No announcement yet.

Red Dead Redemption II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbh, running it at 60fps on PC doesn't really make all that much difference to this game. There's less stutter when things get hectic but I think the insanely OTT slow animation in the game offsets most of the gain

Comment

I still think this game is phenomenal.

I spent months just exploring the wilderness and the amazing map that Rockstar made.
      I would spent many a happy hour just seeing what they put in there, with nothing to do with the main game.

It felt like a walking sim or something at times, just a world to explore.

By the time I'd explored the whole map and started the story, I was fairly attached to my character and it played out his story really well.

I don't think we'll see many more games like this again, sadly.

Comment

It's an odd world where with its 25m+ sales Take Two probably looks at RDR2's online support wrapping up and considers the game somewhat of a failure.

Honestly, at this point I don't really understand why Grand Theft Auto Online isn't just treated like a separate individual game where they can add new land areas, missions, items, vehicles etc as they please over the long term via a smaller team then have a different team work on RDR, GTA etc single player titles again to benefit from the best of both worlds.

Big as GTA is, I imagine Take Two looks at Call of Duty with envy still

Comment

RDR2 Online was a lovely experience too.
          We all got a bit addicted because you're rewarded for logging in and doing one activity, with an increasing multiplier for consecutive days. It became a habit where we'd just spend 30 minutes just doing a task at lunch, but some days spending hours Hoovering them all up.
          The multiplayer game I excelled at most was the wild animal photography contest!
          It was actually quite tense trying to capture the dangerous animals without being spotted as you had no guns to defend yourself!
          The last few seconds, trying to snap the last few pics was pulse-pounding!

However, it's such a shame R* didn't spend as much time and energy on this as GTA.
          We would've loved doing a few more bank heists together or train robberies.

I said before, but switching to GTAO afterwards was overwhelming at how bloody noisy the game was in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Tbh, running it at 60fps on PC doesn't really make all that much difference to this game. There's less stutter when things get hectic but I think the insanely OTT slow animation in the game offsets most of the gain
            It’s the blurry backgrounds at 30fps, my eyes can’t handle it nowadays at all, makes me want to vomit.

Comment

Yep, given R*'s decade long love of milking I'm surprised it's taken so long for a RDR2 Enhanced to release

Comment

Working...
              X