No announcement yet.

Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just gone back to this for the first time in a LONG time. Last DLC I bought was Forsaken. What can I actually do in the game now, without spending a mega wad of cash on it?

Comment

All destination patrols

Strikes playlist

Nightfall (If its a f2p strike)

Crucible playllist

Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris (pvp, whenver they are up)

Gambit

Prophecy Dungeon (Raid-lite for 3man)

Vault of Glass.

They really need a model that doesn't discourage you from playing again if you have missed a dlc as at present you really shouldn't be locked out of anything if your dropping £40 on the latest DLC, you certainly shouldn't be expected to pay another 40-60 to pick up content that nobody's actively engaging in anymore too.

It feels like the Games been going to long and really needs a hard reboot as keeping up with everything you need to have 100% acess to everything is getting to be to much effort for a lot of players, you really shouldnt have to consult a spreadsheet to discover what you can and cant do in the game, I dont think it helps that they have pushed themselves into a model where they are making a new 6 man activity every season as they all feel the same now.

Comment

So if I buy the Legacy Collection and Witch Queen that will get me up to date?

Comment

Kind of bums me that Bungie has had the level of success they've had with Destiny 2. The game plays great and I miss the experience but having wrung it out so much it leaves me feeling doubtful they will learn the lessons they should from D1 and D2 to get things spot on with Destiny 3.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
            So if I buy the Legacy Collection and Witch Queen that will get me up to date?
            Yes the camping is decent on this lots of stuff to do in it too and some good weapons and Armour to collect in the legacy stuff. looks like its all on sale at the moment on PS4/5

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Kind of bums me that Bungie has had the level of success they've had with Destiny 2. The game plays great and I miss the experience but having wrung it out so much it leaves me feeling doubtful they will learn the lessons they should from D1 and D2 to get things spot on with Destiny 3.
            It's massively in need of a reboot now the season model is dead on its arse, they are stuck in a loop of putting one new six man activity in each season which is the same thing over and over but reskinned. and drip feeding story over a two and a bit month long period meaning you have to play it in bits and it looses all impact.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 21-12-2022, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              Yes the camping is decent on this lots of stuff to do in it too and some good weapons and Armour to collect in the legacy stuff. looks like its all on sale at the moment on PS4/5
              Still £33 total though!

Comment

For Destiny 3 I'd largely just like them to have a base experience that is probably a little more MMORPG like, where the areas remain throughout the life of the game and they add seasonal content like new campaigns, missions, strikes, maps and areas for free to expand the experience. They can monetise on customisables etc all they want but it should always be a game that you can stick with or drop in/out of, or come into at Year 3 or 4 as a newcomer and get the same experience out of it. It plays so damned well and that first 12 months is great but as soon as they start gating expansions, cutting the legs from under new players and then removing content it just falls apart unless you are all in constantly. A rare example of a game I really like but can't wait for them to announce support is ending.

Comment

The removal of content was the final straw for me really on this, hey thanks for all your time, that's being deleted now, what's the point attempting any progress at all in a game like that?

Hopefully now its part of Sony studios bungle get some attention from Sony's 1st party studios on the sequels direction and user experience for long term play, because bungle have never once nailed that side really.

It still has the best gunplay of any fps still by far though.

What's everyone's experience with the beyond light & witch queen expansions?
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 18-02-2023, 09:52.

Comment

I’ll buy Lightfall and put time into that and maybe the first season, I always enjoyed going in with a new expansion and new story/area and The Witch Queen was VERY good on all accounts, so Lightfall is gonna have to be a good follow up to that.

This years season I’ve not played one of them through, their storytelling through the seasons though has got so much better, with an actual overall story being told throughout the year/seasons which fully lead into new expansions. We’ve got Lightfall in February, then next year will be the conclusion to destiny 2 saga, I think they will wrap it up fully after that game.

The schedule is.
                    The Witch Queen 2022 (4 seasons over year)
                    Lightfall in 2023 (4 seasons over year)
                    The Final Shape 2024 (4 seasons over year)

Comment

Played a bit of this seasons content and its all reused assets so far, even the cut scene at the start of the season is 90% reused assets, their seems to be a lot less going on with this one and a really simple loop of fight enemys in a old mars bunker location to retrieve backups of the war-mind. and then complete a weekly story mission in a bunker, with constant trips back to your base to pick up new exposition and tasks from talking heads.

It all feels very B Team Like the people at bungie are working on other things most likely the new DLC that's due at the end of February, one good thing is it gives me the opportunity to catch up on the previous story dlc. A lot of this seasons tasks seem to be go play something else so you can get enough materials to open a chest in the seasonal activity. Not done the Dungeon yet but I've seen that it reuses bosses form the Garden Raid old areas and old mechanics for its puzzles, so no new content their either.

It really feels like the game needs a reboot now as theirs too many conflicting systems, and so much to get your head around theirs a million ways to customize everything but no real way to save setups for different activities, you have mods that only work on your arms, mods that only work on your chest peace, mods that only work on your, helm, and mods that only work on your class item, and then on top of that another layer of complexity in that older Armour wont take certain mods and conflicts like raid mods only working on raid Armour. they have even added mods to the supers so you can set them up in very specific ways, again no way to save set ups so you have to change them depending on what your doing.

On top of this they have weapon mods for each weapon class, weapon crafting, that requires you to find five specific versions of a weapon before you can make your own. A seasonal artifact that you can plow power into and raises your level up to whatever you want depending on how much time you put in, (with its own set of mods that unlock through the season). This to me is the biggest f u from bungie as the mods and all the progress is reset at the beginning of the season, so if you want to do high level activities you need to grind your artifact back up to level 100+ as the power level is set to take your artifact power into account. Its like they took grinding out levels away and put it into a system that resets every couple of months and is far more time consuming than the old system.
                      Last edited by Lebowski; 13-01-2023, 09:23.

Comment

Downloaded this last week in anticipation for Lightfall, even for someone that used to play every day this has become a right mess of what can/can’t i do. Luckily the Beyond Light expansion is currently free for ps+ users so that was a nice bonus, seems like a good expansion so im currently going through the campaign missions.

Comment

I wonder story wise what the game is like now ....with so much stuff being removed it must be so disjointed

Comment

I couldn’t make head nor tail of the story whole after stopping at Shadowkeep expansion, its a completely different game now it seems. Thats without all the stuff that’s happened in the individual seasons each year.

Playing through Beyond Light and its a good expansion so far.

Comment

You get big story beats with the big content drops, and you can play them all through at your own pace. you get smaller story content attached to each season pass and this plays out over the course of a couple of months with one new story missions each week on reset. I started the season late and did about 4 weeks worth of content in an eve and it was much more enjoyable and a lot less disjointed.

This seasons story is based around Rasputin with you revisiting Rasputin's bunkers to find and rebuild His network, and to stop it falling into enemy hands. I really enjoyed this seasons story, rasputain being this ancient Russian AI that your never quite sure about is one of the better character in the game, it being in charge of a massive network of extremely powerful tech and weapons made for some really interesting content.

Comment

Completed the Beyond Light campaign last night, Stasis was a massive waste for the campaign itself and was only used in certain story beats, they really should of worked it in straight from the off as it just feels like a throw away gimmick now rather than a fun new toy to play with.

Other than that it was a good story expansion that fits all its threads in nicely into the whole, I haven't explored Europa at all really either and like the changing weather patterns, really nice touch.

Playing on PS5 as well running at a flawless 60fps is such a breath of fresh air as well, smooth as butter.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-02-2023, 09:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X