No announcement yet.

Street Fighter II Anniversary Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I'm sooo looking forward to this and I can't wait to get the Special Edition version from PA...
    I can't wait to see the combos on the DVD but I'm not sure if this will be exactly the same as a recent Street Fighter SAGA DVD that was released in Japan that also had loads of combos too.
    Also hoping that the book has got some decent Capcom artwork too.

And to rub it in once more, yeah Marcus, where did you get your copy from soooooo soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Molloy
      The DC already has a fantastic port and nice arcade sticks to play them on. This release feels so unnecessary.
      Apart from one important aspect. RGB support. That really let the DC version down and whilst it was patchable I could never find/be bothered with that. This is perfect.

The game looks pin sharp and from my admittedly short playtest so far looks to be a flawless conversion although more time will be needed to find any disrepancies.

Square, this isn't five games. Like you say it's Vampire Chronicle for Street Fighter 2 basically. However, I don't think the central concept of different versions of characters facing off against each other is going to work as well here. The picking a Vampire Hunter character and facing a Vampire Savior 2 character in VC felt like a worthy choice as the differences were quite distinct in some cases and neither seemed stronger. However, the type choices for SF2 just seem to be a way of looking at how the fighters have progressed over the games and offer no real advantage over the Super X incarnation. Certainly I picked Turbo Ryu and he just seemed incredibly limited. However, like I said, I need to spend a good deal more time with this to decide for certain.

But, I would probably recommend this version over the DC one if only for the RGB factor.

The extras in the LE box are nice as well.

Comment

Ordered mine yesterday frm NCSX, does anyone know if Gouki (Akuma) is in it cus i'm quite interested to know n have not heard anything? He was in the game i saw n played in Japan i think it was Super X or something it seemed to be in like the highest Turbo possible. This is gonna b classic Street Fighter that's all i'm expecting but that's whatmakes it special n playin mates is gonna b so much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JU!
          Ordered mine yesterday frm NCSX, does anyone know if Gouki (Akuma) is in it cus i'm quite interested to know n have not heard anything? He was in the game i saw n played in Japan i think it was Super X or something it seemed to be in like the highest Turbo possible. This is gonna b classic Street Fighter that's all i'm expecting but that's whatmakes it special n playin mates is gonna b so much fun.
          Gouki's movelist is in the manual so I guess he's hidden away somewhere.

Comment

Just been thinking... Will this Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary Edition contain all three versions of Gouki that was in the Dreamcast version of Super Street Fighter II X?

In case you was wondering, thru intense playing the DC version without losing a round and beating Gouki with all the characters and the super version of all the characters as well, you could unlock the Gouki to play with the double air fireballs like the one you fought against at the end and also another special Gouki with double air fireballs and he also had a super move meter for his fire cracker move!

Comment

Received mine today, and OMG the box is huge!

Comment

Yashiro, got any pics mate?
                I can't wait for mine to come!

Comment

I'll post some pics of the set in a moment...

Comment

Wicked thanks!

Comment

I know in two player you can mix all the characters up, but can you play a normal version of SSF2X in single player as it was in the arcade?

(please say yes)

Comment

Here you go...

The Box

The Contents

Comment

Originally posted by spoiler
                          anyone know if the sf manga on the disc works on normal dvd players

Comment

Originally posted by ince
                            players
                            Originally posted by spoiler
                            anyone know if the sf manga on the disc works on normal dvd
                            Nope it's in the Gallery Mode which can only be loaded in game.

No subtitles either.

Comment

Originally posted by razu
                              I know in two player you can mix all the characters up, but can you play a normal version of SSF2X in single player as it was in the arcade?

(please say yes)
                              Sort of.

The Arcade Mode seems to be straight SSF2X. The CPU opponents are always the Super X version of the characters, so if you play as the Super X version of your character it is essentially SSF2X.

Comment

Woo hoo!!!!

I was buying this so I didn't have to set the ps1 up for a go on SSF2X. I earn +1 quality of life!!

Comment

Working...
                                X