No announcement yet.

Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a fire team finder built into the game now so finding teams is easier than ever. Though I finally quit soon after it launched. 3.5k hours was enough for me in the end 🤣

Comment

Comment

Shock of shocks, it wasn’t a technical limitation at all and basically just a fun nerf for people that stuck to their favourites. Shock face.

Comment

The final shape, said i wouldn't do it then went and did it, picked up just the dlc and not the extra 3 content season passes as Im not sure how much they can do once the main campaign is done.

Hearing it takes about 8 hours to do all the new story content but then theirs the new raid, New areas to explore and a mass of new content to eat up. For your ÂŁ40 that should keep you busy for a while, the new area to explore is lovely looking and falls back on what made the game great, epic sky boxes loads of stuff to shoot and loads of new guns skills and armour to collect.

Enjoying it so far and will be nice to see how this story all comes to an end. it was a bit of **** show last night getting in took me about an hour, things working well today though so looks like the usual launch day queues which means a lot of people must be playing it which is good for sony and Bungie.

Comment

I’ll just wait for it to go free on PSN plus.

Comment

Am so tempted to try this again as I have some of the freebies from PS+. Maybe after season 7 of BF ends I'll give it a go.

Comment

After buying the prior DLC and jumping back in only to feel that without being on 'the journey' the experience now felt pretty hollow I'm not going to get this one. If Bungie are working on a third game I'm really hoping that there's a ground up rethink of the way they go about long term supporting the series. Ideally something based on frequent, persistent content drops rather than large DLC's. It's just not enjoyable enough to step away from and then return to which is a shame as the core gameplay is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  After buying the prior DLC and jumping back in only to feel that without being on 'the journey' the experience now felt pretty hollow I'm not going to get this one. If Bungie are working on a third game I'm really hoping that there's a ground up rethink of the way they go about long term supporting the series. Ideally something based on frequent, persistent content drops rather than large DLC's. It's just not enjoyable enough to step away from and then return to which is a shame as the core gameplay is great.
                  Bungie build up large scale hype, not really large scale dlc’s. £40 is asking a lot for 1 new area (has this got a new area?) then half arsed rehash 900step exotic quests in old areas. Then money for the seasons.

Then they break stuff or remove it, only to be never fixed or seen again.

Nope.

Comment

They need to take some Helldivers inspiration, with Destiny it feels like they're breaking it trying to make a live service game out of a Borderlands experience and need to pick a lane

Comment

They’ve been running the best long con ever.

Heres some magical new content that’s going to fix everything, we hear you! (It comes out and nothings fixed and new stuff is stingy as hell)

We hear you people it’s in the pipeline to fix! (Year were never fixing that)

Oh you like that new gun or power do you? (Que nerf just as you did the quest to earn it)

Oh your having fun with that are you? (Double nerf)

Oh you all REALLY liked that story tit bit in the lore we added?, no problem, we will base an in game story around it, make it completely pointless and ruin what you enjoyed about the lore because we can’t write for Jack, enjoy!

Death by 1000 cuts to your player base, but don’t worry, “they hear you”.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        They’ve been running the best long con ever.

Heres some magical new content that’s going to fix everything, we hear you! (It comes out and nothings fixed and new stuff is stingy as hell)

We hear you people it’s in the pipeline to fix! (Year were never fixing that)

Oh you like that new gun or power do you? (Que nerf just as you did the quest to earn it)

Oh your having fun with that are you? (Double nerf)

Oh you all REALLY liked that story tit bit in the lore we added?, no problem, we will base an in game story around it, make it completely pointless and ruin what you enjoyed about the lore because we can’t write for Jack, enjoy!

Death by 1000 cuts to your player base, but don’t worry, “they hear you”.
                        Yes theirs a New landing zone so a massive new map to explore, it's also full of new enemies and loot and all sorts of new stuff to do. The DLC is ÂŁ40 but ÂŁ10 is the season pass so your getting the benefit of that too and all the loot it offers. It's pretty epic so far and if your not up to date with the story theirs an opening that brings you up to speed on where you are in the world and whats happened. I've spent two evenings so far playing, and I'm really enjoying it its not reinventing the wheel but it's a new massive open world area to explore that has callbacks to the last ten years of destiny content, its big budget, has an excellent voice cast and looks amazing. It's still got some of the best shooting mechanics of any game in this genre and after spending two evenings with it, I'm loving the new location and the new story so far.

Comment

Just been reading around and it doesn't seem like The Final Shape has landed that amazingly either. Given Sony has no FPS option I'd be all in on them making Destiny their own Borderlandsesque series. Keep the PVP, Co-Op and Raids but strip the ambition back down to the original concept of the series. New MP maps, Raids, skins etc can monetise the GAAS elements they love so much but normal players can just solo it and 2-3 expansions or co-op with mates/randoms... basically how the game was when it launched.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Just been reading around and it doesn't seem like The Final Shape has landed that amazingly either. Given Sony has no FPS option I'd be all in on them making Destiny their own Borderlandsesque series. Keep the PVP, Co-Op and Raids but strip the ambition back down to the original concept of the series. New MP maps, Raids, skins etc can monetise the GAAS elements they love so much but normal players can just solo it and 2-3 expansions or co-op with mates/randoms... basically how the game was when it launched.
                            Destiny is still in the top ten on Steam, (no 6 for players online now) so not sure how you're saying it hasn't landed well? Their servers were getting absolutely hammered too, that many people trying to play it, it took me an hour to get in on Tuesday.

An ongoing analysis of Steam's player numbers, seeing what's been played the most.

Comment

The server issues might have played into it, lord knows PC gamers are quick to review bomb

Comment

lol Steam reviews, theirs no middle ground

Mostly positive

or

The worst thing since Hitler

Comment

Working...
                                X