Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAST Racing Neo. Wii U. review

Out on on Wii U, a bargain ?10.99.

HD racing with 16 tracks and three speed classes. Only played the first cup so far but I'm very impressed.

Lovely and smooth visuals although it does suffer with aliasing but has good art and varied circuits. It handles similar to F-Zero and looks like a mix between GX and Wipeout HD and is very responsive.

Anyone getting it?
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I'll be in there with you when it drops here.

edit:
    Didn't realise it was out today, downloading as we speak.
    Last edited by kryss; 10-12-2015, 17:43.

Comment

Doesn't look like it'll match the precision and technique of F-Zero GX but given the amazing visuals, the intense speed and the bargain price I'll be getting it downloaded ASAP

Comment

60fps?

Comment

60 beautiful frames per second. I counted every one.

Comment

Downloading it right now, the US shop had it later than the EU one. And while the WiiU downloads, let's start Xenoblade.

Comment

It's 530mb! Shouldn't take long!

Comment

This is very good. I've never played F-Zero so I don't really give a **** about those particular comparisons, this is just a really cool game in its own right. The boost switching is great. Controller mapping is crap but I'm used to that on Wii U now.

No idea how it's so small. Magic?

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                  This is very good. I've never played F-Zero so I don't really give a **** about those particular comparisons, this is just a really cool game in its own right. The boost switching is great. Controller mapping is crap but I'm used to that on Wii U now.

No idea how it's so small. Magic?
                  Not really, what takes a lot in modern games are pre-rendered cutscenes and voice acting, especially if multichannel. For a fast game you want to keep models and textures within a certain level of detail, which also decreases filesize.

Comment

And they fact it's on a system with limited memory so they tried a bit harder?

Anyway, this is fantastic. It's fast, challenging, fun and looks great. I'm still on the slowest speed and that's good enough!

Comment

Took me a second to realise I had to change the phase of my vehicle, a la Ikaruga.
                      Not as uselessly floaty as WipeOut, but not as heavy as F-Zero GX.
                      I look forward to playing through and unlocking all the vehicles.

Comment

Uselessly floaty as Wipeout? Wut?

Comment

After years of F-Zero I couldn't finish a race on WipeOut HD or Vita, I can't comment on the other games.
                          FAST Racing NEO doesn't feel floaty.

Comment

That's becasue Wipeout is the only proper anti gravity game, you big softy! 😁

Comment

It definitely handles more like Wipeout than F-Zero, only with the weapons being replaced by speed. I'm not too keen on the Ikaruga style switching, either. It's more a distraction to the actual race more than anything else I'm finding. After learning the boost pad positioning, which takes around two laps, it's a hindrance.

Everything else seems solid, but it's going to take more than this to pull me away from Dariusburst now!
                              Last edited by dataDave; 11-12-2015, 01:50.

Comment

Working...
                              X