Street Fighter II Anniversary Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn that looks nice Bleeders matey.

Hopefully mine should be here tomorrow since you already have yours.

Comment

It sure does.

Yeah, had a good turn-around with PA on this one. Was shipped on the Monday, arrived yesterday morning.

Comment

Spent a bit more time with this now, and the potential of using older characters against newer ones is there for exploiting.

Some cool little touches are included when choosing different versions that show that Capcom have put some effort into this. Choosing the Dash version of Ryu will give you the character portrait from that version. Similarly the sound effects that register different hits vary from versio to version to match up with the original game they were from. A nice little touch.

Phillai - I really don't think Shin or Ten Gouki are included in this. In fact I don't think there are any unlockables at all. From what I can tell, there isn't even an option to save anywhere in the game so unless they expect you to clear the game 16 (or potentially 32+) times in one sitting, the likelihood of extra Gouki's is slim.

Comment

That looks lovely - can't wait for mine to arrive.

What's the combo DVD like? Informative? Fluff?

Comment

Wow, thanks for posting those images. It looks lovely.

Hmmm... wonder if I shoud cancel my request for an XBox and replace it with this for a chrimbo pressie from the missus

Comment

If your a big fan of the SF series, I would.

Comment

I'm expecting my boxset to turn up tomorrow, can't wait

Shame there isn't the option to play 5 distinct versions of the game as I was hoping, but after Vampire Chronicle I was kinda expecting not being able to.

Seems like a slightly pointless purchase then as I have the DC version of SSF2X, but original Ryu and Ken will certainly be making regular appearances is versus mode

Comment

Any word on a PAL release, or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

Comment

Originally posted by IcePak
                    The game? Most probably.

The boxset? Not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                      Phillai - I really don't think Shin or Ten Gouki are included in this. In fact I don't think there are any unlockables at all. From what I can tell, there isn't even an option to save anywhere in the game so unless they expect you to clear the game 16 (or potentially 32+) times in one sitting, the likelihood of extra Gouki's is slim.
                      Shame that...

Still as a massive Street Fighter fan there was no way I was gonna miss out on this purchase especially the limited edition one!

Comment

Originally posted by IcePak

any word on a ltd edition usa set so i can understand it all. the extras that is

Comment

Played this to death today and if you ask me,the 3DO version of Super Street Fighter 2 X Grand Master Challenge is still the ultimate version reigning supreme.

The graphics in the 3do version are better too,they have a more crisper feel to them,more rugged and although the scrolling is poor on the 3do version the overall graphics are superior in my opinion of course.

I have always said the 3do version of the game is the best full stop,it plays the closest to the arcade version and is the best in multiplayer.The Dreamcast version is superb but it does not have the feel of the excellent 3do version.Please believe me,if you are a SF2 fan and do not have a 3do and SSF2XGMC,you are robbing yourself of the ultimate streetfighter experience.Get a Sanyo TRY 3DO and a jap copy of the game.

Comment

Grrr...
                            I disagree! DC version is the best ever!

Comment

Just been and ordered this now, I'm gonna be bankrupt at Christmas thanks to this thread. I think I'll be getting one of the SNK vs Capcom arcade sticks in a few days to go with

Comment

Lovely set - nicely presented with a quality feel about it.

Just watched some of the DVD - nice inclusion of someone 1-lifeing Final Fight on there I thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X