Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I don't even know what gyroids you're talking about yet! I just got a couple of fragments.

Did I see in the Direct a way to add permanent ladders? Anyone know how that is done?
    Plant those fragments back home on your island and then water your crack it should start steaming, come back the next day and dig up to get roids. Seems you can't get fragments on your home island you have to do it on the kappn trip islands so it's gonna costa bomb in nook miles as islands only usually have a few cracks at best.

Kind of wished the museum had a section for gyroids so you could display them in their respective sets and play with them in there it's a huge oversight from nintendo but having them in at all i guess i should be grateful as i missed the buggers SOOOO much.
    Last edited by importaku; 05-11-2021, 12:21.

Comment

Few little things I’ve noticed:

None of the new achievements seem to require the Happy Home DLC.

The smoothie recipe you get is based on your native fruit (mine is Orange). No idea if you can get the others…

The Sloppy furniture range is back. Had a Sloppy sofa in my recycle bin today. Don’t sell them as the only way you can get them is from the bin. (Like the manky clothes you sometimes get).

My washed up bottle DIY was a food recipe, so you can definitely get them from those. Maybe balloons too?

Vines are a crafting material as well as a ladder replacement. The glowing mossy weeds might be too?

When you unlock Redd at Harv’s island, he has a new raffle. The prizes are all the food items that you see your villagers munching on. There’s thirty to collect. It’s semi-random, but very fair, took me about 45 tickets to get the set with some spares. The books and magazines you get are customisable by the alpaca chap.

The fish that I’ve caught that have generated recipes so far are:
      Barred knifejaw
      Sea bass
      Horse mackerel
      Dab
      Olive flounder
      Red snapper
      Anyone got any others yet?
      I’ve started harvesting fish bait again, as I’m pretty sure some of the rarer fish will have recipes tied to them.
      No river fish/bugs/shells/sea critters/fruit have generated any yet?

If you speak to Blathers he’ll give you a poster representing any of the sections of the museum that you’ve completed. They’re very nice.

Only found one gyroid fragment on each of the two Kapp’n islands I’ve been to so far. May take a while to get these.
      It’s raining all day in my town today, so I’ll see how many turn up tomorrow.

Comment

Oh. And check your Nook Shopping too.
        I had a new item show up in there today (Giant water tank - 44,000), and the new KK Slider songs are on rotation too.

Comment

And there’s new items to redeem your points for in the on-line phone app thing too!

Comment

On the Kapp'n island there is a DIY bottle on there too. My first was on a moss/ vine island and I got a glow moss bodysuit and today some glow in the dark stickers (wall item im guessing) from the bottles..

Had a little go on HHP today (im still poorly so its hard to focus) and I did 3 activities (2 houses and went back to take a photo of first room I did).
            Didn't realise for the first one you could go out to decorate, I just assumed it would tell/ invite me or I totally missed it. I did those 3 activites which was enough to buy all the first items in their shop.

Did you know you can Clap, laugh or be shocked at what Kappin is singing?

Thanks for the tip for Sloppy furnature! Also I LOVE these new gyroids!

Comment

If anyone is tempted by the DLC, but not picked it up yet, it's £16.85 at ShopTo.

Comment

So, I got 3 packs of the series 5 cards as that was the maximum I could order at one time. 6 cards per pack, and I ended up with 4 swaps, including Sable, one of the special cards. Hmm. Right now BestBuy will get stock next week...but shipping is $47 as they will only send by Fedex ground!?

I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                  If anyone is tempted by the DLC, but not picked it up yet, it's £16.85 at ShopTo.
                  Similar price on cdkeys too

Buy Animal Crossing: Happy Home Paradise Switch for EU ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download code ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Game DLC ✔️

Comment

AAAAAHHHHHH! I opened up my island today and found new mail from some of you guys and it almost brought tears to my eyes. Thank you! I have missed Animal Crossing and this new update brought me back. I feel like my island needs a lot of work. The flowers and weeds are out of control.

Comment

AAAAAHHHHHH! I opened up my island today and found new mail from some of you guys and it almost brought tears to my eyes. Thank you! I have missed Animal Crossing and this new update brought me back. I feel like my island needs a lot of work. The flowers and weeds are out of control.
                      If you don't want to fart around weeding, leif now offers a travelling weeding service, not sure if he offers it while travelling and visiting like normal but once you pay to unlock him at harvs campground he offers it there. The campground is stupidly useful for a lot of stuff no more waiting to see if certain visiting sellers turn up, the only ones not perm at the campground are joan, celeste & wisp.

Still working my way through the content haven't even tried the paid stuff yet but i did buy it as i took advantage of the cdkeys offer bigedd posted in one of the other therads where they were selling it for £16
                      Last edited by importaku; 06-11-2021, 12:29.

Comment

That’s handy - I have Leif opening up tomorrow! There really is a load of stuff in the update, even before you get into the paid DLC. My only one criticism so far is that the islands Kapp’n brings you on so far seem to be very dull, like the airplane ones. It would have been nice if they were kind of special or you got to see or do different things there.

Comment

There's a gyroid fragment on each one at least.

Comment

Yep but that’s the only reason to take the trip, right?

Comment

Yep but that’s the only reason to take the trip, right?
                              The DIYs you find there are ‘related’ to the type of island.
                              Island with vines and moss? Chances are you’ll get a vine or moss DIY
                              Island with veggies growing? Chances are you’ll get a food DIY

They’ve used this to add extra seasonal DIYs to ranges that were complete:
                              Island with cherry blossom trees?
                              New cherry blossom DIY, etc…
                              Bit frustrating if you think you’ve already completed some sets, because they seem to have added new ones to most of the sets.
                              Apparently there are additional Celeste DIYs now too.

I thing the main reason they introduced the new islands is to help people get out-of-season items (fish, bugs, sea critters, crafting materials).

My rainy day yesterday spawned me two grown-up buried gyroid today.

Comment

I got two as well, in addition to the fragments I found on the Kap'n Island, and the one that

Brewster gave me

5 gyroids and counting!

Comment

Working...
                                X