No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not trying to be overly dramatic here, but if these are genuinely the feelings that you are having while playing this, then I feel very sorry for you.

Comment

Wow, I think this game looks lush. There's loads going on too. Midgies flying about and lovely vistas.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Not trying to be overly dramatic here, but if these are genuinely the feelings that you are having while playing this, then I feel very sorry for you.
        I've not really escaped into the main game yet, these are my initial impressions based upon the ropey intro. It's just dissapointing at a AAA japanese developer can fall so short on the technical aspect of a game in 2018. As a development community I felt that they had started to fall behind the western developers last generation in this regard, I thought they were over it.
        Last edited by EvilBoris; 31-01-2018, 12:36.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Who are you talking too?

Edit- Boris I guess.

Also- wow, I knew the HDR was overly bright, but that’s a big difference- I’ll disable HDR for now.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            I've not really escaped into the main game yet, these are my initial impressions based upon the ropey intro. It's just dissapointing at a AAA japanese developer can fall so short on the technical aspect of a game in 2018. As a development community I felt that they had started to fall behind the western developers last generation in this regard, I thought they were over it.
            You should get out to main game. The intro takes place on massive moving object so it has no where near the detail and interaction found in the other 4 areas, makes HDZ look like sterile rubbish it is (something zelda did to it as well)

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              i think you must be playing a different game as monster hunter looks amazing, that big water wheel had me thinking wow when i first jumped into the hub, The world is so full of detail and life too. Frame rate never dips below 30fps in any mode, graphics mode adds more lighting and shadows and eliminates pop in. 4k mode is pretty much the same as frame rate mode but in 4k.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                Who are you talking too?

Edit- Boris I guess.

Also- wow, I knew the HDR was overly bright, but that’s a big difference- I’ll disable HDR for now.
                Yeah, something aint right, it seems to be fine when it's night time, but all the rest of the time is totally cocked up, totally ruins the appearance. I've turn it off until it's patched.

Comment

Anjanath has sent me packing twice now. I think it's time to get elemental on his bum. Going to hunt that big sea monster and forge the Water tree heavy bow gun and spray him with... water. Let's see who's laughing now eh? lol.

Comment

I may be on after breakfast in a few...wife has a blood test and I'm skipping school.

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                    So I’m enjoying this, but I fear I may get... bored?

I seem to be doing the same things killing the same monsters. Maybe it’s because I’m doing the investigations and there seems to be millions- maybe I should be focusing on the main quest? So far I’ve just gotten to the second area. I removed some
                    boredom by switching to great sword with I did enjoy. I seem to be stuck on th upgrades tree and haven’t had new armour/weapon in a while so maybe that’s it.

I’m loving it in principal, there’s just so much going on that as a newcomer I’m overwhelmed, and end up doing the same things.

Any advice?
                    Quest for the best equipment you can! Go and help out noobs! Make a squad with forumites! Mix up the weapons you're using depending on the monster!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      Anjanath has sent me packing twice now. I think it's time to get elemental on his bum. Going to hunt that big sea monster and forge the Water tree heavy bow gun and spray him with... water. Let's see who's laughing now eh? lol.
                      Elemental isn't that much more damage at least using water which the route i went down first(I had the exact same plan) as i was doing about 12 to 15 dmg a shot for 7mag... use slice, piercing, sticky, cluster and wyvern as without being able to stack elements improvements at this stage the damage per shot is low for the fire rate.

Comment

Ha, must be a coincidence, [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION]!

I also started cultivating Might Seeds last night (although I fear it'll get patched out).

"Might Seed farming
                        Might Seeds are common and you’ll find them on the ground around the ancient forest at the start of the game. You can consume them for a little attack boost, but they’re more valuable to sell. Each Might Seed is worth 140 zenny, which isn’t a lot on its own, but sell them in large amounts and you’ll see a nice payout.

At the botanical research center you can cultivate Might Seeds over time. To make the most of this you’ll need to complete a four-star quest: Persistent Pests. You’ll have to hunt 14 Hornetaurs – an easy task as they’re right outside the camp and easy to kill. Once you complete that you’ll be able to farm Might Seeds, which you can leave cultivating while you go out on quests. Once you have plenty to sell, make sure you always keep one back to cultivate."

Slight discrepancy for me, as I was only allowed to start cultivating the Might Seeds after completing the Prickly Predicament Quest.

I also was having trouble with Anjanath and only the application of a second, tougher player allowed me to eventually beat him.

Can't wait to get home and play some more. I love it when a game grips me like this. I hope it lasts!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                          Elemental isn't that much more damage at least using water which the route i went down first(I had the exact same plan) as i was doing about 12 to 15 dmg a shot for 7mag... use slice, piercing, sticky, cluster and wyvern as without being able to stack elements improvements at this stage the damage per shot is low for the fire rate.
                          This hurts. A sure to work plan in my mind has come crashing down just as I've filled my 60th water balloon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                            your more likely to die if your at range against the Anjanath, the most dangerous thing about this monster is his flame move and his homing flame shots he's a lot easier to handle if you stay away from his face when he starts breathing fire.

my buddy i was playing with over the weekend couldn't seem to grasp how dangerous his head is when in his flame mode and fainted twice, yeah you get bigger numbers hitting him in the head but you also decrease your rewards when you faint, he has a crit spot on his tail too and you will do orange damage numbers on this part of him too, if using a slicing weapon like a sword you also can get the opportunity to remove his tail and carve that for more loot.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 31-01-2018, 15:48.

Comment

Maybe I'll stick to close range with the great sword. Can you get coatings for swords? Could use a wet wipe on it.

Comment

Hopefully you can make it work for you I struggled with the great sword the slow movement kept me on my arse most of the time its why i went with the long sword, as it has the range and makes you a lot more mobile. I'm looking at trying out the switch axe or gun Lance next as i feel I've got about as far as i can with the sword, and it would be good to learn something new.

Comment

Working...
                                X