No announcement yet.

Splatoon 3 (Nintendo Switch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a campaign mode in this? If so any good?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      There is. And yes. Started it last night. So far it's a series - essentially - of challenge scenarios/encounters within a goofy narrative. I think that's about it, but it's good. Starts off as a general tutorial but the challenges build nicely.
      Last edited by Golgo; 14-09-2022, 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        It's supposed to be excellent, but I've not had the chance to jump into it yet.

Salmon Run has also been fleshed out further if you feel like some co-op for bonus payouts.

Comment

Played a bit last night despite me saying I’d just stick to offline for the start I quickly realised that the shops won’t even talk to you until you play some online matches to get your rank/freshness up. As suspected nearly everyone kicked my ass as they are all running around with way better upgraded guns and clothing so during the matches I hung back and kept the base all our team colour and stopped any encroaching attacks while the others went to the frontline. Managed to get to level 5, also reached the ice area of campaign mode, so far really enjoying it but I turned off gyro aiming till I get totally used to the controls, still haven’t found where to do the card battle thingy yet I can see it on the quick map screen but can’t find it in the town, saw some gaming tables upstairs in the lobby but can’t interact with those. Played a couple of matches in salmon run to see what it’s like, there seems to be a lot to unlock and do in this. Curious if the town opens up more as you play as a bit of it seems cordoned off some of the stores too.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]: "still haven’t found where to do the card battle thingy yet..."

It's tucked away in an alley towards the NE corner of the map from where you typically get dropped in the square.
            If you head N to the lobby entrance then go right you'll find it.

Comment

Cheers I’ll take a look when I play after work tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                Played a bit last night despite me saying I’d just stick to offline for the start I quickly realised that the shops won’t even talk to you until you play some online matches to get your rank/freshness up. As suspected nearly everyone kicked my ass as they are all running around with way better upgraded guns and clothing so during the matches I hung back and kept the base all our team colour and stopped any encroaching attacks while the others went to the frontline. Managed to get to level 5, also reached the ice area of campaign mode, so far really enjoying it but I turned off gyro aiming till I get totally used to the controls, still haven’t found where to do the card battle thingy yet I can see it on the quick map screen but can’t find it in the town, saw some gaming tables upstairs in the lobby but can’t interact with those. Played a couple of matches in salmon run to see what it’s like, there seems to be a lot to unlock and do in this. Curious if the town opens up more as you play as a bit of it seems cordoned off some of the stores too.
                I can easily carry you through some Turf War, and later ranked. *flex*

Just do the single player to nail the controls. It’ll teach you.

And turn motion control back on! Way less fidgety.

For beginner gear you want swim speed, ninja squid, and special meter gain. Farm then spam your specials! The aerospray is the best for TW coverage.
                Last edited by dataDave; 14-09-2022, 12:30.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  I can easily carry you through some Turf War, and later ranked. *flex*

Just do the single player to nail the controls. It’ll teach you.

And turn motion control back on! Way less fidgety.

For beginner gear you want swim speed, ninja squid, and special meter gain. Farm then spam your specials! The aerospray is the best for TW coverage.
                  Thanks for the tips I had no idea which bonuses were best to go for on Clothing, so far I have something that gives me a larger ink reserve and one that lessens ink damage. Was looking at the amiibo for this series as I know they give you some useful gear, damn they are expensive. Will have to pick them up slowly but I love the designs in the meantime I got a set of 17 knockoff splatoon amiibo cards that look really nice. Really wish Nintendo would turn all their amiibo figures into card form I’d buy the lot, enjoy the art but still retain their use and way easier to store without taking up room.

Comment

For ranking up you have to get to three wins, or suffer a pretty big rank penalty if you lose three instead. Super nerve-racking stuff!

Last edited by dataDave; 15-09-2022, 08:07.

Comment

I've just unlocked rank mode and there's no danger of me winning three in a row - no sirree!

Comment

A is so much easier than B. There aren't anywhere near as many messers. Saying that I'm reserving my rank-up matches into S for Splat Zones this evening.

I really liked Splatoon's music. Then I LOVED Splatoon 2's music. I'd convinced myself they wouldn't be able to better that for the third game (I was also initially worried about them recycling Splatoon's main theme) but then here we are - they've completely surpassed any prior expectation.

Another really nice touch is the lobby DJs playing the old classics over the PA. This tune came on last night and it's the first time I've listened to it since 2015 (which was the start of our final year in Singapore). The memories!:

Comment

This has now apparently sold out all of the Switch consoles in Japan.

Comment

Join Team Grub for the Splatfest, people! It's the only way!

Really enjoying the Anarchy Battles (ranked modes), especially Clam Blitz and Rainmaker. Haven't had this much fun in online MP since Overwatch and Titanfall 2 were at their freshest. Brilliant stuff. I am rubbish, however. Ranked C- and falling fast.

Dear Mods: Can we have a poll please? Sorry, I forgot to add one in the original post.

Comment

Being rubbish at a game and it still being fun is awesome.
                              I am also in the same (sinking) boat.

Comment

Slowly working my way up now level 7 & useless as ever on the frontlines but I have discovered my calling as base guard I stay back and make sure the base is coated then goto the frontline edge and support the others by coating what I can reach with suction bombs and lobbing the tacticooler down to help the rest. Last 20 seconds I kamikaze my way into enemy territory and cover as much as I can by wildly inking side to side breaking up their solid blocks of ink. By the time they try to overpaint my mess times up.

Want to play on my lunch break but I don’t think it’s a good idea to tether my switch to my mobile for this as I don’t want the 7 others to get booted out of a match because my signal dropped & I lost connection.
                                Last edited by importaku; 17-09-2022, 10:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X