Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have sea bass.

Nothing but sea bass.

I haven’t seen a single one of those fish you’re discussing.

Just sea bass.

Everywhere.

Comment

I think that's fake enough.

Wishing with Budge the other night.

Finally!

Got a pirate ship version of the bottled ship today, anyone want? I also have the trading ship.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Got a pirate ship version of the bottled ship today, anyone want?
        Oh all I ever seem to get is the pirate one, can you send me a trader?

Comment

How often does Redd show up?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
            How often does Redd show up?
            once every 2 weeks.

Comment

Whaaaat. Has anyone worked out the shortest time, without time travel, to complete the gallery?

Comment

Assuming no duplicates, 86 weeks. (30 paintings, 13 statues, once every 2 weeks)

Comment

But you can buy in other islands when Redd visits, right? So even if it’s limited to one purchase a day, you could fill the gallery sooner than 86 weeks... unless he always visits on the same days, which I don’t think he does.

Comment

Right. I should have mentioned that I was considering offline play only.

Comment

Some items are rarer than others too.
                      Looks like buying statues is preferable (if they’re legit!)

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        But you can buy in other islands when Redd visits, right? So even if it’s limited to one purchase a day, you could fill the gallery sooner than 86 weeks... unless he always visits on the same days, which I don’t think he does.
                        You are correct every persons town he will appear on a different date but might also appear on a same date too as your town might be similar in that respect if it is the same date pattern. I'm not sure what would happen if someone has already bought one from redd would he let you pick from the remaining 3 pieces of art or would that be it? no idea unless someone tests it out.

I did discover though that the colours of the drinks and vending machines you sent us can't be bought from the nook miles catalogue only your original colours can be ordered i was curious to see what happened. However to rub salt in the wound when you search from them in the nook shopping cataloge they are there and you can move the little thingy left and right to see all the colour variations you have catalogued so far but you can't obvs order from that catalogue so if you want all the colours you are gonna have to keep one of each somewhere in your town or in your storage. Same for any other nook miles colour variant item. Boooo nintendo booooooooooo.

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                        Some items are rarer than others too.
                        Looks like buying statues is preferable (if they’re legit!)
                        from my experience the statues do seem to appear less often certain ones rarely ever showing up like the headless angel. That one was the last one i needed to complete my art section and it only ever appeared once before since i got the redd update and the first time it appeared it was the fake version. Obviously it will be different RNG rates per town so some people may see others more often than other people. I still buy any statues i see that i know are genuine then pass them randomly onto you lot in my friends list but i have lost track of what i have sent to who so if you all ever get any doubles please humour me and pretend you havent got it before lol
                        Last edited by importaku; 11-05-2020, 20:04.

Comment

You cant buy something that has already sold. I bought a bootleg mona lisa that was the only thing left when visiting. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and must admit defeat here....im not gonna complete that!

Comment

Ah, I didn’t realise you couldn’t buy a genuine article from Redd if it has already been bought by someone else. Filling the gallery will be next to impossible then.

I got one of those special lily flowers in my town today, which I guess must mean I have a 5-star rating again somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              You cant buy something that has already sold. I bought a bootleg mona lisa that was the only thing left when visiting. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and must admit defeat here....im not gonna complete that!
                              Don't give up on it i can help out as i still buy original art & statues when i see them so even if you don't see him i can still help you all out, i have no problem abusing time travel when the games is pretty unfair in some of these things. 2 weeks is pretty crap compared to how often every other visitor appears.

Comment

Thank you. It is! Im looking forward to seeing a snowy island this winter, I must admit. I need to get rid of trees like you and start designing my island now. Have a 450k harvest for fruit but with the house paid off I dont need it!

Comment

Working...
                                X