No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m up for some hunts tonight chaps. I’m having trouble soloing a Diablos.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. You guy would be still fighting if it wasn't for my lethal final blows.

Sorry @fuse you should have said.
      Ah yeah, my bad. It was Fuse sharpening his sword instead of fighting. Your catapault of doom bested the beast.

Originally posted by nonny View Post
      Only real issue I've had with the game on Xbox is it I end my game and don't quit the console can't resume and keep connection to the online servers so you either need to exit fully and restart the game or just play offline.
      Don't quote me on this, but I think if you're playing on your own, you can continue where you left off.
      It's when you're online it gets fussy.
      I think.

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      I’m up for some hunts tonight chaps. I’m having trouble soloing a Diablos.
      I find that hard to believe, but I don't think we'll be much use. It's Tobal you want on your side!

Comment

Regarding Zorah alpha/beta armour, beta has slots, alpha has more attributes. Mix and match it up as you like. The greives add extra sharpness or capacity btw.

Comment

Thanks for the help [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION]. Am I far away from the endgame? Is there a G-Rank?
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That panel in the equipment customization screen, between the unlock trees on left and the stats details on right, that's blank and says 'under construction'... What's that about?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              That panel in the equipment customization screen, between the unlock trees on left and the stats details on right, that's blank and says 'under construction'... What's that about?
              You mean the required materials? In the smithy you mean?
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Opens up with expanded trees to upgrade weapons further and high rank armour the further you progress story mode.

If anyone wants to co-op just shoot me psn message, as im likely messing around or joining in with another failed elderdragon SOS... so close to my eyepatch. No sure what happens after your beat high rank story mode(still a few kills away i think) but i'd assume it something to do with the "real" hunter rank i see of people in there 30-40's.

Also love the bandit cape, makes any monster drop sellable only items from normal damage (glow gold on the floor) which can fetch between 1 to 5k, which is good because upgrades and later forges are not cheap.

Comment

Is reward money shared between a team? I needed 9000z, I did the Rathian*6, but I didn’t get the 9000z it said I would.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yup, the remainder after faints is divided equally.

Comment

This game is marvellous. I'm so far behind you guys though that's it's pathetic - still mooching about in ancient forest. Another noob question, then, regarding the slingshot. Sometimes when you pick up slingshot ammo it goes direct into the sling, and is switch out/dumped on the floor when you pick up another ammo type from the environment (e.g. stones and redpits). But last night I noticed some ammo types going into the pouch inventory and I could select/load them when I wanted (e.g. piercing pods, bomb pods). The latter is obviously preferable as you can save stuff up. Any idea how to make this work all the time?

Comment

This game is marvellous.
                        Yeah, it's great, isn't it? I've not bought a new game since EDF 2025 as I'm not normally desperate to play new releases when I have so many classic options available at bargain prices, but I don't regret buying this at all.

Last night, whilst chatting with [MENTION=3332]MrKirov[/MENTION] and [MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION], I noted that it can be played in several ways. Tobal is enjoying the high-level game and maximising the research into the best combination of weapons. Kirov just wants to get the story done with the biggest sword available and avoid the grind. You and me are happy to pootle about the forest!

I'm so far behind you guys though that's it's pathetic
                        Not really, mate. You're one level behind [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION]. We went through one of his missions last night and I planned to come back and do a couple with you to get you up a couple of levels too, but I can't speak to you when I'm in a mission and by the time I'd started typing you a message, you'd logged off to try and level up.
                        If you're around next time I'm on, I'll happily replay some of the earlier levels to help you, as will some of the other guys, I'm sure.
                        Pootling about is fine, but as Tobal pointed out, people will start dropping off when the next big new game arrives or they're bored by the cyclical nature of the game, so I think we need to look at progressing the story and completing some more Assigned Quests.

Get a mic!

last night I noticed some ammo types going into the pouch inventory and I could select/load them when I wanted (e.g. piercing pods, bomb pods). The latter is obviously preferable as you can save stuff up. Any idea how to make this work all the time?

