• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese people being awesome is why.

Thanks for the poll [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      I waited for you [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] for 20 mins to join my next quest. I then cried a single tear whilst looking out of my window calling your name hoping you could hear me. Then I went to bed. It was 2am after all. Thanks for the help though. Always appreciate it.
      Sorry for dropping out like that, I had to cook my wife the Valetine's dinner I'd promised her. It wasn't until 2 hours later that I realised I hadn't messaged you.

Comment

[MENTION=3332]MrKirov[/MENTION], here's a guide to earplugs:

"The Earplugs buff is what's known as an armor skill, as detailed on our armor list and guide. That means the skill is obtained by wearing a piece fo armor that has the skill. By wearing that armor, you'll inherently gain acess to the earplugs armor skill and the associated buffs.

The following armor will give you the earplugs skill. Some armor pieces can have the skill twice - and that's something we'll explain in just a moment...

Bazel Helm Alpha (skill x2)
        Bazel Helm Beta (skill x2)
        Bazel Vambraces Alpha
        Bazel Coil Alpha (skill x2)
        Bazel Coil Beta (skill x2)
        High Metal Mail
        High Metal Mail Alpha (skill x2)
        High Metal Mail Beta
        Zorah Spurs Alpha
        Earplugs Charm I
        Monster Hunter World Earplugs Skill Levels
        So, as we mentioned earlier some armor pieces have the earplugs skill more than once - and of course you have all the different parts of your hunter's body you can equip armor to, each with a different skill. If you equip multiple pieces of gear with the same skill, the skill level will go up - and in the case of Earplugs, it increases its effectiveness.

Here's how the earplugs skill grows and improves depending on its level:

Earplugs Level 1 - Slightly reduces the effect of weak monster roars
        Earplugs Level 2 - Reduces the effect of weak monster roars
        Earplugs Level 3 - Nullifies weak monster roars completely
        Earplugs Level 4 - Nullifies weak monster roars completely & reduces the effect of strong monster roars
        Earplugs Level 5 - Nullifies both weak and strong monster roars
        To fully protect yourself, plan ahead and choose your armor skills carefully, balancing earplugs with other skills, a good choice of weapon, a strong affinity stat and a powerful mantle like the rocksteady mantle - that sort of character build can take you far."

Comment

Earplugs is invaluable. Especially for ranged players.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

beats his drum for magical earplugs(L)extended.

Comment

Datto on you tube did an overkill anti bull**** build, gets rid of knock backs and stops you getting debuffs

Monster Hunter World features a lot of mechanics and abilities that are, quite frankly, bull$#!%. Monsters yelling all the time, knocking you around at the ...
              Last edited by Lebowski; 15-02-2018, 15:26.

Comment

[MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION]. No worries. What did you cook? Chef's Choice Platter?

Comment

[MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION] it was a custom platter, aimed at raising my "bone" stats.

Comment

Longest credits ever? I got one tail too finally! HR22, but I’ve got a bunch of farming to do.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Got my plunderblade- turns out you have to wait for the Odagaron to drop a legions corpse at the ground before he spawns.

Comment

I think I'm HR8 or something ridiculous, but I'm still having fun.

Being lower rank meant I thought I'd crack on with some menial stuff and did a few outstanding non-story quests, rather than bother you heavy hitters.

I read about the Bandit Mantle dropping after doing the 5* mission, "Redefining the Power Couple", so I set about doing that.
                        It was totally out of my league solo, so I fired an SOS flare and quickly got a lobby of guys who helped me complete the level.
                        It still wasn't easy and I was healing and curing loads.

So, with the Bandit Mantle acquired, I re-did the Toby Anstis-adachi mission and I was battering him with my new cape on, whilst my Palico was hitting him with the Plunderblade and the Plunderang and drops were flying off him and littering the ground. Awesome!

Checked my inventory and finally I have an electro sac.
                        It's taken about eight attempts for one to drop, redoing the mission, going on expeditions and fighting him in the arena.

Went to triumphantly upgrade my electro weapon... it needs two electro sacs.
                        /facepalm

Comment

I'm going to try and get all of the gadgets over the weekend as it goes. I still need a Nerg tail and a few Tobi bits for the high-end Lightning bow, but I'm in no rush as long as I get to HR29 some time tomorrow, so I'll just be exploring mainly.
                          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 16-02-2018, 08:05.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I think I'm HR8 or something ridiculous, but I'm still having fun.

Being lower rank meant I thought I'd crack on with some menial stuff and did a few outstanding non-story quests, rather than bother you heavy hitters.

I read about the Bandit Mantle dropping after doing the 5* mission, "Redefining the Power Couple", so I set about doing that.
                            It was totally out of my league solo, so I fired an SOS flare and quickly got a lobby of guys who helped me complete the level.
                            It still wasn't easy and I was healing and curing loads.

So, with the Bandit Mantle acquired, I re-did the Toby Anstis-adachi mission and I was battering him with my new cape on, whilst my Palico was hitting him with the Plunderblade and the Plunderang and drops were flying off him and littering the ground. Awesome!

Checked my inventory and finally I have an electro sac.
                            It's taken about eight attempts for one to drop, redoing the mission, going on expeditions and fighting him in the arena.

Went to triumphantly upgrade my electro weapon... it needs two electro sacs.
                            /facepalm
                            I’ve got a free night this weekend, so I’ll be on this evening- gimme a shout when you jump on and we can fly through your story quests and get you to HR13- then you can start helping me

Comment

Perfect, cheers guys!

Those Mtashed videos are great. I've posted a few in here for charms, Plunderblade and so on that I think you'll find useful.
                              Website-wise, I've found RPGsite is pretty good: https://www.rpgsite.net/games/955-monster-hunter-world

Here's some info on that Platinum Fish you've been desirous of, MrK:

I want to watch a film, or some telly or some comedy with my wife, but this thing has its claws in me and I can happily play this all night.

I probably shouldn't have gone to bed straight after this as when I closed my eyes, all I could see was Rathians roaring in my face.
                              I then spent the night dreaming about the game and I had some special mantle or something!

Comment

Finished off the second story last night and jumped from hr15 to HR29,

Think i'm gonna have to farm a bit as i fancy making a heavy bow gun now to farm certain monsters. it feels like you really need ranged weapons for certain monsters, i was fighting the Bazelgeuse last night for the power and Armour charm and its a real pain with the long sword. to crit you have to be under either his tail or his head to and its far to easy for him to drop bombs on you and take half your energy in seconds.

The Vaal Hazak took us an age too due to the effluvium he constantly kicks out, we had to two man it and i really dislike that whever there is two or four of you his energy is no different, it makes two manning stuff take ages. I used all my nullberrys and all my healing over the course of the fight. we chucked up an sos a couple of times first time in but the people who joined got carted over and over so we where forced into two manning it.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 16-02-2018, 08:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X