struggling with that in EASY, what chance do I stand with the whole game on crushing? 😀😀

BTW - cdkeys are currently selling the U.S. Download at ?29.99 plus a 5% discount if you like them on Facebook. That's less than ?10 a game!

Comment

Having played through all three, I am now replaying The Last Of Us to continue the Naught Dog journey.

The Uncharted package is superb and at the price of $29.99 mentioned above it is a steal.

Comment

Played through the first half of 1....enjoying it a lot more than I did on ps3. Enemies seem less bullet spongy, head shots are far easier too.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDA View Post
                              Actually, with all my whinging about not being to handle crushing difficulty.....I should also state that I'm finding it impossible to tick off one of the few trophies I haven't won for UC1!

Steel Fist Expert - where you have to kill ten enemies in a row with a single punch after weakening them with gunfire - is doing my head in. I got to a point where I googled to see where I was going wrong, and just about every guide says 'start on chapter 12. Do it on easy, and there are loads of enemies...' That's true, but there seem to be a couple of gun toting enemies who don't get sufficiently weakened by one gun shot, so when I punch them, they don't die. Also, there are times when Drake doesn't seem to want to punch the bad guy, but slide under him and kick him to death, Street Figher style.
                              The slide and punch to the balls is valid for that trophy bud, I think it's the rear choke that doesn't count. You see it mostly when you stealth behind someone and take 'em out but you can also accidently do it during fisticuffs if you get behind people. Also, all the vids/guides have been doing this on Very Easy from the original game right? So the 1 shot, 1 punch thing worked for them but for us Very Easy was replaced with Explorer difficulty (no trophies). So, Easy makes the enemies tougher and you'll probably be looking at shooting them twice. There's another trick I found in UC2, but it might work with UC1: the run and gun method. If you run at an enemy and fire off like 2 shots, or a quick burst with a main gun you can often just hit sqaure to finish them off when you get close. It's weird because quite often you can actually kill the badguy, but because the shots and then the melee come so close to each other you still get the finishing melee attack off even though you swear that the guy just died heh.

Comment

Cheers Adam!

Managed to do it second go last night. Actually, the guides I'd seen were from the remaster - on easy, it is one shot from the hip followed by a punch. Even squeezed in a couple of slides/testes slaps to boot!

Comment

Working...
                                X