No announcement yet.

Yakuza 6 (PS4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished it on SX after starting a few weeks ago putting in a few hours in and there, short for Yakuza game which mainly down to alot of the side content not being essential to levelling up for the first time ever. Didn't enjoy the combat, felt like the out of control spasms from moving Drake around in uncharted, so i stuck it on easy and brute forced my way with rage mode and heat bottles on bosses which for spectacle felt completely tame compared to every other game, all the QTE's where half boss HP rage mode changes showing a self defence to boss attack and not a single one used for finishing the fight in an awesome way.

Biggest crime was how wooden the cutscenes are, little life in those faces when talking. Felt i missed a pile of side content, never saw the pub friends, fishing and hostess clubs thinking back on it, nothing pointed me in those directions from the main story or what what i did of the side missions.

Story was alright, the reveal was bonkers and least the final badguys being right little bastards you wanted deck. The letter at the end was bit weird, i never really thought of

Daigo and Kiryu like that

, i would much preferred to have Kiryu call Haruka his daughter.

5/10 needed more Majima. Have K1, K2 and 7 to left to play... thinking i'll skip K1 and 2, i'd rather keep the rose tinted memories of playing the Ps2 games at the time of release and knowing the story ruins it bit for me, so 7 it is.

Comment

Working...
    X