Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YUSS!!

Comment

Ah Yeah, thanks [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION]. How does one load their sling?

Comment

Yowsa! I didn't break anything!

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Stone seems to be something you just pick up and not mine. You're right, I need to get in front of it and give it a proper look. Are you sure about having to physically carry materials to the Smithy? It must take straight from item box too No? Crazy if so.
        Sorry, I seem to be making things more confusing.

1. "Stone" is ammo for your slingshot and has a limit.
        2. Ore is mined from those dark blue crystal clumps you find and has no inventory limit.
        3. You don't need to carry materials to the smithy, you have to have the weapon you want to upgrade equipped.

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        it might be worth getting yourself a Tobi kadarchi (electric weasel) set as this is the monster before him and will up your defense, its also worth upping your energy bar craft some mega nutrients, and have a meal that ups your defence to medium, this stops him being able to two hit ko you.

Also it might be obvious but stay away from his mouth he has a crit spot on his tail and his head but its a lot safer to hit him on the tail using a long sword, your quite likely to cut his tail off too giving you an extra carving opportunity. staying away form his head is extra critical when he goes into fire mode, its easy to spot when he dose as he gets small wings and a growth on his head.
        All sound advice again, cheers!

I'm still running around in leather armour at the minute. My son insisted I should be running around in just my pants, but I vetoed his suggestion.

The other clue to him being in fire mode is that he spits fire.

I would've gone the water route as that fish boss drops bits, but he didn't drop enough. I did that mission solo and had 17 seconds left before failure! I spent too long trying to lure the rock monster to chase me and fight it.

Comment

Ah Yeah, thanks @Lebowski. How does one load their sling?
          I'm pretty sure you can only carry one type of sling ammo at a time, so if you're carrying rocks and see Redpit, when you pick it up, your geezer will do a little reload animation and the old ammo will be dropped next to you.

"While this title has several different ranged weapons, the Slinger is one that will always be on your character regardless. However, unlike bows or bowgun you cannot craft ammo for Slinger no matter what. To actually change your ammo type you will need to find special plants or rocks out in the wild to reload or alter what you’re using. This means if you want to shift what you’re using it will need to be done in real time. You cannot purchase this ammo ahead of time in the market so make sure to get out there and forage."

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I'm pretty sure you can only carry one type of sling ammo at a time, so if you're carrying rocks and see Redpit, when you pick it up, your geezer will do a little reload animation and the old ammo will be dropped next to you.

"While this title has several different ranged weapons, the Slinger is one that will always be on your character regardless. However, unlike bows or bowgun you cannot craft ammo for Slinger no matter what. To actually change your ammo type you will need to find special plants or rocks out in the wild to reload or alter what you’re using. This means if you want to shift what you’re using it will need to be done in real time. You cannot purchase this ammo ahead of time in the market so make sure to get out there and forage."

I've noticed that sometimes when you break of monster parts they drop Thorns and Piercepods these do good damage so are worth picking up and firing at the monster your fighting

Brightmoss, lights up monsters and can blind flying wyverns
            Scatternut Gets monsters attention and goes off like a firework can be used to damage them too dose 20 dmg
            Watermoss Does around 8 water damage per shot. Can be used to clean mud armour off Bathros
            Firetorch 8 damage fire, can be used to scare off monsters that are weak to fire
            Dung you can fire this at monsters to make them retreat
            Rocks 1 dmg gets monster attention

Comment

I love the replay factor of this. So, you take down that Barroth. Now you need 2 of its claws to make a lovely hat to complete that rocking look. You go out with a bit more swagger this time coz you already have it's number. You see him, he enters the field all dramatic, whilst you stand your ground waiting to roll and give it a lovely crack. Instead he one hit faints you back to camp lol.

Comment

For those in the early game don't go nuts on the armours as they'll be replaced in high rank mode...

As item management goes as heavy bowgun user i have the researchers at HQ growning my most used ammo plants which i carry in field in unprocessed, then stock up on slice, sticky, pierce, Wyvern from the shop for about 200 to 500g.

Elements are easily made on the field so i only stock up the made ammo rather than plants.

Though the process of making lvl3 ammo is alot more demanding on space so usually needs fishing items for mass production.

Comment

You say don't go nuts but isn't it important to get that defence stat up as difficulty creeps up? I'm assuming here (. )(. )

Comment

You say don't go nuts but isn't it important to get that defence stat up as difficulty creeps up? I'm assuming here (. )(. )
                    As in trying to make every armour or waste rare items on it which could be better used on weapons.

Comment

I'd say craft Armour sets to keep your defense up but don't craft every monsters set you meet and don't use Armour spears early on as you wont be in that Armour long, most of the monsters you fight early on only require that monsters item parts so don't worry about hording their parts, as a lot of it is not used later on in the game.

Another top tip that's not super obvious is When farming monsters don't just do the optional quests for that monster over and over, go to the bounty handler and tick all the investigations relating to the monster that you want to farm, as this gives you better rewards. To start an investigation you then chose that investigations via the investigations tab on the quest board, keep in mind only the ones you have selected via the bounty handler will show up as investigations .

Depending on which investigation you choose you can get gold, silver or bronze rewards for meeting certain conditions, A lot of the time it will give you the rarer parts that you need too, as you get guaranteed better rewards by farming the monsters this way.

by doing this i was able to build a full tobi kadarchi set and craft a tobi kadarch lighting infused long sword after only a couple of investigations.
                      Last edited by Lebowski; 30-01-2018, 12:56.

Comment

My god this game is great. I have a very unhealthy addiction to it at the moment!

Comment

I hope Monster health scales down for when "team mates" p**s off mid way through a battle. Luckily I managed to finish the fight.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed some similarities between MHW and Dark Souls.
                            Monster Hunter: World is easily the most popular entry in the Monster Hunter franchise. But, how did a game franchise that was never that popular sell over five million copies in three days?

The hub, with its waterwheel lift system, feels like a cheerier version of Blight Town, with a cheery pig pet, rather than disease-spreading blowgun goblins or hideously bloated daddy long legs of pestilence.

Some times, when I'm posting about crafting a Pulsar Shotel Long Sword from the Electro Sac and pelt of a slain Tobi-Kadachi I can feel the echoes from the past as I dissed all the losers drooling over upgrading their broadsword with Divine Ember dropped by the Moonlight Butterfly in the Darkroot Basin and buffed by the Rusted Iron Ring...

Comment

First monster to really kick my ass: Kirin. Does not help that I just made a new armor set with crap loads of -Thunder resistance, but even when I fixed that with a charm and element resist(m) food I still got the triple combo: random thunder bolt > lay down paralyzed/dizzy > attacked again before I could come to.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                                First monster to really kick my ass: Kirin. Does not help that I just made a new armor set with crap loads of -Thunder resistance, but even when I fixed that with a charm and element resist(m) food I still got the triple combo: random thunder bolt > lay down paralyzed/dizzy > attacked again before I could come to.
                                He pushed my poop in the 1st time i met him, i could easily tank his melee if he caught me but his thunder attacks 1-shot me... didn't help i had like -6 thunder across my gear.. anyway on the second round with no improvement in gear(didn't have the items to make the thunder pants) and a change in pelico back to healing from flash/trap which didn't work, and got a trail cat to help out as extra distraction it was quite easily to avoid his 4 types of thunder attacks using my trusty bowgun to bring him down.

Comment

Working...
                                X