No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks both for the recommendations. Looking forward to Christmas now as it's my full Christmas off in 7 years. I have 4 deep games now to keep me entertained over the festive period

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
      Thanks both for the recommendations. Looking forward to Christmas now as it's my full Christmas off in 7 years. I have 4 deep games now to keep me entertained over the festive period
      Mate I am so happy for you. Hope you enjoy it, DS's was my intro to the series many years ago but this version is like a blockbuster version of an amazing title. Happy holidays!

Comment

After playing this in beautiful 60fps, I've now picked up Dark Souls Remastered. This is the way.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          After playing this in beautiful 60fps, I've now picked up Dark Souls Remastered. This is the way.
          If only Bandai Namco put 1/10th of the effor that went into the new Demon's...

Comment

Gah, just got invaded and fell for the sneakiest of tactics Now 4-1 is crawling with rock-hard phantom skels for added kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              If only Bandai Namco put 1/10th of the effor that went into the new Demon's...
              Please expand. Do you mean From Software or the developers who handled the remaster? Do you mean that the DS remaster should have been to the level of Bluepoint's PS5 Demon's Souls?

Comment

I mean that Dark Souls Remaster is hardly a remaster, it's just a port to other systems running at higher resolution and framerates. And DSfix already took care of the framerate in the original on PC.
                While I love Dark Souls a lot could have been refined in Remaster, like the menus, faster ladder cimbling, and other QoL improvements. Or, you know, taking care of the PC netcode so that hacks that worked in DS1 wouldn't work in Remaster.
                I wasn't asking for something as work-intensive as Bluepoint's Demon's Souls, just more than a straight port.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  I mean that Dark Souls Remaster is hardly a remaster, it's just a port to other systems running at higher resolution and framerates. And DSfix already took care of the framerate in the original on PC.
                  While I love Dark Souls a lot could have been refined in Remaster, like the menus, faster ladder cimbling, and other QoL improvements. Or, you know, taking care of the PC netcode so that hacks that worked in DS1 wouldn't work in Remaster.
                  I wasn't asking for something as work-intensive as Bluepoint's Demon's Souls, just more than a straight port.
                  With PS5 out with it's BC boosts (see DSIII running in 60FPS) and in hindsight, I see what you are saying, but before knowing about the abilities of PS5, in 2018, a DS with 60FPS, resolution boosts and number of quality of life changes seemed like a great thing to me.

Comment

Dark Souls Remaster is already 60fps on PS4, even non-Pro models.

Comment

Yeah, that's my point. DS Remaster was very appealing to me in 2018. Still is. Hence why I got it. Only way I can play it a 60FPS.

Comment

And just like that my 4-1 is at pure black world tendancy and

black phantom Satsuki awaits right at the very opening of the level

effectively shutting off my progress until I'm much stronger

I was having a fairly merry romp and then got slapped hard. The game can always be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          And just like that my 4-1 is at pure black world tendancy and

black phantom Satsuki awaits right at the very opening of the level

effectively shutting off my progress until I'm much stronger
                          That's the most dangerous thing in the whole game, mostly because it cannot be cheesed unlike many other bosses or named black phantoms. The best tactic would be to be as light as possible, with a fast weapon, and a decent medium shield. No matter the armour you wear its attacks will kill a few strikes.

Comment

You definitely have my sympathy; even when I was at the point when I was *trying* to make that happen, I think it accounted for the highest number of deaths in my entire time with the game given how quickly you come back, how relentless it is, and how hard the hits come. The only good news is that when you are ready to push through, you should get a CT bump and be back to nice, cosy, neutral WT.

4-2 was my own particular hell, but the Shrine of Storms in general is up there as the toughest in the game.

Comment

Same thing happened to me

He's shockingly tough, especially when you're not even expecting him to be there. And then suddenly he's aggroing the moment you spawn in and OHKOing you.

I still haven't beaten him but haven't been able to game much lately.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Same thing happened to me

He's shockingly tough, especially when you're not even expecting him to be there. And then suddenly he's aggroing the moment you spawn in and OHKOing you.

I still haven't beaten him but haven't been able to game much lately.
                                Playing in souls form and using the cling ring is how I've avoided going into black world tendency, isn't it common knowledge that dying too much in body form is what turns your world black? The world tendency system dose seem really backwards to me though, surely if your dying a lot it should turn the world white to make things easier, Beating bosses and killing difficult stuff should turn the world black and make things harder for you. punishing you for being crap by making it even harder is very masochistic and alienating system that's just gonna push more people away.

first time playig this and really enjoying it hated the swamp area though the most, Must be nearing the end of this though as Ive done all the stones up to world 4 and scratching my head where to go next?? think there was more to do in world one after area 4 but if that's a dead end then not sure where to go .

Comment

Working...
                                X