No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@QualityChimp. I didn’t see any of your messages dude. Have I got something turned off that I shouldn’t have?

On the map, the monsters have red and green arrows with different numbers, what does that mean? Also what are the three bars under their names on the map? Is it the research level?
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

No problem, mate!

In-game messages normally pop up on the right of the screen (I can't talk to you when we're not in the same place, e.g. you're on a mission). They're easy to miss if you're busy.

I deffo need to join you before you get bored/complete it/see a shiny coin on the floor and stop playing!

The arrows indicate if they're above or below you.
      Red = lower, Green = higher.

The three bars are research level, you're right. Investigate every footprint!

It weirded me out the first few times I saw it say Investigate "Sticky Mucous", "Skidmarks" or "Mysterious Clam"...
      Fnarr fnarr.

Comment

Nice article on the world itself.

Comment

I love just sitting and watching the majestic big creatures just do their thing. Sometimes they have a nap, eat some prey, pick on another Dino just for the sake of it, it’s amazing.

Comment

One of my favourite moments was watching a Great Jagra eat one of those full-size placid dinos, even though it was twice its size!

Comment

I love this game! I just took out a Pink Rathian by myself without fainting. 7* hunts await me now. 45 hours in three days is some going, but I can’t put it down.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                I love this game! I just took out a Pink Rathian by myself without fainting. 7* hunts await me now. 45 hours in three days is some going, but I can’t put it down.
                lol your where i am but I've been playing it a few hours most eve's since launch, i just made myself the level 5 Kadachi Fang long sword the other night which dose thunder damage and it's a quite good jack of all trades. it dose great damage to the Pink Rathian as its weak to thunder.

I've also been farming the Legiana bits for a Legia Stealer as the diablos and rathians and rathilos are really week against ice so I'm curious to see what this would do as the thunder one hits really hard and thats not even these dragons main weakness.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 07-02-2018, 12:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  lol your where i am but I've been playing it a few hours most eve's since launch, i just made myself the level 5 Kadachi Fang which dose thunder damage and it's a quite good jack of all, it dose great damage to the Pink Rathian as its weak to thunder.

I've also been farming the Legiana bits for a Legia Stealer as the diablos and rathians and rathilos are really week against ice so I'm curious to see what this would do as the thunder one hits really hard and thats not even these dragons main weakness.
                  I’ve been using a Kadachi Strikebow for a while now. Thunder seems to be the best jack of all trades element so far. I think that’s why I smacked the Pink Rathian so easily.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks for helpful info in post #221, Chimp.

Comment

This isn't aimed at you Joe as you seem to be doing fine but I found out a few handy Quality of life tips out recently, after you finish the main quest the provisions guy near the front gate sells two items, a 5% attack increase and a 5% defense increase. these things are 30,000 each but well worth picking up. These are items that you just have to hold in your inventory and the boosts they give scale 5% to whatever weapons and Armour your using so always give you that +5%.

If your running out of money there are various ways to get money fast, get your botanist to farm might seed they are only 150z each but they soon build up over quests and you can easily make an extra 10,000z an eve just by fertilizing between quests.

Another good tip for money is to do high level Great Jagras investigations, jump in solo as this thing is a push over and easily done in five minutes, sell all your rewards at the last screen to to really maximize how much your making, doing this a few times makes your pockets feel a little less light.

Finally If you go into the options menu buried quite far down in the camera options is an option where you can set your camera to a slightly further away viewpoint it makes things a lot less messy when you get in close to monsters as who doesn't want a bigger view of the action.
                      Last edited by Lebowski; 07-02-2018, 13:55.

Comment

This isn't aimed at you Joe as you seem to be doing fine but I found out a few handy Quality of life tips out recently, after you finish the main quest the provisions guy near the front gate sells two items, a 5% attack increase and a 5% defense increase. these things are 30,000 each but well worth picking up. These are items that you just have to hold in your inventory and the boosts they give scale 5% to whatever weapons and Armour your using so always give you that +5%.
                        I totally forgot about those two items. Thanks for reminding me dude. I’ll go and buy them later.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm 3 ridges off the full Zorah set, then I just need some decorations to gem in more good stuff.

Buy two lots when you can, if this follows the path since Tri, you'll be able to combine them with a Deviljho claw to make an even better item.
                          Last edited by kryss; 07-02-2018, 13:11.

Comment

It's like you guys are playing a different game and I'm still clobbering those deer things with a stick.

Seriously need to push on with the story to unlock all the items from being ??? at the Smithy and know what to aim for.

Now, if only people would stop abandoning me!

Comment

As long as it’s a humongous stick you’re hitting stuff with, I’m happy.

Comment

I just sold off everything of Rarity 4 that I have no intention of using for almost 200K. It’s worth looking into if you’re short on cash. You can get pretty much anything back in a few hunts anyway if you sell something you shouldn’t have.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X