No announcement yet.

VR Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think not too many people owning VR has an effect in n people even knowing the game.
    I'd like to experience this but sadly, no VR

Comment

Big news.

So from next month, as they announced last year, Meta will no longer need users to have a Facebook account to use Oculus devices again. They're shifting over to a new account system that exists "between" all their services, kinda like how you can have a Google account, but not necessarily have GMail, or Google+ (back when that existed).

It's not a real-name network; you have to give your real name etc. as part of the account creation process but users will be identified by usernames and screen-names, and while you can link your FB or Instagram profiles (and there'll be benefits for doing so, like being able to talk on FB Messenger from within the headset) you don't have to do this.

So broadly it means that the new account system will function like SEN accounts on Playstation, or Xbox Live accounts. Which, admittedly, Oculus accounts already did that before Facebook changed them over a year ago, but still.

Comment

Excellent news. I’d have been tempted to keep my rift s if I’d known they’d back down. Might pick up a quest now but I need to read up on how good it is as a pc vr headset. I’ve heard that there’s all kinds of image quality issues. I’d love the better controllers the quest has though; wmr ones are awful by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Might pick up a quest now but I need to read up on how good it is as a pc vr headset.
          It's broadly equivalent to the Rift S; though admittedly, if you intend to use it purely as a PCVR headset and never wirelessly or on its own, the Rift S is still the better choice.

Like, for nearly everyone, the Quest 2 is better, but if you're absolutely PCVR only, I believe the Rift S has a slightly better display and is physically smaller and lighter, due to not having so much hardware on-board.

EDIT: Also, forgot to say, I bought RUINSMAGUS tonight - but it's a 3gb download so I thought I'd set it going and try it out tomorrow.
          Last edited by Asura; 08-07-2022, 21:23.

Comment

Quest 2 has way higher resolution than rift s! It's nearer to reverb resolution, which you kinda need for simulations.

I can't do any vr that involves waving arms about in my office as there's not enough space, but my living room is big so untethered would be cool. Why not get both I suppose?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Quest 2 has way higher resolution than rift s! It's nearer to reverb resolution, which you kinda need for simulations.

I can't do any vr that involves waving arms about in my office as there's not enough space, but my living room is big so untethered would be cool. Why not get both I suppose?
              Perhaps, but it's not all about resolution - frame rate, OLED and fov make a big difference too.

Comment

Had a short session to kick off RUINSMAGUS, and it's fun!

Some things are a bit clunky, but they're clunky in a "makes sense if you remember this is a JRPG"-kinda way. That will probably garner it both negative and positive reviews. But it looks good, the mechanics are initially interesting and I think it's gonna be pretty fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Perhaps, but it's not all about resolution - frame rate, OLED and fov make a big difference too.
                  Oh I know. For simulations though resolution is everything.

Comment

Might be some bargains on Steam next week
                    Valve is set to host a new Steam festival dedicated to VR titles next week. Steam VR Fest was quietly confirmed at the beginning of June, before even last month’s broader Steam Next Fest had taken place. Running from July 18 – 25, the event will be “celebrating the world

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                      Might be some bargains on Steam next week
                      https://uploadvr.com/steam-vr-fest-next-week/
                      Oh great! Will have to check this out.

Comment

Resident Evil 4 VR is done now, overall I enjoyed it though the game does run a little bit too much on the long side for the experience I found. Some sections, especially in the castle, dragged on and there are a few confrontations that oppose the majority of the game by feeling more awkward for the perspective shift. Overall though a successful transition.

I spent time on Until You Fall as well but found this one was a very repetitive title that got old fast without really feeling that much different than other options on the device.

Comment

The Curious Tale of Stolen Pets
                          A little puzzle game where you play a girl being guided through her memories/dreams by her Granddad after he discovers you no longer talk to your sister. You are faced with dioramas that you have to spin and interact with to complete and find the missing animals. The diorama set up suits VR really well but it's a simple game completed in a single sitting. The story doesn't land either, remaining window dressing. Nice but errs too close to the 'experience' titles.

Comment

Rez Infinite
                            I enjoy it... but... it's not really the leap it's sometimes made out to be. It's style still carries it a lot and I still prefer some other shooters, the VR makes a visual impact but once that initial novelty fades you kind of realise it isn't adding anything to the gameplay experience. It's a bit of a smoke and mirrors job.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Rez Infinite
                              I enjoy it... but... it's not really the leap it's sometimes made out to be. It's style still carries it a lot and I still prefer some other shooters, the VR makes a visual impact but once that initial novelty fades you kind of realise it isn't adding anything to the gameplay experience. It's a bit of a smoke and mirrors job.
                              I felt the exact same thing. It looks pretty but, for me, the game didn't actually benefit from being in VR.

Comment

Rez (Area X) is still the ultimate VR experience for me (sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record).

Comment

Working...
                                X