No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nerg farming is especially annoying. Why do people keep fainting? FFS.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

diong a lot of the triple threat event as its giving out 1 to 3 decorations with a few lvl2 and 3's i rarely come across.

Comment

Im struggling to fight a Rathian and Rathalos in the same quest. The just fly around the map and I'm running after them, mostly wasting time chasing rather than fighting. Any way to attract them?

Comment

Grab Wyvern eggs from the nest and they'll come RIGHT back.

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          Nerg farming is especially annoying. Why do people keep fainting? FFS.
          Lots of bow users don't know how to dodge. jajaja

And this just happened: SPOILERS!
          Last edited by kryss; 13-02-2018, 06:24.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            Lots of bow users don't know how to dodge. jajaja
            That’s pretty much the most important thing for bow people. So many times we had him down to the last area and people were going down there. One time a guy started collecting the broken tail and ruined it! I needed that tail too, I still do for the Nergal Whisper.

It’s not even a difficult fight, as long as you watch his attack animations you can go through the whole thing without being hit. It should be obvious not to stand directly in front of him when he rears up. That’s a one-hit 99% of the time.

Back to it tonight. I still love it.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I was sucking big time last night. Kirin, Tobe Kadachi... One hit faints. Really bad. Apologies Kryss.

Comment

Opened up what i assume to be the last area, all the 7 star hunts have unlocked. Plenty to do now :|

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                  Opened up what i assume to be the last area, all the 7 star hunts have unlocked. Plenty to do now :|
                  There are 8* hunts.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I’m sure there are, in fact there’s probably more after that!

Just saying I went from having no quests apart from the main, to ALL the quests.

60 ish hours in, my first MH. I haven’t really struggled yet- interested to see if that changes.

Comment

You're still lightyears ahead of me as I tinker about.

I'm constantly trying to get elusive material. At present, it's Monster Bone +, which is dropped by the frosty dragon (Legiana) on the Coral map.
                      However, to beat him I want a lightning weapon, so I need to beat the electric weasel (Toby Kobayashi), to beat him, I need a water weapon, so I had to beat the fish face (Jyuratodus) guy.

Last night I got to the point where I was beating the electric weasel fairly easily, but he refused to drop his "electric sac" and then I couldn't get him to respawn, even after a couple of map hops, so I went to bed.

I did a couple of the Meowscular Chef's missions, but totally failed at the one where I had to steal a couple of Rathian eggs. I need someone to distract her...

Comment

I’ll be on tonight and can help

My advice- I did the same as you, and it’s not entirely worth it. Keep plugging away with the main missions, the lower rank armour is eclipsed pretty soon from where you are, and the grind begins anew- although you still need the lower rank stuff for weapons, you’ll be much more powerful later and farming them won’t be a bother.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                          I’ll be on tonight and can help .
                          Cheers mate, I'll take you up on that!

The thing is, I can't beat the monsters on my own, so I need to get some more element-specific weapons to take them down a bit easier and probably with friends in tow, if possible.
                          I'm sure I could have some better armour and tools, but I can't be arsed researching it all!

Mind you, I've seen a few helpful videos. I found this one interesting:

It actually answers one of your earlier questions about weapon affinity, where the answer is:
                          "When a weapon has negative affinity, weak hits will become more common with it - impacts that ultimately deal lower damage than usual. Conversely, a weapon with positive affinity will be more likely to do critical hits, special hits that deal more damage."

Comment

Well I’m not using elemental damage and haven’t struggled if that helps- literally just largest numbers wins the day.

Comment

You're pretty good at games, so can brute force your way through, but I need every help I can get!

I'm loving how deep this game is though and how different people can play it different ways.

It's also still stopping me in my tracks at how beautiful it is and how expansive it is with animations for pretty much everything.

Comment

Dunno where you got that from, but thanks for the complement haha!

I’m surprised I’m still playing, usually this type of game doesn’t hold my attention- but it is, so I’m not complaining

Comment

Working...
                                X