No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nookpedia says you need the Candles Wall as well…

Comment

I thought I'd send the magic circle floor out to a few...I'll keep an eye out for the candle wall.

Comment

Not doing much this evening besides messing about just walking around my island enjoying the ambient feel but sometimes it's nice to stop & realize just how pretty the lighting looks sometimes even the tons of tiny touches make the game special it puts a lot of next gen games to shame with the amount of detail in there, i wonder if a lot of people miss these. I took a coffee to go from brewster and while i was holding it outside during the cold weather you can see the steam coming off it. Or when i went in the insect wing of the museum at night and one of the stag beetles wasn't in it's usual place on the tree and i noticed it had gone and flown to another tree the big one to the right of the north exit to have a sumo battle with another stag beetle while the others on the tree surround them to watch (lol i'm not making this up i was amazed that it was going on) and when you get close it stops fighting & flies off back to it's own tree. Or the ants that have escaped their enclosure and you can follow the trail all the way to the coffee cup with the sugar cubes in the lab in the insect house where the flies & fleas are kept. It makes me wonder what other stuff only happens at certain times of day. Never seen the insects battle before must only happen at night & i rarely go in the insect wing at night.

Also think i may be getting more than a friendship photo from Beardo

I'll keep saying this forever but i love the lighting in this game, the world always feels so cozy. Love how the darkness makes my house look super weird with the shadows.

My first snowman of the year but they are harsh graders i was 90% close damn it.

Star valley looks pretty in the snow

And i may have a problem as i now have an eruption on the island

Most of my island is still not finished as it's been turned into farmland for veggies & flowers, maybe one day i'll actually fully start to decorate it properly, hell even my house is undecorated but till i have enough of the stuff that needs to grow i'll use the space for that first.
        Last edited by importaku; 29-11-2021, 22:26.

Comment

Found a fun use for the stage flames, you can construct a hole and them wall them in so the flame is poking up too i need to find a cool way to use this effect, currently hidden behind my house but know i know you can wall them in gonna try to make a feature somewhere.

Also on Sadako guard duty again, the villagers have been mentioning spotting a long haired human in a nightie wandering around near the well. Put up a warning sign just in case any of the villagers go missing.

Comment

I was doing the same thing with the Hyacinth lamps, but to a less impressive effect. I was going to change over to the stage flames but just haven't had the time.

Lighted display stand get! If anyone wants...

Also, my DIY from Daisy Mae this week is the Kabu Ankake, which needs 10 turnips. However, if you have a bunch of turnips together, the game doesn't recognise them in your inventory and you have to Grab 10 first. Silly.

Comment

Well after patiently waiting for the price to drop i now officially have a whole box of series 5 cards hopefully shipping out this week, had to be really careful and pick a seller on amazon that guaranteed that the box was still sealed and hadn't been tampered with as apparently that's now a huge problem in japan. There's now ways to find out the cards inside by the code printed on each pack so some sellers are opening booster boxes up picking out all the primo character packs to resell at a premium and filling it back up with crap packs and resealing it, there's single series 5 cards on amazon already going for like 8000 yen. Series 5 not gonna be easy to complete thanks to them doing the dick move of making a ton of SP cards there's 24 sp cards and only 25 packs in a box so very little room for doubles, hoping for a complete set but i'm not that confident this time. I tried looking for japanese unboxings on youtube to see what the chances are but most people online have been buying from the japanese my nintendo store and they only allow you to buy 10 packs. Either way i'm probably going to have a bunch of villager doubles and one SP card extra for anyone that wants some japanese spares, won't be price gouging them i'll let them go at cost.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                Well after patiently waiting for the price to drop i now officially have a whole box of series 5 cards hopefully shipping out this week, had to be really careful and pick a seller on amazon that guaranteed that the box was still sealed and hadn't been tampered with as apparently that's now a huge problem in japan. There's now ways to find out the cards inside by the code printed on each pack so some sellers are opening booster boxes up picking out all the primo character packs to resell at a premium and filling it back up with crap packs and resealing it, there's single series 5 cards on amazon already going for like 8000 yen. Series 5 not gonna be easy to complete thanks to them doing the dick move of making a ton of SP cards there's 24 sp cards and only 25 packs in a box so very little room for doubles, hoping for a complete set but i'm not that confident this time. I tried looking for japanese unboxings on youtube to see what the chances are but most people online have been buying from the japanese my nintendo store and they only allow you to buy 10 packs. Either way i'm probably going to have a bunch of villager doubles and one SP card extra for anyone that wants some japanese spares, won't be price gouging them i'll let them go at cost.
                You know where I am...and any triples I'll pay you for to send to my mum. Assuming nobody else has already beaten me to the punch. I have a few packs (and swaps) already so we'll talk about what I don't need.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  You know where I am...and any triples I'll pay you for to send to my mum. Assuming nobody else has already beaten me to the punch. I have a few packs (and swaps) already so we'll talk about what I don't need.
                  I'll keep you informed when they eventually turn up.

