No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how many variations there are but the endgame offers up some carefully considered decisions. I picked my way through it and I'm now onto what feels like the closing chapter (was too tired to play to full completion last night). It's well done and in line with what you'd expect but this game was all about the journey for me. I'm going to play a couple of other titles and then dive back in and play from another perspective (went Street Kid this time).

It's also back down to £20 this weekend on PSN:

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure RPG set in the megalopolis of Night City, where you play as a cyberpunk mercenary wrapped up in a do-or-die fight for survival. Upgraded with next-gen in mind and featuring free additional content, customize your character and playstyle as you take on jobs, build a reputation, and unlock upgrades. The relationships you forge and the choices you make will shape the story and the world around you. Legends are made here. What will yours be IMMERSE YOURSELF WITH UPDATE 2.1 ON PLAYSTATION 5 Night City feels more alive than ever with the free Update 2.1 Take a ride on the fully functional NCART metro system, listen to music as you explore the city with the Radioport, hang out with your partner in V’s apartment, compete in replayable races, ride new vehicles, enjoy improved bike combat and handling, discover hiddens secrets and much, much more CREATE YOUR OWN CYBERPUNK Become an urban outlaw equipped with cybernetic enhancements and build your legend on the streets of Night City. EXPLORE THE CITY OF THE FUTURE Night City is packed to the brim with things to do, places to see, and people to meet. And it’s up to you where to go, when to go, and how to get there. BUILD YOUR LEGEND Go on daring adventures and build relationships with unforgettable characters whose fates are shaped by the choices you make. EQUIPPED WITH NEXT-GEN FEATURES Immerse yourself in Night City like never before thanks to faster load times, improved visual and gameplay features, ray tracing and dynamic 4K support, and more. CLAIM EXCLUSIVE ITEMS Claim in-game swag digital goodies inspired by CD PROJEKT RED games as part of the My Rewards program.

Comment

From the news thread about the new patch

Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 (PC and next-gen consoles only).

In practice it is an improvement (on SX) but no where near 60FPS at all, it does performs quite well over what i remember of the original Ray Trace mode as long you can don't turn the camera, cos when you do it becomes a blurry mess till the resolution changes catch up and made me feel mild motion sickness till i got use to it. I think it ok to use when doing anything outside of combat as it really does make the game look fantastic, specially at night and with any weather effects on (fog/smog/rain etc,etc). I'm sure the likes of DF will give a more technical take in a days time.

Summary, i'll probably with stick to it.

Comment

Thanks for the overview. I wonder if turning off motion blur would help?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Thanks for the overview. I wonder if turning off motion blur would help?
          i have it off in the options as i can't stand any motion blur, i think its just way this graphics mode works (from my uneducated view)

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
            From the news thread about the new patch

Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 (PC and next-gen consoles only).

In practice it is an improvement (on SX) but no where near 60FPS at all, it does performs quite well over what i remember of the original Ray Trace mode as long you can don't turn the camera, cos when you do it becomes a blurry mess till the resolution changes catch up and made me feel mild motion sickness till i got use to it. I think it ok to use when doing anything outside of combat as it really does make the game look fantastic, specially at night and with any weather effects on (fog/smog/rain etc,etc). I'm sure the likes of DF will give a more technical take in a days time.

Summary, i'll probably with stick to it.
            Yep I've been trying this on ps5 and get the same blur. It might be caused by over zealous Vsync. The anti aliasing is a touch minimal too, things are a little too sharp on edges.
            Still, it plays way smoother and with the added RT shadow effects it looks very nice. I'll stick to this mode for a bit.

Comment

Decided to finish up the main story after running in to a pile of side quest killing bugs stopping me completing a couple of gigs and cyber psychos, and lot of the later side quests had npc activation problems which required reloads or putting up with a few minute wait while the npc get to where they need to be (which can often be inside a car or two). Ended up staying in the updated RTX mode even in combat, i think they did something in a further patch to the turning blur or i just got use to it, but it does look so damn good with it turned on and mostly above 30fps.

Anyway game is finished, not sure where my ending ranking in the good to bad finishes but it hold true the cyberpunk not getting happy endings (at least for me)

Let Hanako put her Father in her Brother, and i left the space station to die on my own terms.

One warning... make sure you have 1 hard save in the open world before doing the final long string of locked in story missions, i got lucky and had 1 autosave, the last in the list still in the open world from the save/load menu.
              Last edited by Tobal; 12-12-2022, 23:52.

Comment

The game does give you the option to continue with your save once you have reached an ending. It will drop you back into the world before the final story mission with everything you have accumulated, I assume so you can continue on and do the other 3 endings.

Comment

I tried that as the game did say to do it, but it loaded me back into the space station, which is why i had to search through the auto saves, anyway it worked and gave me the rewards for completing the game.

Comment

I've upgraded my vote to a 10. Easy AF.

Comment

I've played the first couple of hours of Phantom Liberty now, and it's reasonably decent so far - there are some things I'm not so mad keen on, such as making your way through Dogtown - it's a case of first-person 3D platforming and it's really annoying couple with it being so dark in places it's difficult to see anything.

Also, the first boss battle was really tedious - dragged on for way too long.

It's only the first couple of hours though, and I think it's opened up a bit now I've gotten through the initial part which is a bit on-rails, now there's a chance for a bit of exploration. I definitely want to finish it, and I need to explore the new skill tree you get access to as part of the DLC.

Not sure I'd rate it at the 10/10 it's been getting so far, but we'll see how it progresses.

Comment

Anyone here got the HUD bug, whereby a soft digital corruption effect plays across your HUD and your controller softly vibrates on PS5? I do.

I had a mission whereby I got hit and my vision kept glitching and my controller kept vibrating. This continued for awhile but seemed to go away. After an hour, it returned unprompted, and kept going for hours. I finally decided to look online and it's a known issue and the advice was to do something in game that removed the HUD (Drink, have sex etc.) along with deleting saves and all manor of other things. None of it worked and slowly it seems like the only way to fix it is to start a new game. **** that.

A real shame as although it's not stunning, I adore the game world and atmosphere, with some great characters and story points. It's also a nice jump up in quality and fun after the drudge of Death Stranding. But it's still a technical mess from my 10 hours with it and combined with this game ruining bug, I think I'm going to have to jump ship unless there is a workaround.

Comment

Picked up the dlc and started the game all over again. Great excuse to be back in Night City.

Comment

I'm currently 40 hours into my third save which I started with patch 2.0 and I'm having a blast. I've installed a few mods including infinite stat reset, travel to fast travel points from anywhere and a general game console where I can add certain items and do whatever else. Playing for a guy the first time this save so I'm looking forward to romance Panam and eventually I'll begin Phantom Liberty. I'm still getting odd behaviour at times but the world feels much more cohesive than it has before, I think the game is in a pretty good state right now, although I thought that with 1.6 too.

Comment

Working...
                            X