No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the ones that coughed up for happy home designer or whatever they decided to call it on switch, are people gonna share pics of their creations this time as it got pretty lonely in the 3DS thread when no bugger was playing it besides myself. Gonna have a proper go today, the fact the switch version has wonderful lighting i'm looking forward to seeing what i can make especially now there's an even better camera system for taking pics.. I'm also hoping that the videogame set of items are in the update like in the 3DS one with all the game store stuff like the wii demo kiosks & amiibo stands and even the famicom disk writer.

Comment

After getting this during lockdown last year I kind of liked it but it didn’t really take (my first Animal Crossing game). Then yesterday on my day off I banged it on and I’m really enjoying it. I have to laugh at how much the other islanders are rubbing it in about my prolonged absence, saying they thought I was long dead, shark attack or something

Still early days, just about to get an extension on my house and build a new shop. Biggest goal right now is that new coffee shop in the museum. Looks fab.

Comment

Well happy home paradise is just as charming as i remember HHD been, the new 1st person camera they added in the last update is a total game changer it's so weird to be that close up inside your house creations it almost feels like you are there in person. Annoyingly i'm super screwed with how to design anything outdoors as you have pretty much nothing at the start but it seems like with the 3DS game as you meet more & more people and design for them you get to keep their added items so the more animals you eventually do you'll start having a load of options to work with but for the moment the designs outdoors are totally blank. Designed Eloise a place to read & just finished making a crafting getaway for a mouse whose name i totally forgot. Been able to hang stuff from the ceilings again is going to make the designs be a hell of a lot more fun once all the items return as i unlock them, hoping all the tiki stuff is in there as i want to remake some of my old designs from the 3DS version.

I'm probably going to end up spending more time on this than the main game at this rate as the more stuff i unlock the more i'll eventually be able to carry over. Just wish Nintendo & 7-11 would pull their damn fingers out and do another campaign collaboration and give us back the 7-11 items, i ache to have my conveni in high res with beautiful lighting.

Comment

I still can’t get into it.
          Home designing is the least appealing aspect of the game to me.
          I have to admit that I’m putting pretty much the minimal amount of effort into each property, just to get it done.
          I’m more excited about the new furniture items, and links through to the main game.
          The facilities I find much more interesting though.

Comment

I love the designing aspect which is why i really got into happy home designer it was like all the fun but with none of the tedious grinding for money to facilitate it. There's enough they have added into the main game combined with HHP to satisfy pretty much anyone on how they play with been able to grow & cook food it almost starts to become a farming type game as well now.

Been messing about with the first person camera as one thing that majorly pissed me off was the fact the museum is so awesome and yet you can't see hardly anything inside up close it's like nintendo's little sick joke. Spend ages collecting & filling it up then only get to view it from select angles they allow or from miles away.

NOT ANYMORE

Comment

I'll get some photos up later.

Be sure to check Nook Shopping! I had a bulldozer in there yesterday, and a projection screen in there today.
              Leif is on my island today, but has changed his stock to sugar cane and tomatoes - finally no bloody pumpkins!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                I'll get some photos up later.

Be sure to check Nook Shopping! I had a bulldozer in there yesterday, and a projection screen in there today.
                Leif is on my island today, but has changed his stock to sugar cane and tomatoes - finally no bloody pumpkins!
                Thanks for the reminder as i keep forgetting to check, there's now a load of new items they put in the final update a hell of a LOT of new items into the catalogue from what i have read up online it looks like the item total is now around 9000 which seems insane not that i'm gonna sit down & start counting gonna guess they counted each variant too looks like the phone app has a few extra items to spend those points on too but once again i keep forgetting to load up the companion phone app and go click for my daily points. Annoying you only get like 10 points a day unless you trigger the x2 random bonus thingy.

Bought a really cool looking tv & vcr combo tv from the HHP shop today, i also tested out if you actually need online when visiting the HHP part of the game & it seems you don't as i went to the airport with wireless totally turned off and it loaded up fine. Glad i bought the expansion separately and not as a online sub extra, would hate the idea of it been attached to a subscription. Kind of wish it was a physical release though and not a digital expansion. Think this payday i'm just gonna bite the bullet and get a jpn box of series 5 before the madness of xmas strikes and the prices go up yet more, it means i'll be pretty much paying double but sod it after the month i have had it's time i treat myself a bit more (activate weak justification mode lol)

Seems the marketplace sellers in japan are now taking more steps to stop people scamming animal crossing cards, there's a few sellers that say they will take photographs of the sealed box before they sell to stop people buying and opening it then pulling out the good packs and replacing them with junk and sending it back as apparently the packs can be worked out whats in them so there are a lot of people making junk pack sets and selling them as new when they have all been searched. Things have certainly gone for the worse since happy home designer first released.

Comment

Ok i laughed hard at this, so that's what happens if you don't bring cash

Comment

So, today’s visit to Happy Home Paradise revealed the following…

Wardell has a catalogue. Don’t know if it just unlocked after a certain amount of days (the time aspect of HHP I’m not sure about yet), or by talking to him.
                    His catalogue is immense. All your standard catalogue plus anything you’ve been given in HHP, in all variations.
                    All payed for by Poki…
                    I’m gonna have to grind a bit, I think..

Comment

Possible save corrupting glitch.
                      Basically, don’t remodel villagers home with a Dodo open.

Nintendo aware, patch coming.

Comment

Anyone who wants to, I can add their Dream Address, Designer ID and HHA ID to the online thread.

Comment

not sure if this has been posted allready and most of us wont ever see this but its too funny not to post

If your using a dodgy version of animal crossing and you go on a boat ride with Kapp'n he traps you on an empty Island and refuses to take you back

Comment

That can't be real, can it?

If it is, I love it. I absolutely love it.

Comment

It seems too involved for it to be real nintendo rarely put that much effort into anti piracy stuff usually you'd get a static screen and that would be it. With how you can already hack the game to have scripted events for recording memes & stuff someone probably just knocked it together.

Comment

Dammit, I used Wendell's

pay later

option on a Sampler for 43'000 Poki yesterday, now there's a Sword for 81'000!
                                Off to work I go...

Comment

Working...
                                X