Snow Runner (PS, Xbox, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow Runner (PS, Xbox, PC)

Big trucks hauling deliveries and repair tools across mud, swamps and snow. I've had it for a while now, playing it on the PS4 for while until i kind of forgot about it when i moved to PS5, after checking out what old PS4 games i had, which could get PS5 upgrades for free or cheap this one i could get for free, so im back in the muck.

Sadly my PS4 cloud save was not compatible with this version so it meant starting from scratch, 2 underpowered and badly equipped vehicles (a Chevvy pickup and some heavy truck with it own rack), i made sure not to make the mistakes i did a newbie, upgraded my pickups tires and ride height to get about exploring for upgrades and scout towers, and start upgrading the broken infrastructure like bridges, rock slide and buildings in the first area, a storm hit Michigan.

Core game is take up jobs and plan your way to the where you need to be, make it through the muck usually with the help of the winch which gets attached to a trees or power lines/street lamps, get paid and then improve or buy new trucks to make life easier.

PS5 upgrades are a straight up FPS and res improvement (solid 60, and 4k), quick load times and haptics/sound effects on to the PS5 pad which is pretty good, used lightly for things gear changes and the winch which feel great and won't tire out your hands. Seems to had alot of DLC maps made for it by the dev's and healthy mod community making new trucks or balancing/reskinning the old, making new maps and the like which can be accessed on the consoles.

Games out for most services for free nowadays, definitely on gamepass, not bothered checking PSN as i brought it on PS4 before the PS5 welcome package or PSN+ upgrade so it could be on there? Also pretty sure Epic gave it away to. Think this time im going to try get co-op going with mates, as it had crossplay update sometime in 2020, pulling super heavy loads with 2 or more trucks sounds a right laugh, and friends not having to spend extra money is usually the right motivator.
    Last edited by Tobal; 23-12-2022, 12:35.

Been meaning to give this a go again too, but I heard the PS5 version has save corruption issues or something? They claimed to fix it in one of the updates but people reported it still happening, so make regular backups mate!

Fun game. I remember loving that you can sell anything for the same value as what you bought it for, so you can swap trucks around howether you like with nothing to worry about.

Comment

Got around to some co-op, good fun. in my single player save i had run a 5 slot trailer a ground and couldn't pull it back or forwards on my own, and after a few attempts we worked out how to dislodge it and took it down the less bumpy ground covered in water and mud, instead of the main track where i got it stuck.

Comment

Working...
      X