R-Type Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resurrection!

So I bought this game when it first came out in the UK, and traded it in for some silly, silly reason. On an impulse decision, I decided to buy it again on ebay and won it for all of 34p. Had a look around Gamestation, GAME, etc, and couldn't find a single copy of this new or pre-owned.

It came today and i've been hammering it all day. God it's a bit good isn't it? I have absolutely no reason why I traded it in the first place! Currently only unlocked 19 odd ships, but i've had stupid amounts of fun doing it, despite the fact that I keep getting killed RIGHT at the beginning of the last stage.

Anybody else still playing this blast from the past?

Comment

Wish I could (sad smiley face). Loved the pacing of it - there's a real feeling of inevitabilty to Final as opposed to the brave pushing forward of other scrollers - you almost 'don't' want to see anything else, but this is balanced by the feeling of power you get from the force and other power ups.

I think it's really really good, basically. Pisses all over treasures's Gadius V - Edge's retrospective about a year ago is worth hunting down too...

Comment

Not played it for a while but I still have it and it's a favourite of mine, I played it for absolutely ages at first but don't have the save now!!

Bought a fed scrollers in the past few weeks so now I have R-Type Final, Gunbird Special Edition, XII Stag, Psyvariar Complete Edition, Steel Dragon Ex, Gradius III, IV &V to get through now.

Just remembered I have R-Type Delta & R-Types downloaded on the PS3/PSP as well as quite a few classics on my Capcom Classics I & II set!!! Just don't have enough time lol.

While we're on the subject, can anybody think of any other games like this worth getting to play on my PAL PS3? Any advice from the shmup experts would be appreciated!!

Comment

If its PAL games your looking for 505 gamestreet brought quite a few japanese shooters onto euro market also a few other companies brought out budget (slip through) releases.

The likes of....

Sol Divide
          Raiden III
          Homura
          Dragon Blaze
          Gigawing Generations
          Samurai Aces
          Tengai
          Castle of Shikigami 2
          Mobile Light Force 2
          Gunbird Special Edition
          1945 Arcade Versions

You should be able to get MOST of those for under a tenner each, bar maybe Homura and Raiden 3.

Comment

Thanks!!

Yeah, I sold on my chipped PS2 so I only have my PAL PS3 to play them on now.

Comment

Don't bother with 1945 Arcade versions though, it's pony in the extreme.

Comment

Working...
              X