Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
    Isnt it just 1 Talon? I have them both and no way did i have 198.
    Ah, you could be right.
    I think I misread the screenshot, thinking it was saying you need 99, but that's the max you can carry, perhaps.
    I'm searching but I can't see anyone listing the exact number needed.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      [MENTION=3332]MrKirov[/MENTION], you mentioned buying those two charms from the merchant, but there's a bit more you can do.

1. Buy Powercharm (36000z) and Armorcharm (24000z)
      2. Go to the crafting menu > Healing/Support > screen 4 of 4
      3. Craft Armorcharm + 99 Bazelgeuse Talon = Armortalon
      4. Craft Powercharm + 99 Bazelgeuse Talon = Powertalon
      5. Go to the merchant and rebuy the Powercharm and Armorcharm
      6. Leave all four charms in your pouch for stacked effects

I just need to get 198 Bazelgeuse talons! :O
      I did this, and told you about it already... was wondering why you said it didn’t feel like they did anything haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        yeah its one for each
        Ah sweet! That's a lot more do-able! Thanks!

Interesting video from a guy moving over from Destiny 2 and The Division to Monster Hunter: World, because the grind is a lot less random than those games.
        Also the lack of DLC (you have to BUY save slots in Metal Gear Survive!) is a motivation.

Comment

It's two talons total that are needed. You get them from the level 29 if you don't already have them.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            its the opposite they have the same HP but hit harder its well documented, some aren't an issue as they still wont one hit KO you, but try disrespecting the Tobi by going in with a Negitagante set that is -7 to thunder and see how you do
            May well be the case, I just mean they don’t feel any different. I certainly haven’t noticed any real difference. I’ve beaten the two Bezelguise things, didn’t even upgrade my armour for that. I’m rocking full Zenojiva armour at the mo and upgraded fully, it’s got low fire defence and the pink Rathian/Legiana didn’t really trouble me in the 10 runs I did on the weekend- even when hit with fire I didn’t feel it really.

Perhaps it’s just my armour in line with the challenge. It’s got high thunder resist, so I suspect Kirin won’t be too much trouble either-although he was troublesome initially as a Great Sword user.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
              I did this, and told you about it already... was wondering why you said it didn’t feel like they did anything haha.
              Ah right! I have the charms, but not the talons.
              I can't remember you saying about the upgrade and the stack, but I hadn't even met Beetlejuice by that point, so maybe it didn't register!

Or I was too busy carrying you through that Black Diablos hunt.

Sheesh, OK, so EVERYONE knows about the charms and talons. Well done, you!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                May well be the case, I just mean they don’t feel any different. I certainly haven’t noticed any real difference. I’ve beaten the two Bezelguise things, didn’t even upgrade my armour for that. I’m rocking full Zenojiva armour at the mo and upgraded fully, it’s got low fire defence and the pink Rathian/Legiana didn’t really trouble me in the 10 runs I did on the weekend- even when hit with fire I didn’t feel it really.

Perhaps it’s just my armour in line with the challenge. It’s got high thunder resist, so I suspect Kirin won’t be too much trouble either-although he was troublesome initially as a Great Sword user.
                i was quie suprised when he one hit Ko'ed me as like you say the double guise was super easy as was the Baroth and the Jyuratodus

Comment

Once he’s dead, I won’t be grinding for 50 levels for the last story quest, so hopefully he will be a decent fight!

Comment

Threat level 1 and 2 tempered are not that different if you have a fully upgraded set. Threat level 3 though are a different matter, they hit hard. Still with a decent set I find them easier solo.

Comment

I’m off work due to non-existent snow. I’m clearing up all of the quests to unlock things. I quite enjoy just messing about collecting things. I think I’ll go for all of the gadgets after I’m done with this. It should get me to HR49 while I’m at it too.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm a bit jealous of that!

My connection dropped last night so I continued in offline mode (another reason why MH:W rocks, it doesn't just stop working) and I had a pretty productive evening.

After poking at a Beetlejuice for a bit, I got some talons and did that thing with the Lucky Charms (I'm always after 'em).

I caught a selection of Monsters+ like Puki Puki, fish face and Tobi Carvery.
                        Used their carvings to upgrade a couple of elemental swords.

Earmarked a couple of future weapons so when I find the components, it'll tell me, which has been a useful feature from the start.

There's always "one more hunt" to complete, but I knocked it on the head at 12, pleased with the evening's spoils.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          I’m off work due to non-existent snow. I’m clearing up all of the quests to unlock things. I quite enjoy just messing about collecting things. I think I’ll go for all of the gadgets after I’m done with this. It should get me to HR49 while I’m at it too.
                          lol i was dong that last night too its supposed to be pretty useful finishing up the food quests as you can craft your own meals, there really are a ton of perks you can activate if you craft your own meals take the following

Felyne Supercat-50% Stamina consumption and you won't flinch from monsters "weak" attacks when transporting Egg/Ore.

Felyne Escape Artist -50% Stamina consumption when running away from a monster (special "Panic Run" animation).

carrying quests should now be a lot a easier if you activated all the above or even one of these perks by using the correct ingredients.

there are downsides to just choosing the default meal too yesterday the daily perk was

Felyne Provoker You will be targeted by monsters more than usual. this was a real pain as its like the monster was constantly enraged so pay attention to the meals

there are some crazy usefull stuff too thats well worth working out how to activate

Felyne Fur Coating Negates environment damage from Lava and Poison pools.
                          Felyne Insurance You first death during the Quest doesn't count towards the cap of 3 deaths (in multiplayer group one instance of this skill is enough, since it's effect don't stack).
                          Felyne Moxie Once per Quest prevents dying from lethal hit if you had at least 64 Health at that moment (you will stay alive with 1 Health left). Does NOT stack with similar Armor Skill.
                          Felyne Weakener Increases the chances that monsters during the Quest will be weaker (aka will have less Health/Attack/etc, doesn't affect Size).
                          Crazy Lucky Cat x1.5/1.75/2.0 Zenny after a Quest (picked at random).
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 27-02-2018, 10:29.

Comment

That's some good advice, thank 'bowski.

I was recently watching this video with some other information about meals:

Also, this video on mixed armour sets:

Comment

I can kill a Great Jagras in about 30 seconds now. It’s quite amusing.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                I can kill a Great Jagras in about 30 seconds now. It’s quite amusing.

Comment

Working...
                                X