Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDF! EDF! Hai Hai Hoooooooo!

Comment

I think I'll be offline for a couple of days and try to get better weapons and more armour.

Good fun last night

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        I think I'll be offline for a couple of days and try to get better weapons and more armour.

Good fun last night
        Just keep playing online but set to normal. I don't mind playing on lower settings, as I've only really levelled up the ranger. I said this to chimpy the other day, we should all go through on normal first.

Comment

I do feel a bit bad dragging n00bs through these tougher levels, but you reap the rewards and every single mission you survive bumps up your armour from all the crates that've been dropped.

I agree with VP that going through on Normal difficulty is a good idea as there still plenty of challenge, but you're bumping up your health for each consecutive mission and getting ready for the next difficulty up.

Not sure on who you've settled on playing yet, [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION], but you were pretty good as a Wing Diver, I thought.
          I'm not sure what weapons you've picked up yet, but I've been using one short-range that packs a punch and one long-range.
          The Spark Vines and Spark Whips are good as they have 20 shots. If you're down to 1 shot, you can boost outta there and recharge somewhere quiet(er).

Closed Laser M2 lets me charge up, then take out a frog at distance, if nothing gets in the way.
          I've quite enjoyed being on top of a building and sniping some amphibian faces whilst enjoying the eagle-eye view of everything going on.

I also swapped L2 and L3, so zooming in is a stick click and boosting is a button.
          I find myself needed to cane it out of a hot zone and tapping a button feels better than clicking the stick.
          Maybe that would work for your sprinting ranger, [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION]?

One of my highlights so far, was flying into battle and hearing a beeping sound, only to look down and see [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] pootling along in his Bedford Rascal to face the attack!

Is everyone enjoying themselves so far? I'm worried I've over-hyped the game, but I'm having a blast.
          Don't want you to feel you're knocked out more than being on the attack.

Comment

Lets go through on normal, I still have fencer, wing diver and support one which are barely used.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Not sure on who you've settled on playing yet, [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION], but you were pretty good as a Wing Diver, I thought.
              I stick to the Wing Diver

My sister got bored watching me play without her, so I gave her the controller for a couple of levels (she's a Ranger)

I guess you can't have 2 local players join an online session?

Comment

Normal seems about right at the moment. It's tough, but do-able with caution and strategy and you still feel like a boss.

"No sense of spectacle"

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                  I guess you can't have 2 local players join an online session?
                  You CAN!

Comment

You CAN!
                    Whoops

Comment

One of my highlights so far, was flying into battle and hearing a beeping sound, only to look down and see @randombs pootling along in his Bedford Rascal to face the attack!
                      I had to turn the sound down on my TV as I was wondering what all the beeping was!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        I had to turn the sound down on my TV as I was wondering what all the beeping was!
                        Gas man.

That could refer to either Prinny or the blokes digging up the pavement after that leak in the house across the street.

Comment

Yeah

Comment

Wagon Box Chimp.

I said that the game’s big kaijus were a bit gash. Compared to the super Godzilla and centipede of EDF2, the pissy kaijus on EDF5 are a bit small fry. Even the big spidda and giant insects of IA had more presence than Generic RolyPoly Rocky Minya of 5.

I also said that the frogs and greys and the screen filling with hundreds of enemies was unsurpassed, and that Japanese EDFs can’t be bettered for that.

You mis-quoting dog hound.

Comment

Dragon Centipedes (also shortened to just Centipedes) are a boss enemy in Global Defence Force, and in the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita versions of the game. They also appear in Earth Defense Force: World Brothers' DLC called Additional Mission Pack: Another ResCUBE. In smaller clusters, they are instead known as Dragon Worms. However, both types act the same: Each segment charges up and then launches a mortar-like spray of acid that travels upwards and then down in an arc towards w

Last edited by prinnysquad; 02-03-2020, 17:52.

Comment

I took some screenshots.

Dino getting blasted by those laser cannons:

Spaceman unmasked!

Observing the battlefield and the march of frogs.

I'll save you!

Comment

Working...
                                X