No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had about a week off from this and I'm in two minds to continue.

It's not that I don't love it, it's just that I've done the main story and the nag of other games to play is starting to creep in.

Comment

That’s why I dropped it, grinding for stuff and doing random weekly missions doesn’t really spur me on. I suspect it’ll be sold this weekend- although I’ve had a fun time while it lasted!

Comment

It is in no way a criticism of the game, just felt like the break I've had is a good time to stop.

I'm still enjoying the hunts and finding the parts and the social aspect of it, but just talking to you lot reminded me of how much I've not played - The Last of Us, Yakuza, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and loads of others we've mentioned whilst tracking the behemoths down.

Comment

OMG you’d adore Yakuza 0 so much.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            What are the golden glowing drops when in the field indicate? Just rarity?

The gems you talk about for augmentation, do they drop during battle when you part break or can they be handed out post successful hunt? Also, is it worth capturing the tempered monster to better your chances?
            The shiny ones because of the bandit mantel are just items to sell and have no other use.

You can't catch tempered elder dragons, and they are the ones who drop these gems as rewards, so don't join without rewards!

Comment

Go on. Leave us!

Seriously, the game gets you hooked again when going after tempered beast and trying to farm some new goodies for augmentation. Well that's where I'm at. It's good coz I battered a tempered Tobi last night in my full Deviljho gear and great sword. I'll probably crying tomorrow that I'm getting no drops.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                The shiny ones because of the bandit mantel are just items to sell and have no other use.

You can't catch tempered elder dragons, and they are the ones who drop these gems as rewards, so don't join without rewards!
                Ah cheers.

Comment

They need to be purple Investigations with either 15 minute times, two players only and one faint, or all three for a greater chance. Four-up, 50-minutes with three faints and you ain't getting any stones.
                  Last edited by J0e Musashi; 28-03-2018, 13:03.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I got 2 stones from a 30 minute, 4 player investigation.

I got my first stone from a T.Nerg, so I wonder if you have to start that way...

Comment

Starting to think J0e is just poo at this.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        I got 2 stones from a 30 minute, 4 player investigation.

I got my first stone from a T.Nerg, so I wonder if you have to start that way...
                        30 minutes is ok. As long as it isn't 50 minutes. One-player, 15-minute, one faint and you are 99% to get stones. The chance decreases if anything is different.

I got my first stones from Daora. I haven't had any from Nerg thus far.
                        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 28-03-2018, 13:27.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It’s his punishment for playing more than most of us put together 😜

Comment

I think that this games uses RNG tables similar to PSO II. Some are good and some are bad. I must be on a bad one.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              I think that this games uses RNG tables similar to PSO II. Some are good and some are bad. I must be on a bad one.
                              I had the same issue with Destiny 1. Nothing, and I mean absolutely NOTHING worth having EVER dropped for me. Took me 8 raid attempts at VoG just to get a Antheons Epilogue to drop, another 4 attempts for Fatebringer. Others would get all 3 primaries from one raid and moan.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                                Starting to think J0e is just poo at this.
                                Oh SNAP!

Comment

Working...
                                X