"You can carry two types of crafted Slinger ammo in your pouch, Pods and Knives. Knives like the Sleep Knife and Paralysis Knife can be very useful, but they're not always available. One of the components you need to craft a Knife is a throwing knife and these can only be found in the Supply Box in a camp. Moreover, throwing knives can’t be carried back to base with you. Thus, you can only craft Knives when you're in the wild, and only if throwing knives happen to show up in the Supply Box.

Pods can be crafted when you're back at the base and brought with you into the wild. Most do different types of damage or, like the Dung Pod, repel monsters. They can also be used to clear obstacles in the environment like the Torch Pod in the picture above.

If you’re carrying Pods or Knives in your pouch, you can load them into the Slinger from the Item Bar on the lower right of the screen. If you replace them with a different type of ammo, the ones you haven’t used will remain in your pouch."

Some good sessions last night and I'm enjoying chatting to some of you guys for the first time like Tobal and [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION] (hawk).

I had to laugh last night when I asked if can you help me complete the next level to hunt a Legiana and Kirov went "I've just hunted LOADS of them, but I'm going to bed. Bye!". Tobal joined me and then randomly quit out on me, to leave me to fail the mission on my own!
                        Turns out there was some weird thing about Tobal not being in my group, but why it waited twenty minutes before booting you, who knows?!
                        [MENTION=2732]J0e Musashi[/MENTION], I keep trying to get into your games, but you never respond to my messages.
                        You just kept me waiting. Huh?

Obviously, I should've gone to bed, but I wanted to try out the Charge Sword.
                        So I looked at upgrading the one I had, but needed an Aqua Sac.
                        So I beat up a fishface.
                        Then I upgraded it twice to a fire version.
                        Then I spent ages trying to master a combo for MASSIVE DAMAGE.
                        Then I went to the forest to test it on a Great Jagra. Caned him really quick.
                        Anjanas turned up mid-battle and he beat me, but I took some serious chunks out of him, which I've not really been able to do before. I'll persevere.
                        What time is it? About 10pm? Oh, it's 1am.

GET TO BED!

Combo video:

Comment

Hahah it’s true - you have to stop while you can, that’s why I said I had to go!
                          Last edited by MrKirov; 07-02-2018, 08:58.

Comment

You're a wiser man than me!

Comment

I’ll happily help you this evening though, gimme a shout- I need to farm more of them anyway.

Also, it’s not so much that I want to rush through the story, I just want to progress/ accomplish things while I’m playing. I feel like you could waste loads of time in this game doing nothing, and that’s when I start getting disillusioned and bored.

I’m keen to finish the main game and see what content there is. I’m happy to carry out tasks repeatedly etc, but when it starts feeling like a chore it’ll get dropped- as long as what you’re doing is obtainable and fun, that’s fine!

I do just want to hit things with the biggest sword possible, whilst looking cool though.

Mother fudging Guyver son.

Comment

No, I know where you're coming from and I want to crack on whilst the game servers are still busy, but I've a tendency to mooch.

I found a lookout point on the hub yesterday that looks out on a beach. I watched the waves crashing onto the sand for a while and looked at the parrot thing there. I also grappled onto a bug where fishface spawns and looked over the edge of the map and there was a distant herd of dinos just milling around. Totally superfluous to the game, but it's full of lovely touches like that.

Anyone else upgraded their room yet? You can put the things you catch with your net in there as pets. I've got a pet spider in the tree, a parrot hopping about the floor and a couple of fish in my aquarium, which you can look at. Very therapeutic!

On the Team info pages, you can look at the info of the members, but it also displays a dramatic picture of your gadgey.
                                You do look a bit like Guyver, to be fair.
                                Kryss is a knight with his arms folded.
                                J0e looks like a samurai in a dramatic crouch stance.

Comment

Working...
                                X