No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FFIVX quest says you need to choose roles and work together to win.

...We're all screwed.

Comment

i don't know about this roles bit lol, probably just some roll play but from watching the devs fight behemoth you all need to be on the same page when it comes to meteor dropping by running behind a large rock (which i assume are left overs from the comet attack).

Down the last collectable myself, summerfest loaded in all the missing food items i didn't have as guest food, so wrote them all down and looked where they came from (was missing 7 items), caught the ancient after about 11 reloads in to the vale, just left with the Amber deposits up message so i get the wyvern filet. Also discovered save scumming decoration melding works in a round about way, still have waste alot of time doing it though.

Comment

I feel like I’m going to have to quickly learn to play (gun)lance for Behemoth...

I am hoping that MH players deal with comets better than most of the folks running him in FFXIV, though. There’s enough folks that have no idea how to handle his meteor that there’s even an image macro that’ll regularly get shared to try and help avoid a wipe

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like crystalmoogle.

Comment

God damn they weren't bullcrapping about needing job roles for Behemoth.. trying to do this with a PUG i think will be impossible. You need to have 1 player act as the "tank" and hit the head over and over to get a rage on Behemoth, this then locks all his special moves and target only the player that caused it so you need a shield and plenty of guard. I tried playing healer but ran out of healing items(including all the crafting stuff i could carry) right away healing rubbish players.

What i do like is the music and the new graphics for hit monsters, also help behemoths armour is pretty decent.

Comment

One more group where a bowgun user aims solely at Behemoth’s head and I’m going to scream

Comment

I hear you lol. I when gunlance and tanked it went ok. I got the hate and let the others smack it up but full Insta KO on eclipse meteor... I got caught to as the tornado move had been placed on the closest comet rock... which can be avoided as it a tracks a player before touching down.

Comment

Have now at least got a first clear out of the way, which then leads to you being able to repeat it as an Optional rather than Special Assignment quest. Flash bombing Charybdis seems to be a pretty popular strat; on its own it's not particularly dangerous, but I can see that having a lot of them up in an area can be hell once you also have comets to keep safe (and viable).

I kinda like the fight! It's tough, and while the MMO aspects are really, *really* thinly applied, it's a nice change to the other new additions up until this point.

Comment

Still not managed to beat it in the full slay quest. I gave up counting failures.
                  A HBGunner who knows they need to run to that other players can attack it is fine, it's when they don't know how to deal with the aggro that you get problems. I alternate the Vitality and Temporal mantles while its chasing me.
                  The only times I get KO'd is when it picks me up and smacks me about, then focuses on me and charges before I can get up, nevermind recover. Naturally my teammates mostly watch me died and don't help at all.

Comment

Still without a win. Have found out you can reset hate with a flash and gain quick hate with Dragon slingshot.

Edit... 1 win. Woohoo.
                    Last edited by Tobal; 03-08-2018, 22:21.

Comment

I decided to build a new set for him, which involved the R5 Shades gemmed up with 3 Vitality gems

Comment

I might switch up my Hazak Health-Regen Hammer set rather than gunning. Can't be much worse I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          I might switch up my Hazak Health-Regen Hammer set rather than gunning. Can't be much worse I imagine.
                          I imagine the problem with Vaal's set is stacking alot of minus dragon and fire which will cause more damage to heal. I've mostly gone tanking gunlance and tes's hunting horn (for debuff up and divine 50%), the few DD only i did was with Nerg great sword(regen), barely took damage with this set up and using immunizers for regen and large elemental resist food. Though that does help much as the rest of party just die or messup anyway...

Comment

yay, 4 wins and all the items made, gets alot easier once you get the optional which has filtered out alot of the crappers.

Comment

I should have explained better, I meant my Versus Hazak set, not an actual set of Hazak armour. But I see what you're saying there.

Comment

Watched Ghibli's Nausicaa for the first time in many yrs this weekend and realized the Coral Highlands aesthetic is - to put it politely - somewhat 'inspired by' the Sea of Decay segment in that film. Even the fauna, e.g. the mantagrell. Interesting to compare.

Apologies for the interruption...let the l33t noob bashing recommence!

Comment

Working...
                                X