Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Your own character appeared to have no reflection?
    Yeah, hence me highlighting it over the "BROKEN", there.

To be honest it's probably better that way right now until they patch the player-character skeleton. It moves in a goofy fashion if you study the shadows, and looks barely rigged at all. So, probably best disabled as a reflection for now.

Comment

Had the issue with Jackie not passing through a door so a mission couldn't be completed, third time on reloading an auto-save and he finally went through. Rest of the night went without any glitches of bugs nicely so now into Act 2. I am enjoying it but man, this is the most tightly structured of light-FPS action games at best, any mention of RPG in the same breath is wrongly placed. It's nice to have such a glossy visual game though even if it is puddle deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Had the issue with Jackie not passing through a door so a mission couldn't be completed, third time on reloading an auto-save and he finally went through. Rest of the night went without any glitches of bugs nicely so now into Act 2. I am enjoying it but man, this is the most tightly structured of light-FPS action games at best, any mention of RPG in the same breath is wrongly placed. It's nice to have such a glossy visual game though even if it is puddle deep.
        I am assuming it gets more RPG as it goes on. The first couple of acts is pretty much on rails on purpose but once you get out into the open world and the credits roll for the opener (about 8 hours in for me) it feels like its going to start to open up... At least, that is the vibe I am getting at where I am in the story right now.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

It opens up as far as available side missions and ways of approaching them / progressing the main story go, but it does seem to me that the RPG systems in this are a bit seconday as choices don't really impact massively on the style of game play you want to pursue. Whether you want to stealth it up or go in guns blazing, the mods and skills don't really have a huge impact on your character from what I can tell to influence this much. The Witcher 3 was similar in this regard.

Where this game really shines is in the environment, atmosphere and story - side missions have as much attentional to detail as the main quests.

For those trying to maximise performance whilst keeping the visual fidelity, Digital Foundry's vid it worth a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC25ambD8vs - I've managed to gain a some frames by turning the volumetric clouds setting down.
          Last edited by MartyG; 14-12-2020, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
            It opens up as far as available side missions and ways of approaching them / progressing the main story go, but it does seem to me that the RPG systems in this are a bit seconday as choices don't really impact massively on the style of game play you want to pursue. Whether you want to stealth it up or go in guns blazing, the mods and skills don't really have a huge impact on your character from what I can tell to influence this much. The Witcher 3 was similar in this regard.

This is exactly what I'm hearing from others with the game, and it's disappointing. I really wanted this to be a rich RPG experience with lots of potential for builds.

Although I would say that I don't totally agree with you regarding Witcher 3. I respecced a couple of times in that game, and minmaxed as both physical combat and alchemy respectively. They were both very different ways of playing the game.

That said, it never had the same flexibility as a TES game. Stealth never really felt like an option in Witcher, for one thing. You kinda had to go in all guns blazing, no matter what your build was.

Comment

It's fair to say it's more of a misogynist simulator than a heavy RPG.

As close to a mini-game in Cyberunk 2077 as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

This is genuinely my most 'next-gen' moment since spinning Bowser into a mine.
                Don't forget you have enhanced 'truffle-vision' but, no, to be fair, it does look phenomenal on PC.

Comment

Sometimes all you need is the open road

At some point I'll take the bike and try to jump the canyon again.

Last edited by MartyG; 14-12-2020, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post

Where this game really shines is in the environment, atmosphere and story - side missions have as much attentional to detail as the main quests.

For those trying to maximise performance whilst keeping the visual fidelity, Digital Foundry's vid it worth a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC25ambD8vs - I've managed to gain a some frames by turning the volumetric clouds setting down.
                    Thanks for this. I think I am ok with that myself as I generally don't like delving too deep into RPG builds and so on... As long as it lets me decide on order of progression with some side quests and exploration I'm good. It also helps that they can keep me engaged with a decent story for the duration, I'm then inclined to forgive it not having any deeper complexities in the genre...

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      Yeah, hence me highlighting it over the "BROKEN", there.

To be honest it's probably better that way right now until they patch the player-character skeleton. It moves in a goofy fashion if you study the shadows, and looks barely rigged at all. So, probably best disabled as a reflection for now.
                      Everyone looks like zombies, looking at the floor. Is that a plot thing? Oppressed population or something?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Although I would say that I don't totally agree with you regarding Witcher 3. I respecced a couple of times in that game, and minmaxed as both physical combat and alchemy respectively. They were both very different ways of playing the game.
                        I'm not sure this has been tuned for min-maxing, perhaps it'd make more of a difference on the higher difficulty settings, but it does feel that it's been done to be more accessible to more people.

I fear the days of proper min-maxing in RPGs has melted away along with turn-based combat and it's now the domain of the more niche JRPGs you find on Steam (and there are some good ones hidden in there amougst the guff).

Comment

Oh dear, that’s disappointing [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION]. Is it that sort of basic, mostly pointless upgrading of the sort you get in most modern games, e.g. the modern Tomb Raiders?

Comment

The tech trees are quite extensive and there are a lot of them.

It breaks down like this, there are two main experience gains, level and street cred - the main levels allow you to upgrade body, reflexes, tech ability, intelligence and cool, then underneath each of these are two or three skill trees with multiple items for example the athletics tree under the body stat - these are advanced by street cred. You also make gains in skills by using them (like Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion)

The one I have highlighted increases stamina by 10%, so there's a lot of different stuff there, it just doesn't seem to impact on the game all that much. As I said, maybe on the higher difficulties it's more impactful, but I've found most of the time going in guns blazing is the most effective thing, so whilst you can play the hack, overload and sneak route, eventually it turns into a gun fight anyway.

It's not that these choices have zero impact (some game choices are restricted without the sufficient character skill levels), but choices made never really block off any other pathways in the game (as proper min-maxing would).
                            Last edited by MartyG; 15-12-2020, 08:07.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Everyone looks like zombies, looking at the floor. Is that a plot thing? Oppressed population or something?
                              Maybe. It's a bit of a deprived area.

Comment

Couple of holiday snaps:

Comment

Working...
                                X