No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's abit hard lol, getting hit with 45 resist is about 1/2hp for single bolt, the mass AoE move is shot one, very short notifications for big attacks, zero for single strikes. I can tank like a champ with 45 resist, 500+def and guardup, very little time to get damage in on as he's faster, very aggressive, always moving.

Comment

This thread desperately needs a QC hard-reset with the real ale twats.

Comment

.... did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          This thread desperately needs a QC hard-reset with the real ale twats.
          Say what now?

Comment

yay! cleared kirin AT killed, 1/9 group attempts. Gave up on the lance, couldn't get the damage in so went down the road of LBG as HBG just to slow. Had a gotten rare7 "magma" LBG from tulve which come with 290 dmg, rapid fire flame, spread, normal, kitted the mods with 3xsuppressor to get flame from highest to average so i could move right away on shooting, head to waist in Azure wyvern armour for critical elemental and minds eye with kirin legs beta capping free ammo, stuck in 4 blaze gems and 2 dragon resist, thunder resist neck gives me an natural 32 in thunder resist, food up to 47.

from what i could see from the good melees was people using the new temporal cloak which auto dodges damage, seems to work well.

rewards are a new set of Kirin Y armour, based around the stats found on the low level kirin set, naturally caps free ammo in body/hands and 5x thunder attack on head/legs.
            Last edited by Tobal; 08-06-2018, 23:07.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              Say what now?
              Merely joshing, chaps! Quality Chimp was wont to post a Real Ale Twats skit from Viz when discussion of RPG technicalities hit a certain high level of connoisseurship, as here.

Comment

Ahhh, gotcha

Just gave AT Kirin a shot solo and uh... it didn't go well. Even having upgraded the gear I used for tempered Kirin (lots of thunder res, no stuns) and cycling between thunderproof and temporal mantles, it was not pretty.

Seeing videos like this makes me feel very bad

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Ahhh, gotcha

Just gave AT Kirin a shot solo and uh... it didn't go well. Even having upgraded the gear I used for tempered Kirin (lots of thunder res, no stuns) and cycling between thunderproof and temporal mantles, it was not pretty.

Seeing videos like this makes me feel very bad

A clear master of the 5 D's

Comment

I'll see how the evening players fair later.

Comment

I'll see how the evening players fair later.
                      Are you using triple shield mods for the HGB or putting extra guard or guardup somewhere, as i was taking good inch of HP on melee attack and the big AoE blocks (with about 470 def).

I was trying to work out decent HBG soloing him, flame shot capping out at 29 damage with x5 blaze which is disappointing when a rapid fire LGB can shot x3 in 1 round for minimum of 14 dmg and 21 on crit per hit. Didn't think about using stickies to stun him... and i have the gold blast HBG, probably go with a normal shot 3 build.

Comment

Triple shield, Guard Up, Guard lvl5, Thunder resist lvl3, Defense lvl4.

A point-blank Teostra Nova takes an inch off my health, but pretty much nothing else touches me. I was alternating between the Thunderproof and Evasion mantles. Made the Blossom layered armour already, just need enough tickets for everything else now.

Comment

It's 1 - 1 between me and AT Kirin so far. The fail was a solo attempt, but I got a decent group thereafter where the score evened out. Not sure I'm going to have the stomach to actually grind the fight out over the week, but I'd like to get the blossom layered set at least. The full gamma set... maybe not.

Very interested to see what AT Val is like though.

Comment

Triple shield, Guard Up, Guard lvl5, Thunder resist lvl3, Defense lvl4.

A point-blank Teostra Nova takes an inch off my health, but pretty much nothing else touches me. I was alternating between the Thunderproof and Evasion mantles. Made the Blossom layered armour already, just need enough tickets for everything else now.
                            Copied a similar set and it working well for me once i stopped using snipe... got 1 shotted to often, seemingly pissing Kirin off so it would tag me on the long, long recovery of snipe. Anyway now rolling with the empress strix(luna save ammo gun), Kulve head, KirinY body, the rest Uga B for guardup/defense then packed the gems with resists and defense and artillery charm. Saving ammo on sticky/slice/cluster is a god send.

Comment

Just finished campaign yay! Mooched through it casual style and it took me 105 hours lol. Now I'm into the already more enjoyable part of the game without that bloody Handler nagging all the time. I've used kinsect glaives and hammers exclusively but fancy messing about with a heavy bowgun. The builds and ammo situation pretty much open up a completely different game, though, which is daunting, Anyone recommend a good all-round gun for a lvl 24 noob?

Comment

Magda Gemitus II is actually what I mainly use, it's made from Zorah Magda parts and has Wyvernsnipe special ammo (basically pierces the monster then produces multple explosive damage). Add triple shields and Uragaan armour to make yourself into a tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X