No announcement yet.

Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours (Steam/PS4/PSVita) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it on the steam sale yesterday myself. Bit of a rash purchase as I wasn't a huge fan of Darius Gaiden, the only Daruiys game I've played, but will give it a blast tomorrow when I get time.

Comment

Got this off the Canadian PS store worked out at ?29

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
        But I bought it and will put some time into it
        So why keep arguing it is a poor value proposition?

Everyone else appears to be having a blast!

Comment

I've since abandoned it thanks to discovering Crimzon Clover. I'll come back though.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            So why keep arguing it is a poor value proposition?

Everyone else appears to be having a blast!
            Two posts is 'keep arguing' god this place is getting so dramatic

No digital game is worth ?50 in my opinion

Oh my god 3 posts now - jeso

Oh and I gave it an 8 so it shows it is a good game but not worth ?50

Just in case you missed it

Comment

That's a pretty silly retort, you jumped down Daryl's throat when he suggested anything else.

Comment

To each their own, but given the amount of content, it's way more value for money than anything else on PS4, and PS3, PS2, PS1 and PSP for that matter.

Then I also don't understand why digital games should be cheaper than physical ones. In today's world you can easily see if a game is for you or not long before you buy it, so it's not like you're going in blind and possibly wasting your money. I don't sell games, so the resale factor is a moot point to me. A game is a game, regardless of how you play it. I go digital whenever I can. Who wants boxes cluttering up the place. It's not 1995. My music is digital, my films are digital, so why not my games? It saves me having to go to a store or waiting for the postman to deliver it.

The ONLY physical games I buy are CERO-Z, because I have no way of buying them digitally. Hence I own two physical games.
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 02-01-2016, 12:28.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Aye you are right Daryl each to their own

As for jumping down his throat I don't feel I did, I answered every thing he said in his post to why it certainly wouldn't last a lifetime and how variations can be seen in other games because generally games have variations so it's not always played the same

It would be interesting to see a poll of how many people actually paid full UK price for it or took advantage of a sale, bought cheap credit or bought it on another PSN store because it was cheaper especially the Canadian store, like I'm saying it's not a bad game at all it's just priced too highly for what it actually is and that's a 4-5 year old shooter with bolt ons

Let's be honest like many other games it's just a re-hash of every other Darius shooter with new ideas - I'm sure the first boss on easy is pretty much the as every other game just with a slight variation of the name (King fossil or iron fossil), Reading wiki there are only really 5 new bosses in this game

But I'm sure the first full page of this thread is people talking about the price and not the actual game

Comment

I've gone digital only lately. I wish I started with the purchase of my WiiU though. All my inserts and manuals are wrinkling up because of the humidity. Also, we're moving back soon and shipping charges are going to be extortionate.

I'm going to have to sell everything and then re-buy digitally at a later date. It's a huge arse as used sales aren't a thing here, so my stuff might be up for sale for months before I find a buyer.

Comment

I bought this for the PS4 on release day from the US PSN store at full price and hadn't touched it much. PSN is offline (AGAIN!) tonight so thought I'd have a go, and after an hour or so can only agree with those championing it. This is easily the best Darius since the first arcade game for me. There's a lot of attention to detail with the attack waves and the boss patterns. It feels a lot more balanced than some of the sequels and has a great retro atmosphere. The soundtrack is incredible. Definitely needs to be played on a big screen with either a decent sound system or good quality headphones. I haven't even read-up on the scoring yet.

Comment

I put a manual in the first post.

Comment

Regardless of the digital/cost chat it's great to see people engaging well with a new entry to a classic franchise like Darius in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            I want it on PS4 so I can play on big TV. Also I want to use an arcade stick (if that even makes sense for this game?) but need to know if a PS3 HRAP3 will work with this game on PS4.
                            Did you ever try this? I'm far better at shumps when playing with a stick, but a dedicated PS4 stick costs a bit more than I should be spending right now! I tried Jamestown with the pad and just kept dying in places I'm sure I would've survived with a stick.

Comment

PM what you're selling.

Comment

This title has been subjected to a site "Super Review". Can anyone who is putting good time into it PM me please. I am eager to hear from you.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X