On other news i finally worked out how to make amazon japan let me buy japanese eshop credit digitally from them. It seems there was a setting in the digital content section of my account and that was set to the uk, i changed the region to japan and i had to put all my japanese tenso address in as well as the phone number. I then did a test purchase of 500 yen to see if it would work. It went through fine & you get sent an email with the point code to put in on the eshop you can access your digital orders in the digital purchased software section. So now i have a way of buying eshop money at cost price again instead of maked up playasia offerings. Glad i found it before the 3DS eshop is closed down next month

Comment

Did you need to change your billing address too?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      Did you need to change your billing address too?
                      No it doesn't seem to need to know what billing address is tied to your payment, i keep checking my email awaiting one from amazon saying NOOOO you can't buy our digital stuff but so far the system seems to be fine with me buying. When you put in your japanese address & phone number it just saves it as a new address in your address book not related to whatever address you normally use.

For example when i first started using amazon japan i only bought books so i used my uk address and when i added my visa credit card it used the same address as that, when i finally set up a tenso account i added their japanese address into my account and set that one as the default. Then the other day i added the tenso address in again in the digital software section of my amazon japan account but for whatever reason it refused to accept tenso's phone number i figured it out that it was too long after trying with spaces between the numbers then dashes between the numbers but it refused to go in so i removed the 03 area code in front of the number and it went through. So this new address has a slightly different phone number so i know in my address book which one is tied to the tenso account and which is used for digital purchases. I went back into my account to double check the right japanese address is set as default.

If you need more help with this if you can't find the section on amazon fire us a pm and i'll do some screen grabs to walk you through but you should be ok, i half thought about doing a guide in the import section but so few people would ever need to use this that it seems a bit of a waste of time. The only thing i'll say is don't try and just put any random address in as it would cause more problems if anything ever goes wrong with a purchase. While the system seems to be automatic for buying digital stuff i don't know if anyone at amazon checks manually.

This is all the eshop points they sell all of them upto 9000yen

and if you ever want playstation store points

If you ever want to buy a 3 or 12 month nintendo online sub they sell those too

Totally worth the effort to set up though means you don't have to get price gouged from places like play asia and shops of the similar like. Think there's loads of digital type point stuff for loads of services you'll have access to now if you do it.
                      Last edited by importaku; 02-12-2021, 12:19.

Comment

I found the section after you mentioned it, which is why I wondered about the billing address.
                        I have my father in law's address to use anyway.

Comment

Think i'm banned from the museum, Blathers started screaming at me to get out and he was going to call the police after i got him to appraise one of the pics Redd sold me one called the goatse

Found a really great page for importing images in and even splitting them up into multiple pic tiles for extra high resolution. I daren't turn this into a full sized frame pic and place it on the floor near the airport for people to see from the air as they approach my island as nintendo would ban my ass in a second. Here's the site it allows you to turn them into QR codes to scan using the nintendo online phone app.
                          Check out this QR Code Maker tool for Animal Crossing: New Horizons Switch (ACNH). Upload any picture you want and convert it to an in-game custom design with this design creator!
                          Last edited by importaku; 07-12-2021, 15:23.

Comment

Nips are 453 here today if anybody needs to offload.

Comment

A lazy sunday on the island, in between tormenting Blathers with a new vacation home, decided to try and build up a ton more miles as i'm burning through them doing kappn visits but i have found some use for the seasonal islands that sometimes appear usually i just get the gyroid fragment and leave. For once i decided to stick around on the summer one and ended up getting a few of the harder to get insects i had yet to find, because the island is so small it's super easy to get tree insects. Just 6 left to go & 4 sea creatures and my museum is 100% complete.

Comment

Got the Shooting Star island on my Kapp'n trip today.
                                Turns out that I was able to swim for Tiger Prawns (which is an out-of-season DIY ingredient), as it was July/nighttime.

Comment

Working...
                                X