Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    It's funny how quickly you get used to how ridiculous it is and how at some point or other somebody had to show/tell you about most things in the game.

I was playing online the other night with a guy who'd played 90+ hours, but didn't realise R1 is used to run, rather than clicking the stick!
    Everyone knows it was me!!

It was actually a revelation. Sometimes the timing of the stick click wasn’t working for me, R1 makes it easier.

Comment

I didn't name names!

I only know because I'm running away from stuff more often than you!

I just found it easier because I'd normally sheath and then run, so using the same button makes sense.

I liked it in the first few days where after a successful hunt and everyone was carving you'd hear a clatter of plastic getting hammered over the mic until somebody pipes up:
      "You can just hold O to carve. Same for digging up bones or flowers".
      "I knew that!" *rattling stops*

Comment

Sheath is also left stick click. So I’d have to “double click” the left stick, but the second click wouldn’t register until the animation of putting your sword away finished- so the timing could be difficult sometimes in the heat of battle.

The ambiguity sometimes left you not knowing if you were running, so you’d spin the camera around to look at your animation/check your stamina- then inevitably get hit from behind while you were fanning.

Or you’d think the click didn’t register when it did, and you’d click again which stopped the run, and again- you’d get hit while you were fannying.

As I said, doing it all on R1 is revelatory.

Comment

I still hammer circle, it’s almost tradition now.

Comment

Like hammering the button at a pelican crossing or on a lift.
            How else is the lift supposed to know you're in a hurry if you don't pummel it like you're playing Track & Field?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              only unlocks past49 when you get the lvl3 stone(could be lvl2 but i got lvl3 first), the forger bloke then opens it up... though good look getting the stones, let alone the one the weapon ones.
              They ain’t that bad, I have about 10 now between lvl2-3. Sadly no long sword one yet...

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                They ain’t that bad, I have about 10 now between lvl2-3. Sadly no long sword one yet...
                that's the problem, getting the 1/14 chance of getting the on you need, when you finally do get a weapon aug stone, i've done about 10+ elders and only gotten the Bow and a few gleaming's for armours, never seen a weapon upgrade drop off lower threats yet, just armour stuff.

Not to bothered so far as the upgrade isn't massive, bit more attack/def/crit/regen/lvl1 slot (unless you can stack attack 3 times), feel i'm getting more out my various armour being 90+def (which is damn expensive)

Comment

This HR49 Kirin is a bit of a sod.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                    that's the problem, getting the 1/14 chance of getting the on you need, when you finally do get a weapon aug stone, i've done about 10+ elders and only gotten the Bow and a few gleaming's for armours, never seen a weapon upgrade drop off lower threats yet, just armour stuff.

Not to bothered so far as the upgrade isn't massive, bit more attack/def/crit/regen/lvl1 slot (unless you can stack attack 3 times), feel i'm getting more out my various armour being 90+def (which is damn expensive)
                    Each weapon stone covers 2 weapons so its 50% better than that

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    Yup, I always crack out the ranged for him. Lucky enough it likes to prance about abit so gives some decent openings.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      Their is a quest to beat him on low rank and it gives you a thunder mantle, if your not specked right he will one hit you with his thunder attacks, The xeno jiva set has thunder resistance and i stacked 3x thunder resistance gems, he hits hard but if you up your survive-ability hes less of a test.

i used the Wyvern Blade "Indigo long sword as it hits hard has fire damage that he's weak too and also makes you pretty nippy when fighting him, try to stay to his side as his frontal attacks are his main ones and try not to be to greedy hit him back off, hit him back off and you should do him in no time.

hes weak to sleep too so set your plaico up with the Felyne Baan Ball alpha as this dose 75 sleep damage, if you can get him to fall asleep you can do some great 2x damage to him with mega bombs and the like.

Comment

I’m just going to ignore all the elemental stuff, and twat him with my big sword.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                          I’m just going to ignore all the elemental stuff, and twat him with my big sword.
                          Ha! That strategy has worked really well so far, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I didn't manage to get on last night and you're all going further into the distance!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                            lol it had been my strategy up until tempered stuff but if you don't spec thunder resistance hes gonna one hit kill you.

Comment

I’ll take that challenge. In all the tempered fights I’ve done, I’ve not had to respec once. Stuff like Pink Rathian, Uraganns, Legiana.

If it’s true, I guess I’ll just have to not get hit

Comment

good luck with that

Comment

Working...
                                X