No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can, but I don't have the full set of Tiger pendants yet, and those are 2x VIP each.

Comment

Did i hear right and this has full transmog on all the armour now?

Comment

They are releasing the layered armour in sections. We have up to Zorah at the moment.

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
        I think you can meld 4×VIP joys tickets in to gold as well.
        10 VIP for 1 Gold. Not a great exchange rate.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          I'm saving up my gold tickets, Wonka-style, and will be using them all together on Christmas morning. I have 6 so far.
          Golds are guaranteed 4-slots I believe, whereas silvers are 1-3 slot but higher ranks. It’s the latter I’m more excited about, but I’m also sure there are some four slot jewels that I’ll be very excited about when I get them.

Comment

Free Element and Handicraft are aboth 3-slot gems. Hard Defense (def+3) and its ilk are 4-slot. It is more common to get combo 4-slot gems rather than hard ones, i.e. Handicraft/Evasion is 4-slot, giving +1 of each. I wish there was a Luck gem, so I could equip a Hard Luck gem

Comment

Big up the Tobal for actually joining a session I was in and doing a couple of hunts with me! I am still terrible at checking who's active when I log, so it was nice to have a friendly face come join me. Between trying to have an IRL conversation at the same time and a phone that wouldn't stop distracting me I perhaps wasn't at my best, but hey, we got Stygian Zinogre and Gold Rathian down - the latter only being my second time against her. Thanks for the help!

Comment

hopefully you have the pieces for the stormslinger, i really enjoy that weapon when the monsters weak to lightning, threading the needle on max damage before my HP drop to 1%.. which did happen a few times on the gold Rathian, panic mode.

Done all the events now, stormslinger maxed, Aloy bow maxed, both HDZ armours, Buff body armour, Pickaxe, ninja scarf, penguin head, olong armour. Just working my way through the level7 forest and wilds for all its tempered monsters and elder dragons, still missing a ton of upgrade items as ??? which are hidden behind the other areas which i aim for after clearing out and getting surplus of items from my current level7's.

Comment

You got all the Tiger pendants as well?

BTW, if you're wondering what to do with the excess Steam tickets (I had ~250 as of yesterday), the Elder Melder can meld them into other items for you.

Comment

Yesterday I discovered the Thermia layered armour, today I got my first Commission Ticket+ and found I could craft Guildwork armour! It's great for gathering and the Alpha set has Detector so that rare collection points show up on your map as well. I'm going to see if that works for bonepiles and mining points in the Guilding Lands. Sadly to get the ticket, me and other hunter had to take out both a gold ian and a silver los. Separately, they are tough, together it was really tense!!

Comment

Although I've been going through the rest of the event stuff quite methodically, there was another big bit of current content I had missed. So yesterday, on the very last day of the event, I started running Safi'jiva. I was expecting this was far too late to get anything meaningful from him, but within about 5 hunts I'd not only got the weapon I wanted (Paralysis CB), but had upgraded it to level 23 for the awakening visual upgrade, and decked it out with a level 6 skill and the rest at 5. I've pushed a Dragon CB up to about 20ish, too. I'm a long way from crafting the armour, but that's fine - I'm not particularly drawn to it anyway, and in the meantime I can head back to guiding lands and continue working on building one of the other meta mixed sets / unlocking their augments.

In terms of the fight, I found it much less irritating than Kulve. No dependence on cannons and the like, and in general it's a much shorter and easier hunt. I'm not so mad about different weapon types being pushed towards different body parts (mainly as I'd like to just sit and slash away at his hind legs), but at least his meteor attack gives a reasonable amount of time - even with the sloth-like sheathing from axe mode, I've yet to get caught out by it.

Comment

Savi set is definitely a pros armour, every swing loses a chunk of HP, and you need to connect 4 or 5 hits on a great sword to get that HP back, think its 7 to 8 on mid weight weapons like long sword, switch axe... but you do get alot of critical (60+ I think) and attack out of it for dealing with that gimmick.

Comment

Saw someone with Rime-something armour the other day, now I need to figure out how I can get that. The winter event being over, I can relax and just jump on once a week or so...until the next update of course.

Comment

The rime stuff I'm pretty such is velkhana armour with the frost guard set bonus

Comment

Well the velkhana set bonus is frostcraft (not whatever i called it before) and i had a go at it, slaps a new blue charge bar next to the sharpness meter. Charges 5 bars of increasing attack power quite fast even without focus, every hit you land depletes the bar by 1 and thankfully whiffing doesn't count. So i set about building set with it, luckily had a savi great sword (poison) with Barrioth set on it to get punishing draw, so 1 barrioth head and body to toes in Velkhana rimeguard, then stuck in earplug neck, 2 more in dec's, 3 focus combos which luckily had 2 of the focus's with HP/vitality on it, 1 more dec to cap draw, vitality then 3 single slots for free use (swap in and out resists or gobblers). basically this lets me charge the 1st hit to 230-300 damage, and slinger to lvl3 charge for 400-800 depending on where i hit the weak parts.

Just need to upgrade the earplugs neck to 4, so i can free up a slot for critical damage.

Comment

Just realised we've got another event on before the end of the month. Hooooo boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X