No announcement yet.

Hades [PC/NSW]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you for your switch account sorted in the end, i see the issues you were having in the main switch thread, never good.

Yet you’ve still managed to avoid paying the rrp of the game yet again somehow 🤣

Comment

Yeah I'm a jammy git sometimes. I'm glad I got it sorted as well though I'd almost given up... I ended up raising a brand new support call which got assigned to some one other than the jobsworth winker handling my original case and they removed the 2FA within a couple of hours.

That put me in a good mood so figured I would grab Hades and that's when I noticed I had a bit of credit... I should buy some scratch cards.

Comment

I remember they were looking to add the ability to move saves between PC and Switch, did that ever land and is it present with the other formats? If I could move my Switch save to PS5 I'd consider doing that, but I don't think I can face starting from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          I remember they were looking to add the ability to move saves between PC and Switch, did that ever land and is it present with the other formats? If I could move my Switch save to PS5 I'd consider doing that, but I don't think I can face starting from scratch.
          Switch to PC transfer is available, but sadly not between Switch and XB/PS. Like you, I don’t fancy starting over so it’s a real inhibitor to me getting a next gen version

Comment

I’ve only played an hour or so on Mac, but how much progress can you lose in a rogue like? Unless this is different to most others you normally end up back to the beginning when you die with a bit more knowledge and maybe some unlocks

Comment

It's hard to pin down exactly, but I think the term that I saw folks using a lot was rogue-lite. It's definitely a lot friendlier than say, Spelunky - the random elements always come into play but you can definitely give yourself way more of a starting boost than you can in other roguelikes. There are a lot of things that carry over; currencies, dialogue progression, weapon/aspect unlocks, your number of clears... and yeah, starting from scratch is not particularly appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                It's hard to pin down exactly, but I think the term that I saw folks using a lot was rogue-lite. It's definitely a lot friendlier than say, Spelunky - the random elements always come into play but you can definitely give yourself way more of a starting boost than you can in other roguelikes. There are a lot of things that carry over; currencies, dialogue progression, weapon/aspect unlocks, your number of clears... and yeah, starting from scratch is not particularly appealing.
                Dabbled with this a bit and done a few runs but it wasn't until last night that it really hit home how much fun this can be and i started seriously playing this to grind out upgrades and unlock all my weapons and mirror perks, I'd had a few runs where i got to the Hydra and then no further but last night it all just clicked and i ended up storming past the first few zones, As far as builds go, i still felt quite under-powered in zone three so could do with leveling up my mirror properly. Things like iron-skin and the ability to revive once per run feel like really good powers for getting used to the game and for matching bosses health pools.

It really is the luck of the draw what upgrades you get and one thing i have found is a good deflect power up is a must, shield break power-ups are also pretty op, I've got a deflect on dash with shield break and a deflect on attack and it felt like i was impossible to get hit at times like i was running a god mode build, being able to dash and bounce all projectiles back at enemies makes the game a lot easier too.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 04-01-2022, 15:37.

Comment

Nice sale prices means I get to add this to my backlog today!

Comment

Currently returning to this on Game Pass after a cursory glance in October - and I’m really enjoying it. I’m a sucker for any game that rewards you for every play through, and this has upgrades in spades. I do sometimes find myself mashing buttons as a strategy to get through levels, but I enjoy the fluidity, the constant rewards and the steady improvement between play throughs. I’ll be sticking with it to the end, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X