No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easiest money i've found is goldfish scale, you can easily with zero bait fish up golden fish inthe acid pools at the bottom of the vale, 1000g a pop and you get one every time you fish one up.

Comment

So getting to play it a bit now, quite enjoying it. Kinda reminds me of PSO, graphics are much better once you are past that awful intro. Very lush and glowey

Comment

Solo'd Anjanath and the

Zorah capture

before bed this morning. My Tobi Kadachi charge blade helped out a lot with Anjanath...even though I fainted twice while trying to find my wife's gloves...

I like answering distress flares from others as you can just jump in an kill whatever it is pretty quickly and reap the rewards with less hassle. HR5 and climbing.

Comment

So if I want to farm some tobe kadachi it might be best to to SOS calls? I don't have any investigations for it yet.

HR5 here also. Managed to take down Anjanath (not solo, but it was a long slog).

Comment

I blinked and [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] is now level 11 or something!

He deserves an award for patience because not only did he offer to help me in the next couple of missions, he patiently waited whilst I bimbled about trying to get past some cut scene or other so he could join me. Normally for the last few minutes.

I get that it must break if you've not all seen the cut scenes, so I guess we just have to accept it, but it's a ball-ache that you can't even speak to each other until then if you're using in-game comms.

Anyway, we (he) beat lavazilla (Zorah Magdaros), but I spent ages trying every button config to reload the giant crossbows, before realising the crates of arrows weren't just for decoration. D'oh.

Then did the first Coral Highlands mission against the rat-faced pufferbird (Paolumu).

Wow, it's pretty! I managed to take a breath for a moment and was in awe at the rays of sunlight peaking through the clouds, the dust particles in the air to make it look like you're underwater, the glowing jellyfish and the anemones that hide when you approach them. They've made something incredibly deep and visually pleasing here.

Comment

I joined fuse but couldn’t actually join any of his missions because of the level difference which was a disappointment- it was only an investigation.

Anyhoo, joined the guild- what does the guild actually do?

Comment

If anything, I just enjoy saying the words 'Tobi Kadachi'. If I ever have another kid...

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  I think my biggest annoyance is that the HDR mode is totally broken (it’s the same on PS4 too apparently), that really ruins everything. I suppose it makes a change from the black crush.
                  It is annoying. I've found a half way house work around which i'm happy with at the moment. Set to HDR, max the in-game colour and, counter intuitively, bump the brightness up to 3. Then dial back the brightness on the tv a notch or two. I'm playing on a 2017 LG OLED and it has worked a treat for me.

Comment

So each area has an apex predator and these are supposed to be the hardest enemy's in that area, you also get unique items for taking these down (monster bone +) which i need to level my weapons. On looking up each areas apex predator it seems the story has skipped the Diablos as this is the desert apex, no doubt we will fight it later.

So far the Anjanath seems to be the hardest thing to take down due to its flame mode, I've taken down a lot of other stuff including the coral highlands apex preditor and a few of the monsters in the rotten vale but even going back to the first area you still need to be extra careful fighting the Anjanath (as i found out last night helping some freinds) his homing fame still dose 90% damage to me and one hit Ko's my lower level teammates.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 01-02-2018, 10:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      I've taken down a lot of other stuff including the coral highlands apex preditor
                      You still rocking a Long Sword, 'Bowski?
                      If so, which one or do you mix 'n' match depending on who you're fighting (water Vs. Anjanath, for example).

Comment

I’ve switched to great sword now- loving it. I found myself button mashing with quicker weapons, which with the lock on not making you face the target- I was missing a lot. Great swords require you to not do so, and I find myself hitting stuff more regular- and doing good damage. Also helps it breaks bits off easier too.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
                          It is annoying. I've found a half way house work around which i'm happy with at the moment. Set to HDR, max the in-game colour and, counter intuitively, bump the brightness up to 3. Then dial back the brightness on the tv a notch or two. I'm playing on a 2017 LG OLED and it has worked a treat for me.
                          I’ve had to use a non standard gamma curve on my TV which has helped mitigate it slightly.
                          Interestingly it’s the first game where I’ve actually seen an immediate reduction in colour banding (on the character screen) so it’s good to see that they are at least using 10bit colour

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            You still rocking a Long Sword, 'Bowski?
                            If so, which one or do you mix 'n' match depending on who you're fighting (water Vs. Anjanath, for example).
                            i just have the lvl 4 electric long sword and the lvl 4 bone one at the mo. to mix it up i use the bow which is a lot of fun and looks cool as f when you scrape the arrow along the floor for the power shot. to kill the apex preditor in the coral highlands i took in the heavy bow gun with a shield mod, hes a flying wyvern and spends a lot of time in the air so being able to just blast him out the sky is a lot of fun, it was super quick to take him down too compared to the long sword.

Comment

A little fun from yesterday, investigation to hunt both wyverns in 50mins... now for some reason my teammates are off elsewhere instead of fighting... and it turns in a 4 way fight between the 2 wyverns, turkey-rex and myself.. though most of that is me running and dodging till they all turn up. Below is me filling a wyverns face full of slicers and 2nd is finding out wyvernsniper goes through multiple monsters

Comment

I can't believe I've not made any videos yet. Sharefactory has a free MHW theme to download as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X