No announcement yet.

Outrun 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally managed to have a few goes on this at Namcoworld in Meadowhall, must be as much of an orgasm as the first one . My only complaint is that the cab doesn't seem to like tall people too much (I'm guessing that's just the way it was set up there though). I was so cramped it was nigh-on impossible not to be touching the brake all the time.

Surely Sega must recognize that people still play the original Outrun to this day (I know I do), so the longevity excuse seems ridiculous. Maybe they could port Scud Race on it and whack it on the same disc if they're that bothered

Comment

they have it at south mimms services and its the muttz nuttz

Comment

Originally posted by Myname
        My only complaint is that the cab doesn't seem to like tall people too much
        There's a seat adjuster as with most racing games. I fit inside perfectly and I'm 6"1'.

Comment

Yeah, they could port Scud Race as a bonus. You'd have two of the best arcade racers ever made on one disk!

I couldn't see people complaining about it being too short though. It's the kind of game I could see you playing through again and again rather than something that lasts 20 hours and then gathers dust on the shelf.

Nobody ever complained Street Fighter 2 was too short.

Comment

But back in them days attitudes were well different - now if a game doesnt follow a set template nowadays all these little bitches start crying. I bet you if Outrun was ported to home console the main complaint would be that it's too short and there arent enough routes. Score attack and time attack play is totally alien to these plums and they dont see the point of playing games like this.

If Streetfighter 2 came out these days as new it would get slagged off for being short and repetitive - I'd put money on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
              I bet you if Outrun was ported to home console the main complaint would be that it's too short and there arent enough routes. Score attack and time attack play is totally alien to these plums and they dont see the point of playing games like this.
              You only have to read the GamesTM review to see proof of this. They spend two pages saying how wonderful the game is and then finish with words to the effect of "but we can't see even a hardened Sega fan wanting to pay ?40 for something so shallow."

To be honest though...as much as i would like to see a home version, i really think that the arcade is the only place to do a game like this justice. A lot of the fun in games like this and in lots of ways Initial D is playing in a social enviroment. Showing off your L33t driving skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonma
                A lot of the fun in games like this and in lots of ways Initial D is playing in a social enviroment. Showing off your L33t driving skills.
                *has horrendous flashbacks to "Dancegames... It's a social thing."*

AAAAAAAAAARGH

Comment

You know what i mean.

Comment

Finally got to play this in Sheff last Sat wat a game amazin to play prob already been said here, but the sense of speed is emense and the feeling of satifaction doing a power slide is phenomenal. Heart attack is so cool, i completed it twice i have to say i think the Enzo is my fave but the old skool Out Run Ferrari handles much better so it's easier to complete with that. I thought the game was quite easy to get the hang of and after about 5 goes i completed it on Out Run mode and Heart atttack mode but it was so amazin it does not matter, plus Time attack soon made up for that, as i got cained by the top times.

This game so needs a port it's unreal it might b old skool but i ain't complaining cus it's brill. I'd like to congratulate Yu Suzuki on a brillant game as always arigato gozaimasu.

Comment

Yay! They've got a 2-player Outrun 2 cab at Leisure World in Southampton, so if anybody in the area is interested it's worth checking out. Had a go on it today, got the highest score for the easy route ^^. I'm drift pwning the machine =D. Plus, if anybody who plays the Initial D cab in Sega Park, they might know of RJD - the person who has every high score. I beat his on Outrun 2 .

Comment

They have the two player arcade cab at Star City in Birmingham if anyones interested. And unlike most of their other machines the steering wheels aren't wrecked yet. It did mean the removal of the original Sega Rally cab though

Comment

Outrun 2 is the most successful arcade game for years, lads.

Fzero AX on the other hand is failing miserably - hell, distributors are taking the cabinets apart, sticking the Triforce in Virtua Striker and converting the cab into Outrun 2 machines.

Outrun 2 "will have the impact of the original Daytona" - Fzero AX's "screen is too busy. Punters don't give a **** about memory cards". Not my words.

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
                            Yay! They've got a 2-player Outrun 2 cab at Leisure World in Southampton, so if anybody in the area is interested it's worth checking out. Had a go on it today, got the highest score for the easy route ^^. I'm drift pwning the machine =D. Plus, if anybody who plays the Initial D cab in Sega Park, they might know of RJD - the person who has every high score. I beat his on Outrun 2 .
                            cool im gonna get down leisure world soon

Comment

I had a fantasic game when I was in Taito Station in Shinjuku, went through every corner without going off road, powerslid the car inbetween cars and generally had a perfect race. Even got my name to 4th position overall in Outrun mode in the left hand machine (MDX) . I was a happy bunny that day. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
                                Plus, if anybody who plays the Initial D cab in Sega Park, they might know of RJD - the person who has every high score. I beat his on Outrun 2 .
                                Try and beat his Sega Rally 2 times

Comment

Working...
                                X