R-Type Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo-V6
    Very good. Im defo after Ikaruga and Skikigami now.
    Hows it compare to Ikaruga btw, Ikaruga more hardcore?

Comment

I havent played either fo them mate. I'll be raiding the bargain bins in the shops at the end of the month though.

Somebody else on here will be able to tell you about the 2 compared surely??

Comment

I found final to be a lot more fun than ikaruga.

Shigigami is on the way as well

Comment

last wednesday I've played R-type delta, and I love that game, looks great and plays great, Yesterday I went to a friend of mine who has bought R-type Final , and I was planning to buy it, but I thought I first check it out at his place, I have seen all(?) 6 levels, and all I can say that it looks ok but nothing special (I think Delta looks better), and there is a LOT of slowdown, and the levels are very short,
          But what is the deal with level 5 ?? is it supposed to look so incredibly blocky (like bad mode7 graphics) or is that a bug in the game ? because it's not all the time so bad ?

Comment

Woolies have RType Final in their latest ps2 offer....... buy one get one free! ans it`s ?30!

Comment

It's ?17,99 at Play.com

Is the pal version any good btw?

Comment

Yeah it's fine. It has 60hz and stuff.

Comment

ordered it from play this afternoon, cant wait!
                  only cost me 36p!

Comment

r-type final is da **** (hihi, dont know if i can say that here)

little slow to begin with

but its a huge grower 8)

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce
                      last wednesday I've played R-type delta, and I love that game, looks great and plays great, Yesterday I went to a friend of mine who has bought R-type Final , and I was planning to buy it, but I thought I first check it out at his place, I have seen all(?) 6 levels, and all I can say that it looks ok but nothing special (I think Delta looks better), and there is a LOT of slowdown, and the levels are very short,
                      But what is the deal with level 5 ?? is it supposed to look so incredibly blocky (like bad mode7 graphics) or is that a bug in the game ? because it's not all the time so bad ?
                      I agree with this opinion. I found Delta to be a more enjoyable game somehow.
                      I got bored with Final after a week. The slowdown helps when there is a lot of enemy fire but on next-gen hardware they really should have done more quality assurance.

Comment

It's now ?15 in Woolies - half price sale or somethin' - means you don't have to buy a "filler" game to make it up to ?30!

Comment

I got it from woolies on BOGOF but I got Pitfall with it an tbh, I think Pitfall was more than worth ?15 anyway, was such a lovely romp anyway back to R-Type so far I prefer Border Down tho admittedly I havn't had much time to pump into it...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by y-izzit
                            r-type final is da **** (hihi, dont know if i can say that here)

little slow to begin with

but its a huge grower 8)
                            I agree with this. Initially (once the graphics wow factor wears off) R-Type Final's weird pacing makes it difficult to really enjoy right away. It's a different kind of shmup. One you have to grow into. Sit back and absorb the story and the series history. Think about the starfighter designs, tinker with the canopy and hull colours in your garage. Get comfortable with the minimalist movie-score-like music, and get familiar with the dynamic stage progression on offer. First at lowest difficulties (which you need to play through anyway to unlock everything) then working your way up to the killer challenges with your favorite crafts

Comment

I was thinking of getting this but Im more interested in Gradius 5. I can't do without the 2 player mode in these types of games anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by imzu
                                I agree with this opinion. I found Delta to be a more enjoyable game somehow.
                                I got bored with Final after a week. The slowdown helps when there is a lot of enemy fire but on next-gen hardware they really should have done more quality assurance.
                                the people in charge of releasing it dont really give a **** about slowdown issues as long as the game works fine. they're testers would without a doubt be reporting these issues, they have to play them about 7 hours a day.

At one point though just before the game was released in japan they found a really bad bug which delayed it for awhile.

dont blame the testers on these issues. i would know what its like, its a pain in the ass finding those issues that would annoy most gamers and the coders or people in charge wont do a bloody thing about them. my last couple of jobs was qa.

Comment

Working...
                                X