No announcement yet.

Doom Eternal - PS4 / Xbox One / PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished the two DLCs having had to - shame of shames - knock the difficulty down to 'I'm too Young to Die' (aka Easy). And that was plenty hard enough for me.

The whole DLC banquet was predicated on the idea of spamming multiple versions of all the super-heavy demons at once into crowded arenas, with up to five different ways they could be buffed or multi-buffed for even further speed and damage, as well as demons requiring one shot kills in limited timeframes. Messy and frustrating.

Inexplicably, the platforming/mid-air shooting sections were back and more frustrating than ever with a new grappling tool.

The bosses were terrible. Basically they were thinly-veiled horde modes and hid behind waves of super-buffed enemies, as well as moving environmental hazards for the first DLC. The second DLC boss was a hulking version of the most annoying enemy in the game (Marauder), combining the briefest time-window in which it could take any damage with the ability to heal almost fully whenever it damaged you - something it could do constantly

via sword lunges and swipes, AOE grenade carpet-bombing, and a shield rush.

This joker also had five full health bars to whittle through. Given the boss's healing ability, plus your own healing ability by farming health and shields from the handily-spawning zombies, this fight could go on literally forever. It felt like it did.

Overall, and despite from some fantastic environments, the pacing and difficulty of this DLC was all to hell. The devs seemed to just throw every trick they had into every encounter, all the time. I found it a truly obnoxious way to round out an otherwise terrific game.
    Last edited by Golgo; 25-01-2022, 12:06.

Comment

Working...
    X