No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently Lv 50, Lv 10 for Ken, and about 800 LP and Bronze.

I've also noticed my rank doesn't increase from the default 37k rank one.
    Last edited by Supergoal; 17-02-2016, 12:43.

Comment

I played it for a bit but then did a Steam refund, was having issues connecting to servers and constant resetting of progress just grinded my gears a bit.

The story mode was odd as obviously there was some effort with voice acting and art (though i really did not like the art) but it was half backed and first when i did Ryu's i thought was that it ? and while a proper story mode is coming i felt like it would not have taken much to make what was there a lot better.

Loved the stage interactions in the first stage like knocking down a wall or smashing the opponent into the bus at the end of the round and i really wish more stages did that.

That gameplay is sound though have heard a few really high level players saying it is a bit to beginner friendly at the expense of the higher end play.

But i plan to wait now until it is more complete

Comment

OK I smashed in 7 hours straight today.

My opinions thus far.

It looks pretty. The music is better than usual SF games and the presentation sort of reminds me of Cap Vs SNK 2 which is good. The game definitely feels like it's been made for Esports in mind too. Flashy, colourful and action. After the servers got reset I got a lot of fights in ranked mode with hardly any lag.

The core gameplay is throwing me off a bit. I can't seem to connect combos and moves like I did in SF4. Of course it's a new game but I thought it would have some similar elements. I've been using Ken and he's wildly a different character than Sf4. You definitely die a lot quicker if you mess up. I heard some people say it's been dumbed down for a wider audience and I kind of agree so far. You can juggle and get juggled a lot more in this than SF4 too.

Still, I feel I want one more match and that something keeps pulling me in.

If you like Street Fighter it's a no brainer to get this one. They've left a lot out but like SF4 it came in instalments.

Comment

Downloaded it last night only played a few online matches and a some of the story games

i really need need the challenge mode for me to get my head round moves and how stuff work
          I do like the new characters that have been added,so far am trying to learn Laura

Comment

This is such BS. I can't log onto severs at all. I managed to once this morning, had a very laggy, game breaking game, then booted out to title screen. I haven't been able to log back on since. Not a great start to say the least. Not happy.

Comment

Man i really, really dislike chun-li v-ism bollocks, just getting spammed with quick double normals(mainly the crouching double slap which moves you forward) with double hits for a lovely 4hit spam over and over, chips your HP away through the block, and its super hard to counter as all they need is 1 hit on your block to spam it over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                Man i really, really dislike chun-li v-ism bollocks, just getting spammed with quick double normals(mainly the crouching double slap which moves you forward) with double hits for a lovely 4hit spam over and over, chips your HP away through the block, and its super hard to counter as all they need is 1 hit on your block to spam it over and over.
                I was going to add about that too. Some things seem really hard to avoid. Maybe because we're new to it or the game is as like SF4 vanilla unbalanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                  I was going to add about that too. Some things seem really hard to avoid. Maybe because we're new to it or the game is as like SF4 vanilla unbalanced.
                  There certainly will be balance issues. That being said, Vanilla SFIV was still much better in terms of balance than some fighters.

Comment

Really struggling to get matches online, the wait can be like 10 minutes, it's really not worth it. I end up going back to survival mode but honestly that's driving me nuts as it's so easy and 99% of fights on normal can be won by just hitting hard kick. The AI seems really flawed even on Hard, and i love me some survival but 50 wins on hard and 100 on hell is just mind numbingly boring.

They need to add content quick, they need to add an arcade mode ( how this isn't there amazes me ) and get the challenges up and running.

If anyone wants to add me for some lamer casual matches PSN = NeoD

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                      Really struggling to get matches online, the wait can be like 10 minutes, it's really not worth it. I end up going back to survival mode but honestly that's driving me nuts as it's so easy and 99% of fights on normal can be won by just hitting hard kick. The AI seems really flawed even on Hard, and i love me some survival but 50 wins on hard and 100 on hell is just mind numbingly boring.

They need to add content quick, they need to add an arcade mode ( how this isn't there amazes me ) and get the challenges up and running.

If anyone wants to add me for some lamer casual matches PSN = NeoD
                      I don't know your local region in the game but I'm finding matches every minute since the server reset yesterday. Could be still local issues for some regions but surely there would be tons of people complaining if that was true. Have you set auto invite on for both casual and ranked matches?

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                        I don't know your local region in the game but I'm finding matches every minute since the server reset yesterday. Could be still local issues for some regions but surely there would be tons of people complaining if that was true. Have you set auto invite on for both casual and ranked matches?
                        There's another factor to this which people don't talk about, which was mirrored for SFIV and even stuff like DOA4.

Fighters need particularly stable, low-latency connections. You can get by on something like Battlefront with a significantly worse connection, so for many people their first online fighting game is where they discover their connection "isn't all that". Either they fix it, or they just give up and go away.

This collective realisation takes a few weeks, so you'll find things will just get better as people with crap connections stop trying to play the game.

Comment

There's a need for some updates, I was playing Survival last night and at one point I started a Strong Hurricane Kick next to Birdie and instead of connecting on impact Birdie simply slid along the screen without blocking as the Ryu's move travelled. Seems a very sloppy glitch if an entire moves connect doesn't register even if it's a rare occurance.

Comment

I was 28 matches in on Survival on normal, 30 to unlock the colour, server dropped and kicked me oout back to main menu.

PS button held, straight into rest mode, stick put down. **** it. **** it all.

Comment

Don't worry, the worst part is when you get to Bison at stage 30, and he completely BODIES you as the difficultly increases and he starts reading your inputs.

Comment

Just ordered this. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. I'm interested to know who you guys think you will be your main characters?

Oh, has anybody tried their FightPad on PS4?

Comment

Working...
                                X