• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range

Just what you see partner!
    "Hey! You can't do that!"
    "Wrooong."

The game is great, obviously, but I'm constantly wondering how they could play with the idea like with Undead Nightmare, maybe linking to the time traveller, the giant, the vampire or even going full Westworld and you realise you're just an automaton and seek revenge on your human masters in the control facility under the mountain.

Comment

What's the maturity level like in this, compared to something like just cause 3 or BF1?

Comment

In what context?

It's less silly but crammed full of rude words.

Comment

I'm pinning this one on QC just like Monster Hunter World earlier this year... already caved and got the game back gonna just treat it as a separate long term slow burner in between other stuff that I play more front and centre

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            I'm pinning this one on QC just like Monster Hunter World earlier this year... already caved and got the game back gonna just treat it as a separate long term slow burner in between other stuff that I play more front and centre
            I was mulling over my GotY earlier because this is a rare year where I've played multiple games on current gen that came out this year (normally it's just an EDF!).

I think MH:W tops this, but it's such a lovely experience to get lost in.
            The missions are great and all, but my main thrill in open world games is exploring and doing some mundane task to give me a buff.

You have issues just letting one game take over all your gaming time!

Mate, you must be a nightmare at a food court. No matter what meal you've chosen, you want to be trying everything out!

I might leave the hunting and get on to finding the stone carvings.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              In what context?

It's less silly but crammed full of rude words.
              In the context of my 12 year old playing it. Normally I'd play a game first before allowing him if appropriate, but my memory of RDR1 is a bit wooly - a lot of fun but can't remember how much it would affect him.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                In the context of my 12 year old playing it. Normally I'd play a game first before allowing him if appropriate, but my memory of RDR1 is a bit wooly - a lot of fun but can't remember how much it would affect him.
                Okay, well, it's not as bad as GTA, because the radio is always playing songs, adverts and DJs with swearing throughout.
                There's no radio on the horse, so just dramatic Western music.

The people in the game swear all the time from cutscenes to random passers by.

So if you want NO swearing, walk on by.

As for content, there's some mature themes in there, but I guess you can use them as a launch point for discussion.

I've not played enough of the main game to pass comment, I'm mainly arsing about, but if you're alright with him shooting people and them swearing about it, he should be fine.

Don't blame me if he has nightmares/starts swearing like a cowboy though!

Comment

On the other hand you can hog tie people and leave them screaming on the train tracks, not that I tried such a thing.

Or take someone’s head clean off with a repeater rifle.

Or skin an animal back to the flesh.

Edit: and my personal favourite, running the newspaper boy over with your horse.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 26-11-2018, 19:34.

Comment

Sounds brilliant

Comment

Don't blame me if he has nightmares/starts swearing like a cowboy though!

Or the neighbourhood pets start dissapearing and Charlesr starts gaining lots of new clothes that are “gifts”.

Comment

I finished this the other day. A fantastic game all the way through that's well worth anyone's time and money.
                        I've got a few white side quests to do and I still need to open up the Red Dead Redemption 1 area of the map in full so I'll be doing this little by little over time. There are also many places I'd like to explore too. One good point is that I no longer have to worry about case with 30,000 dollars at my disposal

Comment

I find the game has a very liberal use of swearing, it really tries to avoid it as much as it can. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I’ve heard the F word although the dialogue can be adult oriented. It’s very much an adult game but strangely the language isn’t as potty mouthed as GTA, it’s a much more mature experience.

Comment

Bit spoilery, Yak, but whatever. :/

Thought I'd "pop" on last night to shoot those three measly rabbit pelts for rank 2 of Master Hunter.

So yeah, I went to bed at almost 1am. :/

You'd think it'd be easy as you're literally running over rabbits as you're riding about, but nooooo.
                            It has to be a perfect pelt and it has to be a rabbit.
                            Every bloody animal was out joining the party that should've been exclusively for rabbits.
                            Seriously, last night I saw deer, muskrats, badgers, hyenas, coyotes, rats, crows, hawks, wild boar and as the night set in, owls and bats! I didn't even know there were bats in the game!

In the end, instead of slowly stalking around, I took to my horse and rode around and around in circles trying to find chuffin' rabbits.
                            I killed two rabbits with one stone by getting the three perfect pelts and shooting them from horseback, meaning I was on the next level of Master Hunter and also Horseman.

The next Horseman level after that was jump three obstacles in 15 seconds - no problem.
                            The next level is to race between two locations, which I might try tonight.

As for Master Hunter, the next rank see you tracking 10 different animals with your binoculars. I got about 4 done, but my horse kept throwing me off - right by crocs! (animal, not the rubber clogs)

I also went a rank up on Herb expert by finding 6 yarrow. Eat 4 different berries is next, one of which I've done.

Somebody from the camp came looking for me and I went back with him because Dutch wants to speak to me.
                            I mean, I've just dropped nearly $500 in the kitty and brought back over a tonne of meat for everyone, but I'm away for a few days and everyone wants to know where I am.

I mean, I'm sure one of the fifty people in camp, milling around playing blackjack and dominoes, snoozing and dishing out helpful advice could leave the camp and chip in, but don't strain yourselves, gang. :/

Comment

Bit spoilery, Yak, but whatever. :/
                              /
                              should be fine since even Digital Foundry mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                should be fine since even Digital Foundry mentioned it.
                                It's okay, we're still digital friends!

Comment

Working...
                                X