Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series

Demos are out on Asian/JP PSN/Switch. Not sure about other systems.

You get the first two levels from Klonoa 1 and the first level from Klonoa 2. Switch version was running pretty bad unfortunately with obvious judder as the screen moved. You really notice and feel it in person. PSN version ran fine though and will probably be the one I pick up.

Comparisons are already starting to show up, we'll probably see direct side by side stuff soon. Klonoa 1 looks quite good imo outside of one character model in particular looking very flat (the whiskers guy). Klonoa 2 looked OK. The videos below give you an idea of the visual differences

(1) 13 Minutes of Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series Gameplay | Summer Game Fest 2022 - YouTube
    (1) Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (PS2) Playthrough / Longplay - No Commentary (1080p, original console) - YouTube

I'm hearing from those who tried the Japanese demo that the performance is really inconsistent, even when docked. Shame. Will check out proper reviews but setting expectations low.

Also I hope this isn't one of those things when it performs badly, and Namco assume noone wants Klonoa... Not that they've ballsed it up.
    Last edited by Asura; 23-06-2022, 06:16.

Comment

Yeah its the same whether its docked or handheld. I think I'm at a point now with multi platform releases that I just assume the worst until proven otherwise when it comes to switch versions.

Comment

Working...
      X