X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh hot chocolate. Great idea

Comment

Chip chip chipping away at this.
      I can upgrade a watery sword and I'm just in the market for some Giant Bone + (Ooh sailor!).

Comment

Struggled against the pink Rathian, beat it but it was a slog. Couldn’t think why, checked my stats, and I was -16 versus dragons >.<

Comment

I have become super addicted to this game. I realised this when I checked my game save and it said 95hrs XD

Unlocked Tempered Bosses last night went and did my first one

Jyuratodus

and it was pretty easy.

I have been mixing between the Dual Blades when solo or doing lower end content and Bow when in groups for harder content. I feel like its time to make different sets for each weapon though now.

I ran with maxed out

Odogaron

gear with eyepatch but have now switched to

Nergigante

maxed out with eye patch. I have a decoration in my eye patch which makes it Weakness Exploit lvl 3 and it just hits for mega dmg.

Anyone have any good info on mixed gear sets? I was watching some on youtube but even though they claimed it was super high dmg, the
          set was coming out better with eyepatch, especially when the monster roars and you get the dmg boost.

I have been running both
          Bow and Dual blades as they have great raw dmg and extra against dragons. But I hear great things about the

Black Diablos

Bow.

Any tips from monster hunter vets would be welcomed
          Last edited by djtickle; 12-02-2018, 08:05.

Comment

djtickle, you seem to have the bases covered. The abilities work differently on MHW than previous MH so there's not much advice we can give you except to gem in anything you can to improve what you have, but again you seem to be on that already.

I just made my Nergal Roar and am helping SOS Nerg quests to get the mats for a full set, although the Diablos tree seems stronger for most just lacks the affinity. Also rocking my sunglasses for the affinity boost, currently at 26% without gem boosting.

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
            Struggled against the pink Rathian, beat it but it was a slog. Couldn’t think why, checked my stats, and I was -16 versus dragons >.<
            That doesn't mean anything for Pink Rath as it doesn't use Dragon-type attacks, only fire and poison. High Rank monsters always have more health so take longer to beat.
            Last edited by kryss; 12-02-2018, 11:41.

Comment

It’s more because he was so aggressive. His hitboxes seems ridiculous and stunlock is a really annoyance. Plus the cat can be useless. As a great sword user it’s hard to get opportunities to attack.

I seemed to take more damage than usual from him so assumed it was my lack of dragon defence.

Comment

grown or farm flashbugs, have 3 ready to use as flashpods and 10 bugs in stock for dealing with any flying mobs.

Comment

HR really needs elemental advantages. Pink rath is still weak to lightning I think, so Kadachi or Kirin weaps.

Comment

Hmm. My thunder blade is only 560 don’t, where my zorah greatsword is 800 plus 300 blast damage. Surely the Zorah is better?

Comment

Whenever you're fighting a new monster it should be somewhat of a struggle, or you're too OP.
                      Try the thunderblade and see what happens.

Speaking of which, I'm going full tilt on the double Kirin event when I get back home.

Comment

I did the double Kirin one already, wasn’t too bad at all actually.

I’ll see how the fight goes again. As I said I beat him, it was just that little bit harder than normal. Maybe fatigue was setting in as I played it a lot yesterday.

Comment

Everyone knows this tip.... but just in case, when you're in a monster battle and another monster gate crashes/ geggs in on the action. Hurl some dung at it and it should run away coz he needs to get a wash coz he stink of poo.

I found this tactic especially helpful in quests such as Invader in the Waste.
                          Last edited by hudson; 12-02-2018, 18:22.

Comment

Dung pods work like a boss. I had a great moment earlier when fighting a Diablos and a black Diablos appeared. Crazy.

Comment

I didn’t know that, no. Bezelguise is like the ****ing Nemesis in this one, cropping up at the worst times.

Comment

And pink Rathian down first go- I’m attributing it to tiredness.

So I’ve heard negative affinity is a bad thing- I’m struggling to understand how/why.

My sword has -20% but it doesn’t seem to matter that much?

Comment

Working...
                                X