No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure thing, when do you plan on attempting it?

Comment

Grinding the F out of Nergigante and just cannot get a tail peice to drop at all. 3 hunts in a row all 4 people slashed on his tail the whole time and it won’t come off, need 1 more peice for a new hammer I’m working on.

Uggghhgghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Sure thing, when do you plan on attempting it?
        Trying to think of good times that overlap with you, I'd imagine tonight or (more likely) tomorrow night? I'll probably be giving it a few shots, anyway. I quite fancy giving it a crack solo too, as that ended up being the best way for me to get through T.Kirin!

Comment

Well I'm free today, so shoot me a message on PSN when you're ready.

Comment

Solo's not that bad, which is how i did it... first i joined an in progress on which had no rewards but didn't give me the win when we won after killing all 3 (there was also a HR999 bow user..). Went with 3 Nerg great sword sets locked to equip loadouts (windproof, Fire def and pure Def) Daora took me 25mins as i couldn't get near the bugger once flashes stopped working which feels like a new thing and it doesn't help his wind aura is inmune to windproof so it's to easy to get knocked down while trying to get a swing in, next time i'd use a bow/gun. Tes went down in 10mins with a few hairy moments when the new blast aura got me low a few times, and murdered Nerg in 4mins with constant combo3 hits the face thanks to him staying put then he roars and flinching usually on the second hit.

Comment

I get the sense that you just have to use bows for the real high level elders as going near them with swords/hammers is a nightmare sometimes, especially when they aggro target lock you.

Comment

Bow users get carted right after lance users who charge in, hammer users who go straight for the face and long sword users trying to get their spirit combo in.

Comment

naaa, if you gear right for the correct resists and take your meds(regen,att,def) you can smack them up while not taking much damage, bow just lets you min/max critical and stamina stuff together but i've seen so many average bow users get smoked in 1 hit if they mess up a dodge.

Just a thought, maybe Bracex3 (flinch defense) would make me immune to Daora tripping? will have to try it.

Comment

Yeah, I hate that too. You have to remember, I don't meet many good bow users.

Comment

that was a reply to fishbowl message, took me long enough to type out for you to post first , everything you said is completely right, no matter the weapon getting greedy with an angry monster = a cart and those types typically forgo defense for attack buffs.

Comment

I’ve f*****g had enough of grinding Nergigante. His f*****g tail hasn’t dropped in 10 hours of grinding. It’s ridiculous. 5 times his tail was cut off last night and 5 times it gave me a useless scale from the carve and nothing on the rewards screen.

Broken as F.

Comment

Finally got Nergigante down on his attack patterns and got my fully Nergy armour set & my first weapon with a high eldar seal. I changed up to a great sword in the end from m,y hammer and build a whole new one. With a great sword it was a piece of cake to chop him into pieces and get about 4 Nerg tails i needed for various weapons.

Also did my first Vaal Hazzak last night too, who tbh is a piece of cake compared to Nergigante.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 08-05-2018, 10:39.

Comment

Cleared the new event in no time to get the high rank "evil" Ryu armour, which is a fullset sadly but it's at least usable. Its an Arena challenge fight vs Nerg built for 2, i searched for "arena" tagged server, used the sleep greatsword in the third set and the JP bloke who joined me for 3 goes also used the sleep greatsword, so we'd bomb him anytime we slept or paralyzed him with the knifes.

Recently started using the lance, which is a nice simple weapon on which i love doing the running charge and today sorted out how to work a Gunlance as the gear from lance carries over well with mior adjustments for artillery. Hopefully if i ever get a guardup gem i can swap out all the ugu gear and go abit more offensive.

Comment

There's a Guardup charm that unlocks after you beat the Sapphire Star quest, but a gem is almost 100% no.

Comment

I had look in to the charm but it would mean having get artilleryx3 elsewhere, i don't have gems for it yet (among many rare6/7/8's i don't have) and the armour with it on is abit pants, all early high rank monsters with few or none gem slots(all level1) on them and low defense, even maxed out.

Wish we could save scum the gem melding

Comment

Working...
                                X