Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
    If your doing an investigation you do have a small chance of getting one off a dead body or a reward. I found this out why farming Nerg horns.

Great tool i have just found if you need to get your gear set fix at work -

Put in what you want your gear set to do and it will build the set for you!
    If your farming them thoughbreaking the horns on his head ups the chance of getting them, combine this with a lucky voucher or an investigation with gold rewards to really maximize your chances of a good drop.

Comment

Oh and I unlocked the private suite last night.

I filled it with all the animals I've caught and spent a few tranquil minutes feeding my fish whilst taking a support call from Australia (IRL).

At first, I thought it was a bit opulent to have such an ornate and resplendent room, but then I thought about how I single_handedly killed Zorah Magdalos whilst everyone else barked orders or stood around triumphantly punching the air, rather than firing cannons or the Dragonator as it destroyed the defensive wall in front of their blank faces. So I moved in with no regrets.

I just wonder how I can ask the woman from the Smithy to come and check out my new digs and share a glass of wine whilst watching the sun set beyond my fish pond...

EDIT:
      Fame at last!
      Last edited by QualityChimp; 21-02-2018, 08:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        If you want the horn to drop you need to break the two horns on his head or it has a 0% chance of being a reward on the loot screen, I found this out on the normal Diablos when i was farming him. Someone with a hammer or something that dose impact damage is great for getting this this done.
        I've broken both horns every time. I just don't know why they aren't dropping. I'll just continue killing it until they do.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Would Plunderblade or Plundercape help with getting the horn (fnarr)?

EDIT: No, their pickups are classed as carves, not breaks, which is how you get the horn.
          Last edited by QualityChimp; 21-02-2018, 09:00.

Comment

Apparently, you have a better chance of getting them if you return from quest once you've broken them both. I've read that in two places now so I'll give that a go.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Have any of you guys captured a dung beetle, set it as your room pet, and then gone to 'rest'/play with it? Hilarious stuff. The amount of pointless but brilliant detail in this game is just amazing.

Comment

That's why the credits are so long.
                There was some guy who had to programme dung beetle play interactions!

Yeah, it's an incredibly thorough game.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  I've used a bow for the entirety. I've had the occasional stun-lock trap, but that's mainly when other people just stand around like idiots and don't do anything to help you out of it.

I'm farming Black Diablos. I need three horns. I've fought it around 12 times and not had a single horn drop. It's getting a little tiresome now, but I keep returning over and over in an act of extreme stubbornness.
                  If you want an ultimate lesson in pointless, futile, frustration, try farming Kirin horns on freedom unite on psp. F**k me dead! One of the worst things I've ever farmed in gaming ever.

Comment

Diablos horns are easy, ice shots will take them out. The tail is a little more difficult I think, and ice lances are a good option for that defense.

Comment

Diablos horns are easy, but Black Diablos horns are not easy in the least. I'm using a Legiana Snowfletcher with continuous Dragon Piercer shots to break them, but it's only possible if the others take the aggro off of me. Otherwise it just charges me to death, which seems to happen more often than not. I'm actually putting it down to a bunch of noobs seeing a level 40+ player taking on a BD and they want in, only to find that it's the most difficult monster to beat in the entire game and then get killed continuously. It doesn't help that the idiot who is Bazelgeuse keeps turning up and making it even more difficult.

I'm just going to break and then quit until I get them how I've read. I don't care if the others don't get their kills anymore.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        Diablos horns are easy, but Black Diablos horns are not easy in the least. I'm using a Legiana Snowfletcher with continuous Dragon Piercer shots to break them, but it's only possible if the others take the aggro off of me. Otherwise it just charges me to death, which seems to happen more often than not. I'm actually putting it down to a bunch of noobs seeing a level 40+ player taking on a BD and they want in, only to find that it's the most difficult monster to beat in the entire game and then get killed continuously. It doesn't help that the idiot who is Bazelgeuse keeps turning up and making it even more difficult.

I'm just going to break and then quit until I get them how I've read. I don't care if the others don't get their kills anymore.
                        I'm with you their, he is a real pain in the arse i tried him solo and he just agro's on you constantly and if hes not roaring at you he's just full on charging and swiping. its like hes been designed to be a 4 player challenge where you swap take turns swapping agro so you can actually do damage to him.

Comment

Is Black Diablos the hardest enemy? Seems the same as a normal Diablos to me, and went down just the same as a solo player. Again I suppose it depends on weapon choice. A bow user would have an easier time with a Rathian for example.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                            Is Black Diablos the hardest enemy? Seems the same as a normal Diablos to me, and went down just the same as a solo player. Again I suppose it depends on weapon choice. A bow user would have an easier time with a Rathian for example.
                            Dragon Piercer is almost impossible on BD. She is constantly raged and volatile. Bow solo kill is one thing, but bow solo breaking is another thing entirely.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That’s the kind of **** that I can’t be arsed to continue playing for.

Comment

If your having a hard time be cheap with flashes and traps

Take the materials with you and craft once you have used your allocation.

Comment

Working...
                                X