No announcement yet.

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection - PS4 UK review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Near the end of Brutal UC2, it's starting to get on my nerves lol. The cheapness of it is the worst thing. The checkpoints are terrible too. There's one point on the train level where you have to snipe some dudes on top of the train, but somehow they all have ridiculous aim, so you die. Then the checkpoint loads you up with you and a single sniper further down the train that snipes you dead with 100% accuracy in about 2 seconds. So you have to constantly respawn and try take him out before he takes you out, BUT the worst thing is you can't even target him fast enough if the train happens to be turning, as it works against your own aim, It is literraly only doable when the train goes straight lol.

Comment

This is good stuff. Finished Fallout 4 and this was on sale on the PSN store... So I went for it and I'm about 60% through the first game already. It's good fun but it's a bit wonky and repetitive, which is alright. The presentation is great and solid, and the characters likable. Supposedly Uncharted 2 is the best one so can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
        This is good stuff. Finished Fallout 4 and this was on sale on the PSN store... So I went for it and I'm about 60% through the first game already. It's good fun but it's a bit wonky and repetitive, which is alright. The presentation is great and solid, and the characters likable. Supposedly Uncharted 2 is the best one so can't wait!
        UC1 has ridiculous amounts of enemies too. I think UC2 and UC3 are more balanced in this respect. Yes generally UC2 is thought of to be the best game, although UC3 has some great set pieces, that in some cases better some of the stuff in UC2.

Comment

Hmm... Yeah I started with UC2 last night and wasn't feeling it. I really liked with the enemies although they sort of lacked variety. So far I've come across one enemy and these guards I knock down in the palace.

Comment

UC2 gets better slow start in Palace/Jungle. When it gets to the streets it livens up a lot. I found Palace not too bad, the first jungle bit on UC2 is especially tedious, more so than I remember diffusion of bombs and men coming from everywhere.

Comment

I've never played any of these but decided to get this collection as I'm liking the look of Uncharted 4 and as I have OCD when it comes to games, I have to play any original games before getting any sequels.

I'm really impressed with the first game so far, it looks great! I'm sure the extra grunt of the PS4 helps but it looks and plays really well. I can't wait to play more but life gets in the way and I've heard even better things about the other 2.

Comment

I tried these on PS4 recently, I'm going to assume it's because I've completed all three on PS3 so often, but they just felt horrible to me. Just wrong in loads of ways, but I'm assuming it's due to my huge familiarity with the originals. Anyone else get that feeling or is it just me?

Comment

I felt this from day one tbh. Well, 2011/12 day one that I first played them. Too much momentum on Drake. Horrible bullet sponge enemies, terrible stealth and cover system.
                  This is compounded by the wonderful control and gameplay of The Last of Us that matches the quality of the cinematics.

Comment

Not what I meant at all, but you know that. I feel the same about the last of us on PS4, it just doesn't feel right to play in comparison to the PS3.

Comment

Ah, I didn't realise that. Browsing on a tiny mobile with a tiny font so missed your meaning. Well I still feel the above. Didn't have an issue with LoU on PS4 myself mind. Although it has AI issues. It played better.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        I tried these on PS4 recently, I'm going to assume it's because I've completed all three on PS3 so often, but they just felt horrible to me. Just wrong in loads of ways, but I'm assuming it's due to my huge familiarity with the originals. Anyone else get that feeling or is it just me?
                        Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        I felt this from day one tbh. Well, 2011/12 day one that I first played them. Too much momentum on Drake. Horrible bullet sponge enemies, terrible stealth and cover system.
                        This is compounded by the wonderful control and gameplay of The Last of Us that matches the quality of the cinematics.
                        As I said I never played the original so can't compare but to the new player it seems like a good package.

I'm right at the end of the first games now and looking forward to the next one. I enjoyed Drakes Fortune, decent pace to the game at times and just about right length, although I think there are too many shooting sections to the point where it gets a bit of a chore, but I thought that about The Last Of Us at times. The platform and puzzles are my favourite part.

Comment

I'm right at the end of the 3rd game now, I can't believe I've been playing these pretty much every night for a month. The 3rd games is by far my favourite. I love the locations you visit, London was a nice surprise and the desert is a nice relaxing part before the huge battle scene.

The plane scene is the definitive moment in the whole series for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X